Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Grading Help Needed

Grade help - WWBN13836

Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,
Do you think with a press and clean this can make it to a 9.8?
As always, thank you for your help.
Yoosh

Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
In my opinion it's hard to tell subtle details through plastic. However, all books that had old labels I have resubmitted have come back higher. One thing I did do was pay for grader notes if available. No guarantees though.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Yoosh5492 Even to my inexperienced eye, I'm sorry to say in my opinion no. The damage to the top left corner alone prevents a 9.8. The top right bend should be pressable as long as there is no colour break and the mark on the spine is this ink/dirt etc a clean may remove this depending on what it is.

To be frank I think a 9.6 is very good for this book unless grading for The Bronze Age is a little more lenient, although this is just my humble opinion and I am sure more experienced members will comment further.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with @no1lufcfan, two of the defects that you highlighted would look better, the spine scuff and bent upper right front cover, but would probably still be visible to some extent. And no press can fix a bindery tear or corner chip.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
Agreed
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with the above.

I certainly don't mean to insult, but I've seen nicer looking 9.4s. I would leave it as is, and be happy with it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with the others. A 9.6 is pretty good for how it looks.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks everyone.
Post 8 IP   flag post
600796 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?