Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Silver AgeGrading Help Needed

Will the real 6.0 please stand up. CBCS vs cgc13884

I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 That's what i thought!!! lol . I was deceived as many were also.
Post 51 IP   flag post
The upside for me is that they're modern books and more then likely wouldn't grade much different than here. The cbcs holder is still way nicer so maybe after they come back ill switch them out. hahaha
Post 52 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I saw an individual on FB indicate he's going to submit to CGC because he will likely get a higher grade.
I get it; but I don't get it.

I sent about 150 books to CGC last year strictly for resale purposes, for faster salability. For strictly making money, CGC has the notoriety and thus far has been an easier sell.
CGC is also, in my experience/opinion, more likely than CBCS to over/undergrade, which can turn into a resubmission gamble to get an overgraded slab. I’ve got one last small batch at CGC then it’s all CBCS all the way, for a multitude of reasons.

I do miss buying CBCS graded slabs for under FMV, lol. Most of my PC is CBCS as a result, and I personally prefer them over any other grading company.
Post 53 IP   flag post
@Joosh Ditto, i would like to think you are paying for the name with them not the grade. I sent those moderns to them with hopes of them all coming back 9.8's. I'd rather someone give me an honest grade than false one just for resale.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
When I buy slabs and my choices are CBCS and CGC, I pay for the best looking comic for the price. As I always say, I'll happily buy a 7.0 if it looks better than an 8.0
At that point the name on the label doesn't matter. It's all about the book for me- my collection is where my loyalties lie.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Siggy makes a great point here; you're not paying for the label, you're paying for the book inside.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
Siggy makes a great point here; you're not paying for the label, you're paying for the book inside.

Ideally, yes- I'd hope most feel this way, but there are people (I don't mean here) who focus primarily on the label; 9.8 or nothing- crooked cover or not, White Pages or nothing, so on.

But people collect what they want to collect. It's not like crooked-cover 9.8's are garbage. Necessarily
Post 57 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Most of us buy the book and not the label. But that label helps determine what that book will cost you, and will definitely help determine what the book is worth if and when you sell it.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
For the most part, I buy the CBCS label as I feel more confident that the grade is accurate. I only buy cgc if it is way underpriced or I just can't get it in CBCS. And even then, I am more apt to buy raw, read, enjoy (assuming I am not upgrading a previously read and slabbed comic), and submit to CBCS.
Post 59 IP   flag post
597867 59 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?