Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop CultureToys

The Great Action Figure Toy Thread!13697

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

You know, you look like your head fell in the cheese dip back in 1957.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

This is now my NECA Toys Thread.
Post 2 IP   flag post

Post 3 IP   flag post

I have the t-shirt, too. My wife is not amused.
Post 4 IP   flag post

Post 5 IP   flag post

Post 6 IP   flag post

Here's one for all you Star Wars Nerds
Post 7 IP   flag post

Like, I remember buying this at SDCC, but I have NO IDEA where it is in my storage because I forgot to put the bin number down in my spreadsheet. With over 70 Rubbermaid Storage Tubs, you might as well say I lost it or don't have it anymore at this point.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
The gremlins are cool.

I have the Mando figures šŸ¤“
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Iā€™m kinda blown away by the ā€˜Slumber Party Massacreā€™ figure. What an obscure reference for them to pull from.
Post 10 IP   flag post
NECA is like that. They will pull a figure from out of nowhere and all the accessories to match. Notice the flasher gremlin has his hand puppet lol.

I'm still waiting on my REX-1 Police Robot from the Ninja Turtles cartoon series in 1987

Post 11 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Nice figures @kaptainmyke!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thanks
Post 13 IP   flag post
Somewhere I have a glow in the dark NECA Robocop figure from SDCC too
Post 14 IP   flag post
Roddy Piper Passed away about a week before my brother & I were going to meet him at a local Con. I was planning to have him sign my ā€˜They Liveā€™ DVD. I introduced the movie to my brother & itā€™s one of the things we bonded over.

To have missed out on meeting Roddy by just that much makes it hurt even more.
Post 15 IP   flag post
That's a sad story, brah
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
The figure is packed away but here is a pic of a Duke action figure I had signed by the one and only Tony Burton at the 2007 Wizard Con in LA. He was awesome we talked for about 30 minutes and he capped off our conversation with his monologue from Rocky 4 ā€œApollo was like a son to me when he died a part of me diedā€ it gave me chills.
RIP TB

Post 17 IP   flag post
Very cool I like it
Post 18 IP   flag post
Somewhere I have a "My Name is Bruce" Action figure doll signed by Bruce Campbell - I stood in line for 6 hours to get it signed (and I was in the first 3 rows of people!) and Bruce was talking to each fan for 5-10 min at a time, very calm and cool...then when he saw my doll he grabbed it from my hands, held it up high above his head and yelled at the top of his lungs, "NOW THIS IS AN ACTION FIGURE!!!" and the crowd went wild. I will never sell that doll. Ever. He is a legend.

He signed it "SAVE ME!" - Bruce Campbell across the window box in sharpie marker. (So it looks like the doll is asking to be removed from the box)
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Thank You yours as well!!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim
Iā€™m very sorry to hear about that! Iā€™m on the other side of that coin. My nieces & I met him at MC3 just two months before his passing.

It was the end of the day so the con was naturally winding down. As we made our way to the exit we turned a corner & there he was - still at his booth finishing up a few autographs and gladly taking pics with everyone. I came to a grinding stop & just stared like a nervous 8 year old with what was the most wide eyed smile that day! He noticed me standing off to the side then spoke to a rep sitting beside him. When the line cleared up she calmly walked over & asked if Iā€™d like to meet him - the kid in me was yelling ā€œYESSS!!!ā€ but since it was the end of the day I politely told her no, because I didnā€™t want to keep him held up any longer than he needed to be. Without a word she looked back at him & he stood up motioning my nieces and I over. We talked with him for what seemed like forever in my mind, then offered to take some pics with us before we left. Truly a wonderful moment with a man of pure class.

He was without a doubt one of the most soft spoken & genuine legends Iā€™ve ever had the privilege of meeting, and will always cherish that moment my inner child got to spend some time with a hero of my youth.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

You know, you look like your head fell in the cheese dip back in 1957.

I absolutely loved that movie! Especially the ā€œI have come here to chew bubblegum and kick @$$ā€ line
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank God there doesn't seem to be an Angela figure from Sleepaway Camp.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntergreene2

It would sell, if they did. šŸ˜†
Post 24 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
We definitely need a toy collector thread.
Post 25 IP   flag post
I have changed the topic title. This is now the Great Action Figure Toy Thread!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntergreene2

Iā€™d buy two.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Iā€™m more of a statue collector, but I was gifted this SDCC Exclusive Swamp Thing figure that I think is pretty sweet!

Post 28 IP   flag post
Oh wow that is way cool! Very nice
Post 29 IP   flag post
And this 1:1 Sideshow piece is listed as a ā€œfigureā€. But itā€™s definitely more of a statue, since thereā€™s no articulation.

Post 30 IP   flag post
600891 116 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?