Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern Age

They Call Me Mellow Yellow13718

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Marvel picture frames from the early 70s has some great ones in them.

Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
Just picked this one up from the last MCS auction

Post 27 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 28 IP   flag post

Post 29 IP   flag post

Post 30 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 31 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 32 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user

Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user

Post 35 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
No yellow cover collection is complete without this mega-key:

Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 38 IP   flag post
For those of you who wonder why I love bound file copies so much, check out this 64 year old mega-key with 100% cover gloss:

Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 40 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo Ed, I want you to know that every time I see the title of this thread, I sing that line in my head. It's a good tune, so I really don't mind it, but I had to let you know.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Some other yellow cover keys and minor keys:

1st Spooky:

2nd Bugs Bunny and co:

2nd Rocky and Bullwinkle:

Post 42 IP   flag post
Collector vacaboca private msg quote post Address this user
Ah, a chance to pull out one of my favorite modern covers! This is a book I've bought a few times even though I didn't "need" it There's a recently-purchased copy on my desk right now, in fact, so I'll take a picture of it...

Post 43 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 44 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@esaravo Ed, I want you to know that every time I see the title of this thread, I sing that line in my head. It's a good tune, so I really don't mind it, but I had to let you know.

I was wondering how many people would see the title and think that it was odd, or maybe think of the soda. Maybe I should have tried to use "Sunshine Superman" in the title? It will be our little secret.

PS - When I was in college, one of the frat houses had a coin-operated soda machine (remember those) that if you pushed the "Mellow Yellow" button, you got a can of beer.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
The yellow is missing from the top.

Post 46 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 47 IP   flag post

Post 48 IP   flag post
One of my favorites, but I think it looks better without the color.

Post 49 IP   flag post
Not sure how much yellow is needed to 'qualify'- If it's most of the cover, or if the yellow just pops off the cover. Probably doesn't matter. I'm just going to sweep through all my scans alphabetically. I have a buddy who loves yellow covers, so I've done this before. That's how I discovered the various misprints on the Avengers 178.
Post 50 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

OMG Pulp Fiction cover homage! I have to get this.
Post 51 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

They said "Yellow", not "Yellowed".
Post 52 IP   flag post
I probably could have added a few more, but lines have to be drawn somewhere LOL.

Post 53 IP   flag post
Tom Mix cut in line. Nobody stopped him.

Post 54 IP   flag post

Post 55 IP   flag post
601329 109 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?