Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Worst movie you have watched!!!13717

I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
1995 Waterworld as most people hated it (yet I liked it a lot)

I actually enjoyed that one quite a bit as well.

I enjoyed Waterworld as well,.. although I don't care much for Kevin Costner.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Two movies that I couldn't stand but I stupidly rode out to the end. They were loved by critics and I thought there must be some big reward at the end if I just kept watching...Birdman and Black Klansman.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Damnation Alley - who would have thought the world would end and become post apocalyptic within 2 years and there would be giant scorpions and flesh eating cockroaches in that amount of time. At the end (spoiler alert) the heroes find a city that is surprisingly intact along with it's inhabitants all looking normal. What the...? Anyway this move sucks don't watch it but do watch it (otherwise you won't believe that the move sucks as much as it does). Whatever...

Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Most of the movies i genuinely hated made a lot of money.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
Battlefield Earth.
Only reason I didn't walk out is I thought the friend I watched it with was digging it. Only reason he didn't walk out was because he thought the same from me.
Runners up include:
The Village
Crash (David Cronenberg 1996)
Thin Red Line
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Redmisty4me private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Also agree; loved it, and it gets better with each viewing.

Hopper was perfect, and MUCH better than in Blue Velvet.
Post 31 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
The one and only movie I walked out on but I think it still made money.

Sweeney Todd

I actually liked Waterworld also 😁
Post 32 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckster
Thin Red Line

This is the one movie I actually walked out of the theatre on. I was there with a girl. An hour in she said "can we please leave". I was thinking the same thing when she said it.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
The title of the post should be worst movie, that was also unsuccessful. The worst movie I've ever seen was a Christopher Reeve vehicle called "Monsignor". Truly a horrible flick with no redeeming qualities, except that it barely made a little more at the box office than it cost to make. There was a lot of free publicity when it was banned from being shown in Ireland, which probably pushed it up a bit.
Post 34 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
For the record, I'm a fan of low budget exploitation movies so none of this phases me.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Redmisty4me private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckster
Battlefield Earth.
Only reason I didn't walk out is I thought the friend I watched it with was digging it. Only reason he didn't walk out was because he thought the same from me.
Runners up include:
The Village
Crash (David Cronenberg 1996)
Thin Red Line

Crash!

Absolutely horrible.

For me, the budget aspect of the the OP has to be ignored, AND the genre narrowed to super hero flicks.

So. Many. Bad. Ones.

But the worst of the last 10 years or so has to be that Captain America movie where Bucky (I think it's Bucky?) is a cyborg (or something?) and hates Cap? (Or something.)

Totally confusing and just horrible; less watchable than possibly the worst super hero movie EVER, Superman III.

So far, the best (& really only good) Cap movie is the one made decades ago with Salinger's kid - that movie is just brilliant, though wildly under-appreciated as the B movie masterpiece it is.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Ironwill75 private msg quote post Address this user
MUD absolutely shocking film closely followed by escape from LA
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
So, major studio release, then its Van Helsing. I almost walked out of that one.

Non-studio, then probably Thankskilling, which, like Rubber, is intentionally bad.

Now, if you want to see an odd movie, check out Forbidden Zone.

Herve Villachez and Oingo Boingo in the same movie!
Post 38 IP   flag post
Quote:
For the record, I'm a fan of low budget exploitation movies so none of this phases me.

I could tell by your choices and comments.

We’ve seen a lot of the same movies.

I love watching those b movies, many of which are now considered classics.
Post 39 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
I found one I hated that lost money at the box office. Ironically it's the only movie I've ever gotten out of my seat and walked out of and demanded my money back.
Land of the Lost

And for the record, put me on the list of those who liked Waterworld, though I hate Kevin Costner.

I also loved Howard the Duck. House of 1000 Corpses is one of my favorite movies. 😂
Post 40 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Agreed. I, too, liked this movie...it reminded me of the Road Warrior although nowhere near as good but still pretty good.
Post 41 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Me too! But apparently Damnation Alley forced me to draw a line
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:

Agreed. I, too, liked this movie...it reminded me of the Road Warrior although nowhere near as good but still pretty good.

Couldn’t do Waterworld, but I’m one of the three people on the planet, who likes the postman.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:

Me too! But apparently Damnation Alley forced me to draw a line

It has not aged well, but I dug it as a kid. George Peppard and Jan Michael Vincent plus nuclear war.

I was in!
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
The new Cats musical. I blame my wifee for trying to subject me to it.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
Just watched Disco Godfather. So bad it's good. (But still incredibly bad).
Post 46 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:

Couldn’t do Waterworld, but I’m one of the three people on the planet, who likes the postman.

Count me as #4.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Prometheus. It was just awful. Maybe the worst movie of the Alien franchise, which is saying something.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Orphan.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljordanfan
Orphan.

I really liked this movie. 😏
Post 50 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
great thread idea.

Watched this last weekend. It was particularly awful. I can stomach cheesy Vietnam movies like Chuck Norris/Missing in Action and even Michael Dudikoff/Platoon Leader but this one was atrocious. I think I turned it off halfway through.

Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:

Count me as #4.

I'm number 5. I like the Postman. Also, I'm glad to see Will Patton and Kevin Costner acting against one another in Yellowstone.

It is too bad that the rules of the thread state that the movie in question had to lose money. Finding out that Batman and Robin made money was surprising. It is so bad.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
Prometheus. It was just awful. Maybe the worst movie of the Alien franchise, which is saying something.

Man, I forgot about my disappointment there.

But, the effects looked amazing.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know if Plan 9 From Outer Space is anywhere near the worst Box Office money makers, but it clearly is a stinker! However, that's why I like it- It's hilariously bad!

Manos: The Hands Of Fate had to have played in a theater somewhere. Would that count? Another hilariously bad film.
Post 54 IP   flag post
For people who want a truly terrible film, check out Verotika.

It’s Glenn Danzigs movie. I don’t think it had a major release but it is really awful.

I couldn’t finish it.
Post 55 IP   flag post
601455 90 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?