Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern Age

My First Submissions...1381

Collector tonnage71 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a long time collector that finally got around to making my first grading submission. I decided to do this with a few modern books that I'd feel comfortable parting with regardless of the result. I also did it as a benchmark of sorts to see how my idea of a VF/NM or NM/MT book compares to how a professional grader sees things. After receiving the details from CBCS this morning, one book graded out far below what I expected, one several grades higher than I thought and the third was about where I thought it should be. Here are the three books I submitted:

Amazing Spider-Man #298 (7.5)
New Mutants #98 (9.0)
Amazing Spider-Man #361 (9.0)

The books shipped today so I should receive them later in the week. I haven't spent much time looking into what these books could sell for on eBay, but if any of the forum members are interested in purchasing them from me drop a PM and let's chat. I'd prefer to sell these outside of eBay if possible to save on the fees, etc. but would be happy to share my user name and feedback details with any interested buyers (I've been trading on eBay since 1999 and have a 100% positive feedback profile).

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnage71
I'm a long time collector that finally got around to making my first grading submission. I decided to do this with a few modern books that I'd feel comfortable parting with regardless of the result. I also did it as a benchmark of sorts to see how my idea of a VF/NM or NM/MT book compares to how a professional grader sees things. After receiving the details from CBCS this morning, one book graded out far below what I expected, one several grades higher than I thought and the third was about where I thought it should be.

Back to square one LOL.
Don'tcha hate that?

Did your books receive a press before grading? I'm wondering if those grades left room for "improvement".
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome to the club! I submitted my first books 3 months ago, and I have learned more about comic grading in these months than I ever had known from my previous years of collecting.
Post 3 IP   flag post
598103 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?