Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Signature ASPSigning Opportunities

CBCS-In-mail signature13734

Collector Jeremysitb private msg quote post Address this user
Hey everyone,

I have sent my Daredevil #25 to get it signed by Marco Checchetto and UPS confirmed that it will arrived by January 22, at the latest.

On the event description, it is mentioned that the comic must be « in hand » by January 29, not « postmarked ».

My question is: How long does it takes to CBCS to confirm that the comic is « in hand » ?

I am worried because, when sending my comics to the Dallas address, CBCS takes around 1-2 weeks to confirm that my package arrived.

Is it the same when sending package to the Wyoming address for signature ? If yes, do you think that my comic will be taken for signature as long as it arrived before January 29 ? Or does CBCS must confirm receipt before January 29 or the comic will not be taken into account ?

Thank you for your help with this !
Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Jeremysitb Hello and welcome!!

I don't know this answer in certainty but it stands to reason that if the event description states the book must be "in hand" by Jan 29 then the clients only reasonable expectation can be to have it arrive at the address by then. You have no control of what happens to the book once it gets there. I would say that you are fine and this should not be an issue.
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Withdrawn
Post 3 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite - It sounds like he did send his book directly to Wyoming, Jon. It takes a while to get used to the waiting after shipping books, without getting much, if anything, in the way of acknowledgements. @Jeremysitb - Believe it or not, you get to the point where you almost forget you sent books in for grading, or pressing, or sigs. It’s weeks or months later when you get notifications, like “your order had gone into grading,” that you start to get anxious to see them again. And I am always nervous when I ship books to someone as part of a trade or sale. Especially lately, as even Priority Mail has taken weeks instead of days (as recently as last week, it’s still bad - 11 days for a 3-day to get to a forum friend).

PS - Good luck and welcome to the forums, Jeremy.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Yup you’re right. I saw that he was asking about the delay in getting books confirmed at the Dallas location that I missed what he said in the last paragraph
Post 5 IP   flag post
600775 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?