Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
@Siggy yeah it's not as user frand there is way less interaction there. The atmosphere is better over all in here.

For the most part one just has to "know the crowd" there, which usually requires a fair amount of lurking. I doubt even RuPaul would go to church dressed to the nines shouting, "I'm here everyone! Now we can start the worshiping!"

Well, he might if there were cameras.

EDIT: Not suggesting you went all "RuPaul" when you were there LOL
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Nice book!

My guess was 4, but I'm certainly not a professional...or even a competent amateur.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
For the most part one just has to "know the crowd" there, which usually requires a fair amount of lurking. I doubt even RuPaul would go to church dressed to the nines shouting, "I'm here everyone! Now we can start the worshiping!"

I lurk there from time to time when Iā€™m bored. I have to admit that the CGC forum atmosphere kind of intimidates me. And Iā€™m not one to be easily intimidated, much less admit it. The crowd culture there has an uncanny ability to jump to the wrong conclusion quickly and seems very reluctant to back away from their initial mis-understandings.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia I agree, here is a little more open minded and friendly. I don't want to bad mouth them which is what i feel like I'm doing but 2 weeks just to get an order to be marked as received in the system is a kind of a lot. There has to be a better way for them to separate orders and get them checked. I don't know how long orders are checked in here but i cant imagine its the same amount of time.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector moodswing private msg quote post Address this user
My guess would be 4.5-5. If you get it graded, definitely update us.
Post 30 IP   flag post

@moodswing most definitely will!!! And if I do, its gonna be here.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
@EbayMafia I agree, here is a little more open minded and friendly. I don't want to bad mouth them which is what i feel like I'm doing but 2 weeks just to get an order to be marked as received in the system is a kind of a lot. There has to be a better way for them to separate orders and get them checked. I don't know how long orders are checked in here but i cant imagine its the same amount of time.

Welcome to the forum LOL
I may be wrong, but I've read people here waiting longer for that to show.
It's just the way it is.
Post 32 IP   flag post
@Siggy I got ya, should shoe up there Tuesday. I have some great books over at cgc som I'm excited to see how they turn out!!!
Spawn 77
Daredevil 181
Ultimate fantastic four 22
šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy

I lurk there from time to time when Iā€™m bored. I have to admit that the CGC forum atmosphere kind of intimidates me. And Iā€™m not one to be easily intimidated, much less admit it. The crowd culture there has an uncanny ability to jump to the wrong conclusion quickly and seems very reluctant to back away from their initial mis-understandings.

I avoid The Water Cooler altogether, and Comics General can be a mix of good and bad.
The era specific forums are much better, though I think the Copper Age forum can get some drama.
Many people have been there a very long time, and like most social groups they tend to get ruffled when someone new shows up expecting the entire atmosphere to adapt to their way of posting, instead of the new guy studying the way the place IS first.
There's a lot of give and take needed to make clashes like this work over time, and in my view the 'new' needs to understand that the 'established' takes a while to adapt (or accept, at least).
Post 34 IP   flag post
For anyone wondering if the pin up is still in it; IT IS!!!šŸ˜
Post 35 IP   flag post
600853 35 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?