Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Pop Culture

Sharing notice of major SF literary award.13776

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Apologies in advance. This is a bit afield of my usual posts, but I wanted to share the news with anyone interested who knew Rox or perhaps read her work without knowing her.

Earlier today I was notified that my late wife Roxanne ...who wrote under the name Rachel Caine... will be a recipient of the prestigious Kate Wilhelm Solstice Award for lifetime achievement in the field of science fiction and fantasy at the upcoming Nebula Award presentations in June. Her former assistant and I will be accepting on her behalf.

If Rox were here I know she’d be overwhelmed by the SFWA bestowing this honor in recognition of her contributions to the genre. She’d also be humbled by the high praise her work has received from the writing community and fans since announced this morning.

Thanks again for indulging this.
Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations! You are obviously very proud and rightfully so. Thank you for sharing this positive story.
Post 2 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
That's great, @CatmanAmerica. 👍
Post 3 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool. Thank you for sharing. God’s gifts keep giving 🍻
Post 4 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica thank you for sharing this news!!! I'm pretty confident that you will deliver a great acceptance speech!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica, congrats!! It’s well-deserved. I hope you are letting Rox’s friends know. Pat Elrod would be happy to hear this news.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica Thank you for sharing this with us. Honestly, it's a really nice thing to hear about and even feel connected to through our interactions with you.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica - I've only read just a few novels since the late '70s/early '80s, but I do recall the name Rachel Caine on a couple of novels I read later on. The Morganville Vampires comes to mind (I read one book) and I am assuming that was an RC series. And there was another novel I read around 1999,... can't recall the title.

If your acceptance speech is being recorded, I would sure like to view it.

Like I stated, I haven't read much novels since '70/80s, mainly due to being involved in comic books.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
That’s fantastic & quite an honor. Congratulations, @CatmanAmerica. 👍🏼
Post 9 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica - That is excellent news! It’s nice to hear something like this to know good things still happen. Be very proud, and I am sure she knows and will be with you in spirit at the ceremony (and always).
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica Great News. You should feel pretty proud.
Post 11 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations! It's always a wonderful thing to be recognized / honored amongst peers.
Post 12 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Great news and congrats my brother! Rox will be missed by so many, but her work lives on.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Trilogycomics private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica
I am an avid reader and loved everything your wife had written that I was aware of. Since your post about her passing I have been rounding up her books I had missed and hope to read her entire works from start to finish
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica

Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica
Congratulations! This is by far the best news I’ve heard today. Cheers!
😁👍🏻🍻
Post 16 IP   flag post
601453 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?