Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver AgeQuestions

Question: AF 1513753

Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim Good for you I myself have thought about selling off all my books for one Mega-Key. Hardest thing is which one as there are so many I want.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim nice one mate. Easier to pick up what you traded back. And if you don't manage to get back all you traded it doesn't matter. You picked up a book you always wanted but thought you'd never get šŸ‘
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross Thanks! My thinking exactly.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Post 29 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Wow.

I have comparable books. Too bad there isn't another af15 around for that kind of deal
Post 30 IP   flag post

My half of the trade is scheduled for delivery today. Iā€™m anxiously awaiting the final delivery confirmation.

I packed those books as carefully as I could (double boxed, two parcels for extra padding). But the ā€œwhat ifsā€, like, ā€œwhat if theyā€™re damaged in transitā€? still plague my mind.

Fingers crossed.
Post 31 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck. I'm hoping to see your book in its full glory soon.
Post 32 IP   flag post
No updates & delivery says ā€œby 9 PMā€ & they close in like 25 minutes. I guess theyā€™ll be there tomorrow. šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø
Post 33 IP   flag post
On the bright side, Saturday USPS delivers if they are open. Hopefully you don't need to suffer through weekend not knowing....
Post 34 IP   flag post
Books delivered & the guy is happy with them. He sent his employee to the post office to mail my AF 15. Iā€™ll receive a tracking # later today. One step closer. šŸ‘šŸ¼
Post 35 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim This is so awesome that even I'm feeling excited about this lol!!! Looking forward to seeing the book. Congrats!
Post 36 IP   flag post
Iā€™m not an ant. Iā€™m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Itā€™s like Christmas for me and itā€™s not even my book. Lol
Post 37 IP   flag post
Thanks guys. I was kinda on edge last night & couldnā€™t sleep. Mostly nervous about my books getting there safe.

This wonā€™t feel real until I have the AF 15 in-hand.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Tracking received & delivery is estimated for Wednesday. šŸ˜Ž
Post 39 IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Books delivered & the guy is happy with them. He sent his employee to the post office to mail my AF 15. Iā€™ll receive a tracking # later today. One step closer. šŸ‘šŸ¼

I'm curious, at the time of making the deal, how did you feel having to send your books first and once he received them then he'd send your AF15. Did you consider that a red flag at all? Is this a common request when dealing with books of this magnitude?
Post 40 IP   flag post
It would have been a concern if it was some random guy, but I was able to verify I was talking to the owner of a long established shop. And a member here vouched for him.

We both wanted to do the trade in person, circumstances just didnā€™t allow it.

If it were an outright purchase, Iā€™d have to give the guy money before he would give me the book. So, yes, it makes sense for me to make the payment first. In this case, payment in the form of other books.

But to answer your question and to be completely honest, yes, I was still a little nervous.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
y entire collection to get this one day. Itā€™s my grail of grails. And a 4.0 was the highest i ever expected to score. So, while I gave up big books, itā€™s a lit

I thought the same thing. @00slim Congrats on the acquisition of the book.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
It would have been a concern if it was some random guy, but I was able to verify I was talking to the owner of a long established shop. And a member heard vouched for him.

We both wanted to do the trade in person, circumstances just didnā€™t allow it.

If it were an outright purchase, Iā€™d have to give the guy money before he would give me the book. So, yes, it makes sense for me to make the payment first. In this case, payment in the form of other books.

But to answer your question and to be completely honest, yes, I was still a little nervous.

Very good points and very true!

Congrats!!!
Post 43 IP   flag post
Is it Wed yet?
Dying to see your grail....
Post 44 IP   flag post
My CGC order arrived, but no AF 15, yet.

It says itā€™s expected by 9 PM (Pacific). But I wouldnā€™t be surprised if it doesnā€™t show up until tomorrow.

Anticipation is killinā€™ me.
Post 45 IP   flag post
I can only imagine... at least it won't be a long weekend to wait through...
Post 46 IP   flag post
Looks like itā€™ll be here tomorrow, guys.

The last tracking update said simply ā€œarriving lateā€.

The original estimate was ā€œby 9:00 PMā€ today. And thereā€™s only 22 minutes until that initial deadline.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Still no updated ETA.

I kinda doubt itā€™s showing up today. Typically there are roughly two more tracking updates between San Francisco & delivery here & that was the last confirmed stop late Tuesday afternoon.
Post 48 IP   flag post
The book finally left the S.F. facility. Iā€™m guessing Saturday is a possibility for delivery but thereā€™s no official ETA, yet.
Post 49 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim - you must be on pins and needles.

I would be.
Post 50 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder Iā€™m anxious, for sure.
Post 51 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Stu private msg quote post Address this user
Itā€™s worth the wait - trust me.
Post 52 IP   flag post
No question about that, really. Itā€™s more about just finally having it in hand.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Last update (1:17 AM) puts it an hour drive from me.

It is theoretically possible, it could arrive today. But Saturday is more likely.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Well guys, itā€™s here! Based on the grade date of 2011, I assumed Iā€™d need to re-holder it, but the slab looks like a later generation than Iā€™d figured. Which is a bonus.

Itā€™s surreal to have this. I hope you guys donā€™t mind me double dipping & putting this in the ā€œNew To Your Collectionā€ thread.

Post 55 IP   flag post
616242 91 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?