Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Your Undervalued Comic13775

Collector Jeremysitb private msg quote post Address this user
Hey everyone,

What is your most undervalued comic in your collection ?

For me, its my Return of the Jedi #2, which includes :

1) Death of Yoda
2) Death of Jabba
3) 1st full appearance of Emperor Palpatine - Darth Sidious

I mean, I can’t believe that a 9.8 copy of this comic only goes around 120$...

Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

hands down daredevil 1, compared to other marvel blue chip keys. It is massively undervalued
Post 3 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jeremysitb welcome to the forum
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector SidTheSquid private msg quote post Address this user
Batman #16.... First Alfred. I think is WAY undervalued. I'd probably call him the #2 Batman ally and I think this book can be bought for cheaper than even the first Batwoman appearance, which is 13 years newer?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

hands down daredevil 1, compared to other marvel blue chip keys. It is massively undervalued

Shhhhhh I’m trying to buy one this year lol. 🍻
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Some Bronze age books that I feel are still a bit undervalued:
Micronauts #1
Shogun Warriors #1
Devil Dinosaur #1
What If #1
Post 7 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66

I believe you are correct. However, I have a 5.5 cgc version of DD 1. surprisingly it has increased value in the past few months. I think it is slowly coming around. The rumors of DD coming to MCU, I hope drive it higher.....
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user

Just scored these today and feel very under valued. First appearance of Man-Thing in comic book form and first Man-Thing cover! And of course Man-Thing #1. Now stay away from my man-thing!
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jeremysitb One would think with the blowing up of Star Wars characters, many of which I have never even heard of, that the 1st appearance of the Emperor in comics would be more than $120 in 9.8.

I mean Darth John Doe, Cad Kriss, Cab Boon (or whatever), all hitting hundreds and hundreds (and sometimes thousands), yet some unknown kinda nice guy named Palpatine is a paltry 120? He's only been in half the movies afterall.

Yea - I'm inclined to agree.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
West Coast Avengers 7, 1st App. Jeff the Baby Land Shark. I luv Jeff! Anyone know if the upcoming Deadpool 10 is his first cover app?

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user
Tales of the Teen Titans 44, granted there are a TON of graded copies floating around and even more that would be 9.6/9.8 if sent in but it still surprises me that you can get a nice copy of this for not too much
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe. This is Garth Ennis’s first work on the Punisher. Ennis is the most responsible for the Punisher’s resurgence in popularity this century.
The Punisher was tired and over used character with too many books in the eighties and nineties. Near the end the art wasn’t so great and the stories lacked punch.
For those that don’t know he was put to death in the electric chair. Then marvel brought him back as an agent of heaven. He had these crazy glowing guns that shot spirit energy or something like that.
Garth’s one shot, like a what if, changed the course of the character.
Ennis deserves a lot of credit and his first work on the Punisher is very undervalued.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@Briten Good one! I have to go check my copy because I feel like I got John Buscema to sign my copy. But I can't remember! or maybe that was Punisher/Archie? Frig - my mind is going

Edit: Yea.. not Buscema on Kills Marvel Universe. He did half the art on Punisher/Archie
Post 14 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I second this nomination.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremysitb
Hey everyone,

What is your most undervalued comic in your collection ?

For me, its my Return of the Jedi #2, which includes :

1) Death of Yoda
2) Death of Jabba
3) 1st full appearance of Emperor Palpatine - Darth Sidious

I mean, I can’t believe that a 9.8 copy of this comic only goes around 120$...

Thanks for the info. I have the Return of the Jedi 1 and 2, thought they were worthless. Only kept them because they are perfect.
See, you live long enough everything has value!

These two. King Kong and Godzilla using an alias. Something about the artwork I really like, but worth little.

Post 16 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
This book came out before both Iron Man #1 and Sub-Mariner #1, and the stories in it are CONTINUED in those two books. But Iron Man #1 goes for around 2.5X more and Sub-Mariner #1 goes for about 1.5X more in the same condition.

Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I was going to post about Warrior Nun Areala 1. However, that horse left the barn. Holy smokes did that get a jump in price.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Low print, not too many in the census.

Post 19 IP   flag post
@TellEmSteveDave the sooner the better, like @Bronte said, they are in the upswing. A 5.5 just sold for 4585, a 8.5 just sold for 12k. Still less than half of any blue chip key.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
This book came out before both Iron Man #1 and Sub-Mariner #1, and the stories in it are CONTINUED in those two books. But Iron Man #1 goes for around 2.5X more and Sub-Mariner #1 goes for about 1.5X more in the same condition.

agreed, way undervalued
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
By logic any comic you choose tp purchase would be undervalued in your own view, or you would have kept your money instead or would liquidate your position. Each collects for his own reason and most place their own value on each book based on experiences, memories, likes, and so forth. One might value an x men 1 simply because its a grail, while another might remember this as the same copy they owned as a child while still another wants or owns the book for the Kirby art.......
By that token I have to offer all my comics are undervalued because if they were not I likely wouldnt then own them.
Post 22 IP   flag post

Even as expensive as these books are, I think all 3 have lots and lots of room to grow
Post 23 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I've been hoarding these on a hunch. I've had one forever but I've bought 3 more in the last 6 months. Only 6,500 were printed and that was 40 years ago. Each one was signed post-printing on the inside by Bob Burden. Currently the signatures cannot be verified for slabbing because they were not witnessed and CBCS does not have a magazine size case. CGC slabs say "Bob Burden written in marker on first page". But when CBCS does introduce one, these signatures will be verifiable:

Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector CEPubDude private msg quote post Address this user
Roachmill and anything early Darkhorse like DHP, Black Cross or Concrete. Indy suffrage I guess...
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Redmisty4me private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

All Star Comics are grossly undervalued, esp. in grade.

Brilliant & tragically short-lived Marvel offshoot.

I know you were kidding, but you were also right.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Gwen Stacy Clone

Post 27 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

I second this nomination.

If this character is ever introduced in the MCU, it will join the ranks of other blue chip Marvels.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I think this one is undervalued as well:

Post 29 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
@Jeremysitb Very interesting topic and responses.

Marty
Post 30 IP   flag post
601204 73 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?