Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSP

VSP Mailday goodness13769

I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
All issues are VSP. All obtained personally by me with exception of Groening which was a SDCC pickup already signed at the Bongo Booth.

The Tomb of Dracula is signed by Colan (Roy Thomas, Neal Adams & Conway are the common signatures we see, so quite happy with this by Gene Colan when I met him years ago.)
Spotlight 12 is signed by a bud who sadly is no longer with us ... Mr Herb Trimpe. Loved the guy.
The Spiderman 300 was $1.50 from the rack when I bought it.
The Spawns were $1 Yard Sale purchases (yep - one is a newsstand). McFarlane sigs were all free from NYCC (I got the early signing ticket at the Image booth a couple of years)
The Weird War Tales 10 is actually the 1st illustrated story by the great Walt Simonson!

VSP is expensive; but highly fulfilling. And gosh I love these VSP yellow labels with the new cases.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 congrats great selection 👍
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 Dude!! Awesome!!!!! Congrats man!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
@no1lufcfan @GAC Thanks guys!
Post 4 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
That is some awesome Stuff! Congrats!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Nice collection of yellow labels! Sometimes I think we don't fully appreciate just how valuable that signature verification program is to the industry.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Nice collection of yellow labels! Sometimes I think we don't fully appreciate just how valuable that signature verification program is to the industry.

100% agree.
I used to do all my autographs long long time ago when they were all free (including Stan Lee). I know times have changed and that's just the breaks, but I have so many autos that I obtained back in the day that CBCS VSP is priceless to me. No Green stuff going on
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 Love the ASM 300!
Post 8 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 - Great stuff - what an awesome mail call!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM
@Nuffsaid111 Love the ASM 300!

Definitely the priciest of the bunch! lol

If I take pure monetary value out of the equation for a moment; my heart is with the signed Colan TOD #1. Most of the legends who shaped the industry long long ago are no longer with us.
So to retain a memory of a quick meeting with a man who is a legend on a book he is most associated with, is a blessing. I think he passed not long after witnessing signatures was a thing. Not sure about that.

But in this world where graded comics have become commodities of value based on their graded number; to me a signed Colan TOD #1 is something a bit more than a commodity.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
GREAT LOOKING BOOKS!!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 very nice, congrats
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
That ASM 300 in 9.8 is impressive.

Love the Groening signed Futurama book.
Post 13 IP   flag post
598059 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?