CBCS Graded

Anyone have experiences with CPC Pressing?1389

Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego money most likely.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Well this is a confusing move, they had a long relationship with CFP, why not make CFP the "official" partner?
i don't see the need for an "official" pressing company. I would prefer that they have a "trusted" group of pressing companies or something like that.
Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themaxx35
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Well this is a confusing move, they had a long relationship with CFP, why not make CFP the "official" partner?
i don't see the need for an "official" pressing company. I would prefer that they have a "trusted" group of pressing companies or something like that.

I agree as it would seem more unbiased unlike CGC in house pressing controversy
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
CPC is a new company.
That's a little concerning, no?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Have any of you also looked at his pricing? I would much rather use Josh Avery from Avery Pressing Services! Fast turn around time and much better pricing!
Post 30 IP   flag post

It's not about the cost. I use a few people and I send them books based off of skill and where the books will go. My top guy will take the longest, cost the most, and does my ugliest books. He also does not accept books under $500.00, CFP gets my books going straight to CBCS that are not time sensitive, Basement comics gets all of my books to get signed and all time sensitive books. CFP has made me an easy 6 figures in the past 3 years, very good work, also does great work on square bounds and magazines. Basement I have just started working with, but at a glance all the books I gave them were pressed properly.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector keg730 private msg quote post Address this user
>And they're apparently the only service that honors a previous VSP label.

Not sure if this is correct. I think if you use an approved presser who is an AW, the books will retain whatever certification they already have. I know that is true for ASP.

I have not used CPC. I've done a LOT of business with Avery, and he has performed some miracles on books, so I'm sticking with him. Had a couple of bad experiences with CFP.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by keg730

Not sure if this is correct. I think if you use an approved presser who is an AW, the books will retain whatever certification they already have. I know that is true for ASP.

I have not used CPC. I've done a LOT of business with Avery, and he has performed some miracles on books, so I'm sticking with him. Had a couple of bad experiences with CFP.

Can you share what happened with CFP?
Post 33 IP   flag post
> Can you share what happened with CFP?

I would really rather not in public. I don't want to trash on anyone or start an argument. Seems like a lot of people have had good luck with him, but I switched to Josh and am extremely happy.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:

Well, ya kind of just did. CFP has pressed a few hundred books for me without incident.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
Well, ya kind of just did. CFP has pressed a few hundred books for me without incident.

I'm glad you've had good experiences with CFP. I'm not trying to start an argument, just commenting on my experiences with the pressers mentioned.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I'm glad you've had good experiences with CFP. I'm not trying to start an argument, just commenting on my experiences with the pressers mentioned.
But you felt the need to add this, being the first topic you have commented on since joining? WTTB..
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector outlawmonster private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite only press guy to use is Avery Comic Pressing, look at his reviews on Facebook https://m.facebook.com/Avery-Comic-Pressing-LLC-1704132569813936/#!/Avery-Comic-Pressing-LLC-1704132569813936/reviews/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1

Also his price is the cheapest and his pressing is as good or better than anyone else!
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:

I would really rather not in public. I don't want to trash on anyone or start an argument. Seems like a lot of people have had good luck with him, but I switched to Josh and am extremely happy.

I don't think that's in the best interest of anyone. If people have issues with a vendor, then it should be brought to light so other people don't get caught in the same situation. Hiding your "bad" experience doesn't help anyone. Businesses should be held accountable for their actions. That is, of course, if your experience actually happened. If CFP jacked you on your comics, why wouldn't you want to tell other people? I'm not defending CFP. I've never done business with them, so I'm not biased towards any pressing company. Tell us the truth about what happened and let us decide for ourselves. No one's going to bash you for relating your experience.
Post 39 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I'm aware of how it works for ASP books, but I asked Mark Roman specifically about cracking, pressing, and resubmitting a VSP book and he said ONLY CPC, his emphasis.
Post 40 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations
Quote:

I don't think that's in the best interest of anyone. If people have issues with a vendor, then it should be brought to light so other people don't get caught in the same situation. Hiding your "bad" experience doesn't help anyone. Businesses should be held accountable for their actions. That is, of course, if your experience actually happened. If CFP jacked you on your comics, why wouldn't you want to tell other people? I'm not defending CFP. I've never done business with them, so I'm not biased towards any pressing company. Tell us the truth about what happened and let us decide for ourselves. No one's going to bash you for relating your experience.

