Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Formerly Lost FedEx Thread....Now It's Here's What Arrived.13708

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
My CGC books have been lost enroute back to me. I've been in touch with FedEx obviously and will be sent a "Search and Rescue" form to fill out and send back to them. I've let CGC know this has ocurred.

Any advice would be appreciated. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what was the outcome? What are my chances I get my books?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector sly private msg quote post Address this user
Did you have insurance because CGC does not cover books lost in transit. I believe CBCS has insurance when sending books back. If I’m not correct someone please correct me.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC I've had a book shipped to me that got lost. The driver mistakenly gave it to a Nordstrom whetehouse. When a package is signed it has a gps in it that shows where it was signed. The Usps manager personally went and found the book and delivered it to us, it took a couple of weeks but it worked. It was an avengers 4 6.5
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC In the USA FedEx only insures packages up to $1000.00. If a package is worth more than that then you have to have 3rd party insurance to cover the difference. I hope that it is different in Canada or that you have 3rd party insurance of the books have a value over that amount.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 That's promising! The package "disappeared" or stopped tracking in the US. I really hope its found...I'm just wondering if I should keep my hope's up or is it one of those things that when they've lost track of it, it's gone...as in at some FedEx employees house.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Towmater I still have hope but if that hope disappears I'll inquire with FedEx about insurance limits coverages etc. Thanks for the info!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
@sly I'll check that out, thanks!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Man, this is terrifying. I hope they find them.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@00slim Thanks! I hope so!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
From the CGC web page titled Shipping Your Collectibles To / From CGC located HERE: "The CCG Companies cannot provide or procure insurance for international return shipments to Customer."

Maybe if you have your own private insurance, like CIS, that can be under their coverage. You have to check your policy, and it may matter if you have a Personal policy or Business policy.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@chester15 Thanks for the info!!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Man, and I thought USPS was bad. I hope it gets resolved quickly for you.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
All shipping in the US is awful right now, I've had packages delayed for days in one city or another. Just had books from SLHLA take 9 days to make it out of california.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Bud - sorry this happened to you. Mail has been a disaster in so many ways.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 Thanks! Yeah, it's been hit and miss for a while now...fingers crossed my books show up.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Best of luck @GAC. Hope they show back up on the radar soon.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@xjagnew Thank you!!! appreciate the well wishes!!
Post 17 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC what books are they anyway
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Batman66

Line Item: 001
Comic Description: Captain Marvel 1 5/68 Marvel Comics
Category: Universal
Grader Notes: Grader Notes
Grade: 8.0 WHITE

Line Item: 002
Comic Description: Marvel Super-Heroes 12 12/67 Marvel Comics
Grade: 5.0 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

Line Item: 003
Comic Description: Fantastic Four Annual 6 11/68 Marvel Comics
Grade: 7.0 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

Line Item: 004
Comic Description: Doctor Strange 169 6/68 Marvel Comics
Grade: 8.5 WHITE

Line Item: 005
Comic Description: Doctor Strange 169 6/68 Marvel Comics
Grade: 7.0 WHITE

Line Item: 006
Comic Description: Green Lantern 87 12/71-1/72 D.C. Comics
Grade: 5.5 OFF-WHITE

Line Item: 007
Comic Description: New Gods 1 2-3/71 D.C. Comics
Grade: 6.0 WHITE
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector gotham44 private msg quote post Address this user
I work for FedEx Express. was it shipped Ground? If it was then they might not be really lost as opposed to not scanned for awhile. The warehouse by me is overwhelmed and the just stop scanning pkgs because they cant keep up. Kind of like USPS right now. I bet you may still get them. I had one not scanned by ground for 13 days and it was delivered.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Nice books. Hope they are located for you. 👍
Post 21 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC - Some nice books, Angelo. I am sure they will show up soon/eventually. It just seems to be the season; every type of shipping has been taking forever and a day since December. (Maybe they will show up at my front door by mistake, I wouldn't mind.)
Post 22 IP   flag post
@gotham44 Thanks for this info!! That's what I wanted to hear! I really hope it's just that...high volume and they can't scan at every point. I really hope it arrives soon!!!
Post 23 IP   flag post
@southerncross Thank you sir!!!!
Post 24 IP   flag post
@esaravo lol!!!! Thanks Ed! I hope you're right!! If they show up at your house you can keep one if you send the rest back to me.
Post 25 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC - DEAL!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Woohoo!!!!! My FedEx tracking has been updated and states the package is in my city!

Post 27 IP   flag post
Prior to this latest update the previous tracking update was January 8th in Memphis.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC sweet 👍
Post 29 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Fantastic, glad to hear it.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601473 46 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?