Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Movie Collectors: New Additions/Anticipated Releases Thread13702

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Just a few examples I have on hand. Most of my stuff is packed up for a move that never happened

Post 26 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
One of the kewl Keaton sets from Eureka (Masters of Cinema, UK Blu-Ray Ltd. Ed.)...

All of these MoC box sets have been superb!
Post 27 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
If you can, get this set I highly recommend it: https://amzn.to/2LoPTGW

Post 28 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Friday the 13th The Ultimate Collection on Blu Ray: https://amzn.to/3oHN0iL

Post 29 IP   flag post
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Complete Collection: https://amzn.to/3sro0yG

Post 30 IP   flag post

Rolling Vengeance DVD https://amzn.to/3iaYFnA

This movie is AMAZING. Guy builds a monster truck out of his semi truck and mows over bad people. LEGIT

Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Rolling Vengeance DVD https://amzn.to/3iaYFnA

This movie is AMAZING. Guy builds a monster truck out of his semi truck and mows over bad people. LEGIT

I might have to see this. šŸ˜„
Post 32 IP   flag post
Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw: https://amzn.to/39xVfY7

A young, 19 yr old LYNDA CARTER TOPLESS. You'll thank me later. She is every bit as spectacular as you could ever possibly imagine.

Post 33 IP   flag post
I love these lavish, oversized collectorā€™s editions from the early 2000ā€™s. Sure they were editions of tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands but they seemed to try to go overboard with special features, often including hours of documentaries and neat physical goods like reproductions of marketing materials, production art, or contemporary correspondence

Post 34 IP   flag post
I have a few of those: King Kong, Sam Raimi's Spider-man 1 and 2, Bugsy Malone, Star Wars Episode 1. So, Spider-man 1 and 2 had a reprint comic inside and you get a reprint of Amazing Spider-man #50 and Amazing Fantasy 15. I'm actually getting the Amazing Fantasy 15 reprint graded right now as I type this. My Amazing Spider-man 50 got a 9.8:

and here's my real one:

Here's the 2 boxed sets. One is a mini comic and the other (Amazing Fantasy 15) is a regular sized issue.

Post 35 IP   flag post
Hereā€™s one I had to pre-order:

The limited edition Arrow video 4k release of ā€˜Tremorsā€™.

I LOVE this movie & actively watch for any props that go up for sale from the franchise.

Now all I need is a 4k player. šŸ˜

Post 36 IP   flag post
Then thereā€™s this one, that Iā€™m sure many here have:

The Batman ā€˜66 complete series limited edition blu-ray gift set.

The basic set was released a year or two later at a much more reasonable price. I got this one because it included the never released ā€˜Batgirlā€™ pilot episode!

Like so many, I was chomping at the bit to finally own this complete set.

Post 37 IP   flag post
Oh that is cool I don't have it
Post 38 IP   flag post
@00slim It was before my time but the standard edition is on my list

Post 39 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite Oh, it was definitely before my time as well, but I grew up on the re-runs & always loved it.
Post 40 IP   flag post
I have never seen Lawrence of Arabia or read the book. That should be on my list.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Hereā€™s one to file under ā€œAnticipated Releases That Will Probably Never Happenā€.

Iā€™m happy to have ā€˜Death Becomes Herā€™ (1992) on blu-ray (shown). But there was a different cut, rumored to have as much as 20 minutes of additional footage & a completely different ending.

Iā€™d love to see a deluxe release with the alternate cut included.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Just saw this on Prime. First time ever seeing it, it was definitely above average & I really enjoyed it. But according to Amazon, thereā€™s no blu-ray release, only DVD? Weird. Iā€™ll keep an eye out for an HD release in the future.

Sorry if Iā€™m posting too much. Iā€™m off work this week for the first time in a long time & Iā€™m watching way more movies/TV than usual because of it.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Kurt Russell has never made a bad movie.
Post 44 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke I never thought about it, but you might be right.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

3000 miles to Graceland. If you haven't seen it, consider yourself lucky.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Some SDCC Exclusives. The content on the discs themselves are identical to existing discs but the artwork was exclusive and the 2014 ones included a matching numbered (of 500) print

Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

3000 Miles to Graceland wasn't that bad. But, I do take my comment back: Escape from LA. That scene with the surfboard makes me cringe every time.
Post 48 IP   flag post
I want that Robocop and Edward Scissorhands prints/movies.
Post 49 IP   flag post
The art for ā€˜The Flyā€™ is dope, too.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Finally got around to watching ā€™Mudā€™ on Netflix. I have never been a big McConaughey fan, but Iā€™d heard a lot of good things about it.

It was a good coming of age movie. I liked it, & Iā€™m glad I watched it but I doubt Iā€™ll be adding it to my collection.

That said, the pacing reminded me of a much darker Indie movie called ā€˜Blue Ruinā€™. If you liked ā€˜Mudā€™ or revenge movies, maybe check it out. I believe itā€™s on Netflix as well.

Post 51 IP   flag post
The Candy Snatchers https://amzn.to/35GDsgo

Post 52 IP   flag post
I gotta stay off the shoutfactory.com website. Another order, this time from scream factory, $260 order.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
I gotta stay off the shoutfactory.com website. Another order, this time from scream factory, $260 order.

Holy crap. What did ya buy, Kap?
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

I'd add Escape from LA to that list.

He was good doing this at the end of 3000 Miles to Graceland. He does a great Elvis impersonation.

Post 55 IP   flag post
601342 120 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?