I would like to know.
Post 41 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Quote:
Quote:

I would like to know.

Post 42 IP   flag post
I'm guessing by his silence that it there was nothing to share
Post 43 IP   flag post
As we all know the problem with CFP is turnaround times and communication. The pressing? Joey does a great job but I just don't have the patience to wait that long and not knowing where my books are. Josh Avery I can call whenever I want and he'll let me know were my books are, he sends me pictures of the before and after. That is quality service you cannot afford not to get!
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector RyanHicks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
As we all know the problem with CFP is turnaround times and communication. The pressing? Joey does a great job but I just don't have the patience to wait that long and not knowing where my books are. Josh Avery I can call whenever I want and he'll let me know were my books are, he sends me pictures of the before and after. That is quality service you cannot afford not to get!

Pretty much this ^^ I have been using Joey for years and he has done some amazing things to my books so i continue to use him for my orders that are not time sensitive. When any of mine or my clients books need quick turnaround, I have been using Josh Avery; he gets em done quick and at a great price. Both are excellent pressers.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Quote:
I'm guessing by his silence that it there was nothing to share

It appears I've entered the "damned if I do, damned if I don't" zone. So I guess I'm forced to share. As others have mentioned, there are communication and turn around time issues. I had a number of emails and phone calls that were simply not answered.

My specific situation stems from these problems. I sent three books through CBCS to CFP, which took a couple of months. In the meantime, I dropped off 7 in person at a con and specified they be pressed by CFP. Then, the previous 3 went through grading and returned to me with lower grades than I expected. Upon examination, they did not appear to have been pressed at all. A number of minor issues were noted that pressing should have corrected.

So, based on those, I contacted CBCS and said I no longer wanted to have the 7 remaining books pressed by CFP. Instead, I wanted to use Avery. That was approved, so I began the process of trying to get my books back from CFP. This began a cycle of phone and email tag. I was repeatedly stalled ("I'm looking for them," "I think I know where they are," etc). I finally had to contact CBCS again and ask them to intervene with CFP. So five months later, the unpressed books just showed up in the mail.

I subsequently sent them to Avery and they were pressed and submitted. By then, so much time had elapsed that CBCS raised questions about how long it had taken to submit the books. I had to provide the email trail to prove my case to get approved for a yellow label. (Apparently there IS a window in which you must submit books for ASP - still not sure what it officially is).

Needless to say, I was very frustrated and disappointed. I understand people get busy, but not replying to emails or calls and stalling is not acceptable. If you are overwhelmed, hire more people. Even a part time communications/runner person would have helped.
Post 46 IP   flag post
@keg730 thanks for sharing. Out of curiosity, did you verify that the 3 books really went to CFP for pressing? Maybe there was a mix up at cbcs and they never got pressed?
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
@keg730 thanks for sharing. Out of curiosity, did you verify that the 3 books really went to CFP for pressing? Maybe there was a mix up at cbcs and they never got pressed?

Well, I paid Joe directly. And there was a delay that would indicate they went to CFP. Not all books on the order went, and the others waited in the CBCS safe.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:

See, when you get pictures of the before and after pressing of your books there canĀ“t exist any doubt that the pressing was made! Josh Avery is the only one up until this day that has offered that quality service!
Post 49 IP   flag post
@SpiderTim That statement is false. I have had scans of before and after with specific books sent to me. If it's a quick press, most defects shouldnt show up in a scan.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Well, I paid Joe directly. And there was a delay that would indicate they went to CFP. Not all books on the order went, and the others waited in the CBCS safe.
My question is, who did you ship the books directly to?
Post 51 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My question is, who did you ship the books directly to?

I will address all of the issues brought up by Ken later on this weekend, as I don't have the bandwidth right now. But to answer your question any books submitted to CBCS at a show went back to the CBCS facility and then waited for me to pick them up or they were shipped to me after they were processed.

Needless to say this was a nightmare early on. It had gotten better over time, but it was, and still is the biggest disruption to me to date, but that is a whole different story.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Brian private msg quote post Address this user
CPC Though I havent used them for pressing, it is the run by Pete Carbonaro CEO of Heroes Haven Comics in Tampa.
Post 53 IP   flag post
600782 53 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?