Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Michael private msg quote post Address this user
I got this page in an auction. It's from a Batman comic. Anyone have any idea what Batman comic this is from?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Detective Comics 705 I believe.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Wanna sell it?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user

I salvaged this original comic art signed by Kane after Hurricane Sandy hit my home in 2012. The rest of the "Batman & Me" book didn't make it. Drawing was untouched by the waters thank God!
Post 4 IP   flag post

Have this signed and numbered litho by Bob Kane as well! I know Kane wasn't a liked man in the industry, but he is still a big part of Batman's history. Nuff said.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

I got these in a collection I bought in the early 80's. Don't know if I screwed up by having Burt ward signing the robin. Would have been kickass if I had Adam west sign the Batman
Post 6 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

I got these in a collection I bought in the early 80's. Don't know if I screwed up by having Burt ward signing the robin. Would have been kickass if I had Adam west sign the Batman

collection you "bought"??? lots of red splatter on these....was that part of the "negotiations"??
did the seller all of a sudden "leave town" to never be seen again??
Post 7 IP   flag post
@KatKomics, you crack me up!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
My homicide investigative experience juices are starting to flow!! From the blood splatter, I can determine that the assailant was a male Caucasian, of medium height and limited education!! lol love it!
Post 9 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics sadly that happened while in my care. The collection came with just a bunch of items, con programs, posters, magazines, treasuries, etc. at the time these were no big deal, so they were mixed in with all the posters and stuff in a shed. Honestly didn't even remember I had them until I was going through the boxes and discovered them. I have no idea what the red spatter is, some kind of moisture bleed through. I also found this too in the box of crap left in the shed

Post 10 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 wow!!!

can I come over and look through the 'crap' in your shed!! sure wish the boxes I have laying around had gems like you have!!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@KatKomics sadly that happened while in my care. The collection came with just a bunch of items, con programs, posters, magazines, treasuries, etc. at the time these were no big deal, so they were mixed in with all the posters and stuff in a shed. Honestly didn't even remember I had them until I was going through the boxes and discovered them. I have no idea what the red spatter is, some kind of moisture bleed through. I also found this too in the box of crap left in the shed

Jeez!!! You must get that Vsp'd! I'd love to see that book in a yellow label! Awesome!!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheSquid
Wanna sell it?
No. Thanks for the offer.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@Batman66, You make my blood boil!

I can't believe how much I hate you right now!

(errr... lol.. i guess) Jealous? I suppose
Post 14 IP   flag post
Joe Shuster.."Superman"?

Cool book and signature though!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector KYDU private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Wow just wow. I was impressed by the Amazing Fantasy 15 they just auctioned off at Heritage signed by Steve Ditko and Stan Lee thinking that is as good as it gets but looks like I was wrong.

Hopefully you have a son named John and he opens up a coffee shop call Fibber McGees!

Feel free to post more books.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Redmisty4me private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Treasury Edition without the original cover, right?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user
Didnt expect this to pass verification but so happy it did!

Post 18 IP   flag post
The book is a famous first edition, the cover is still intact. I never opened the book until '17 and to my surprise finding the signature. Cbcs wouldn't be able to slab it, but I did have psa/dna verify the signature. It's very cool to me but nowhere near an af15 signed by ditko.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
The book is a famous first edition, the cover is still intact. I never opened the book until '17 and to my surprise finding the signature. Cbcs wouldn't be able to slab it, but I did have psa/dna verify the signature. It's very cool to me but nowhere near an af15 signed by ditko.

Well, if you really don’t want it...?

Why can’t I have dumb luck like that?

Pretty awesome!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Redmisty4me private msg quote post Address this user
I picked up a Frazetta catalogue & discovered he'd sketched a picture inside!

But on the "oops" front, I sold a Stan Lee-signed book not realizing he'd autographed it; the buyer was REALLY happy, and I asked him why & he told me!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector KYDU private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Yes of course it is, I was surprised I’d never heard of it. I rushed through some posts. Obviously I thought it was the first print. Still very cool I’m sure we’d all love to have it.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmisty4me
I picked up a Frazetta catalogue & discovered he'd sketched a picture inside!

But on the "oops" front, I sold a Stan Lee-signed book not realizing he'd autographed it; the buyer was REALLY happy, and I asked him why & he told me!

I'm happy and sad at the same time, color me confused.

After hearing similar stories of finding hidden gems, I brought out a bunch of comics that i was planning on selling (all dupes) and went through them (about 30 or so) only to discover defects (arrgh!)and a coupon that was not torn out but was filled out by a kid in the late 60's (when the book came out), actually that part was pretty cool. but for the most part - Skunked again!
Post 23 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I bought a New Gods 1 that had an unknown/undisclosed Jack Kirby signature inside at the bottom of page 1. Scores!!!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I bought a New Gods 1 that had an unknown/undisclosed Jack Kirby signature inside at the bottom of page 1. Scores!!!

Urge to kill rising!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Urge to kill rising!

lol!! sorry buddy! 🍻
Post 26 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user

I’ve had this for over 20 years. I would like to get it verified and slabbed. Maybe Beckett?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Urge to kill rising!

lol!! sorry buddy! 🍻

it's cool @GAC, it's been about 8 hours and I finally can "see straight" enough to type again.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
I bought this copy of “Batman and Me” from the Warner Brothers Store (man I miss those) catalog of Batman merch back in ‘89.

Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheSquid
Wanna sell it?

It's not Detective 705. Although The Joker is wearing the exact same clothing as in 705. Maybe it's a comic around 705?
Post 30 IP   flag post
601490 33 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?