Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For Sale

AF 15 CBCS 7.0 Ex(p), Hulk #1 and Fantastic Four #1 Both CBCS 5.0 Ex(p) WOW13665

Collector RedKnight private msg quote post Address this user
No returns on CGC/CBCS books, raw books are can be returned without question, I accept paypal, venmo or money order/check and you get a convenience bonus. I have been selling huge mega keys on the CGC boards for years, check my feedback. USPS Securely Boxed Registered Shipping with Full Insurance FOR FREE!

All purchases over $500 are also given optional payment terms up to 3 months (with a 10% or more deposit) to help you out with timing of funds, getting your next paycheck/stimulus check first etc.

Feedback: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/226251-tc33-kudosfeedback/

I have been selling the biggest #1 Keys for years on the CGC boards above and over 20 year on ebay (anythingbox) I actually have many huge keys listed on ebay now (Including 8.0 Avengers #1!)
So check it out!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/anythingbox/m.html?item=303833873344&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

All Books are extensively Restored, NONE are trimmed! (had kind of expected only Mod/Ext on the Hulk 1), Pieces added, tear seals, reinforced. Although most say cleaned/re-glossed, they were never cleaned nor re-glossed. AF 15 also says cover and 5th wrap married.

Some of the best restoration quality anywhere on the planet. All Books look closer to VF, AF 15 looks NM (CBCS said there was a minor wave on back cover (needs slight press) or it may have gotten NM range!

The last non trimmed restored FF #1 in this grade sold for $7,200. Offered at just $5,950 shipped/insured with registered mail.

Hulk 1 closest comparable was an extensive trimmed 5.5 for $9,995 last year (non trimmed typically worth way more!). Low Offer price at just $8,800 Shipped (not trimmed).

AF 15: GPA is all over the board on this one, restored extensive B4 6.0 that was trimmed recently sold for 15K, Extensive P 5.0 sold for 14,500 last year. Bargain price ultra Sharp VF 7.0 AF 15 for just $12,500! Fully shipped registered/insured and no buyers fees!

SORRY, I WILL GET BETTER INDIVIDUAL SCANS UP LATER TONIGHT AFTER WORK!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome to the forum.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Redmisty4me private msg quote post Address this user
Is there an ignore feature here...?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmisty4me

You don't think people will be interested in looking at the 3 biggest Marvel Keys of all time at some of the lowest prices you will find anywhere online for these? You are certainly welcome to take a hike and don't come back yourself. Don't let the door hit you! LOL
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector KYDU private msg quote post Address this user
Can’t wait to see some scans. Do you restore them yourself??? Any before or after pictures and/or details of the work??? Especially the AF 15.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKnight
Quote:

You don't think people will be interested in looking at the 3 biggest Marvel Keys of all time at some of the lowest prices you will find anywhere online for these? You are certainly welcome to take a hike and don't come back yourself. Don't let the door hit you! LOL
Why so defensive?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYDU
Can’t wait to see some scans. Do you restore them yourself??? Any before or after pictures and/or details of the work??? Especially the AF 15.

I wish I had that kind of talent, the pro I use is now retired but still does work for me and a few of his friends. He is on the east coast and is one of the best artists on the planet and does some of the best pro restoration work I have seen. Better Scans coming soon.
Post 7 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going to assume there's some history here and/or someone's reputation precedes themself. 🍻
Post 8 IP   flag post
He had done professional Star Wars art for books/posters among many similar professional jobs over the years to give you an idea of his artistic talent level.
Post 9 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
are trades an option?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Nice books.

Wish I could afford a .5 in any of these. I’d be interested to see better pics (to satisfy my curiosity). Personally I’m iffy on resto, but I’m all for conservation of books. Aside from piece fill they are more conserved than restored. I say nay to the trimmed, color touched, franken books.

Welcome to the forum.

Quote:

Gut reaction to restored books🤷🏻‍♂️

Not everything tickles everyone’s pickle.
Post 11 IP   flag post

Post 12 IP   flag post
I know that everyone has their own preferences, but if given the option, I will take an original Key book that is beautifully restored to present like a six figure high grade every time vs an ugly low grade copy, but that's just me.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
They look great
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

VERY hot entrance; I'm used to chat sites where selling is either prohibited or presented more subtly.

Welcome to the forum.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I know that everyone has their own preferences, but if given the option, I will take an original Key book that is beautifully restored to present like a six figure high grade every time vs an ugly low grade copy, but that's just me.

You mean "mostly original" I think, since parts of the comic were added. My "ugly low grade" AF 15 & FF1 are beat up, but everything is original.
These do look great, though. Any chance we can know who did the work?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I'm going to assume there's some history here and/or someone's reputation precedes themself. 🍻

I may have overreacted to a hot entrance...
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Nice books.

Wish I could afford a .5 in any of these. I’d be interested to see better pics (to satisfy my curiosity). Personally I’m iffy on resto, but I’m all for conservation of books. Aside from piece fill they are more conserved than restored. I say nay to the trimmed, color touched, franken books.

Welcome to the forum.

Quote:

Gut reaction to restored books🤷🏻‍♂️

Not everything tickles everyone’s pickle.

I'm fine with (disclosed) resto; just my first reaction, which may have been unfair.
Post 18 IP   flag post
@RedKnight If I may ask, was your name at CGC always TC33? It doesn't ring any bells and we've both been there since 2011.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
VERY hot entrance;

The descriptions are a little more superlative than we're accustomed to on this forum.
I had my eye on a couple of the Ebay listings before this post though. So I'm happy to have a path for direct contact.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I may have overreacted to a hot entrance...

All cool brother!! .... understood especially as he's brand new to the forum too! one can't be too careful these days. 🍻
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
VERY hot entrance;

The descriptions are a little more superlative than we're accustomed to on this forum.
I had my eye on a couple of the Ebay listings before this post though. So I'm happy to have a path for direct contact.

I'd be happy to share my opinion on the books, but PM is likely best if you're interested in my 2¢.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I posted on a Sales forum for a reason, so I am mostly interested in talking with people that have interest in any of the books and want to work out a deal. Thanks!
Post 23 IP   flag post
Are my questions out of line?
Post 24 IP   flag post
For a little background on me, I have done extremely well on the CGC boards and ebay in the past. So I have never had much of a need to try the CBCS boards out until now. So, there has been a bit of a revolution against the CGC restoration grading department this past year with most resto guys and resto book collectors on the boards swearing off of using them. CGC is doing a horrible job grading and even detailing some of the work or even quality of work right. Worst part is they have been seemingly very easy on their in house grading team, but screw over everyone else sending in high quality resto work, so that partisan conflict of interest is pissing everyone off. Until something changes, I won't be sending my resto books to them again. Had not tried CBCS out in a few years, it was OK on my last experience, just not really motivated to switch from CGC until recently for all resto books. For my first report, This experience was absolutely amazing, CBCS has 10X the customer service process/skills and far better/speedy turnaround times and they are fair and consistent and know their stuff on restoration a lot better than the newer graders over at CGC. So I think I am here to stay and that is why I decided I better start using these boards since offering CBCS slabs on the CGC boards have always been a non starter. LOL Thanks to everyone that has welcomed me over. I did not know CBCS boards allowed CGC book sales or I might have come over much earlier.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector KYDU private msg quote post Address this user
They look great, the AF15 looks really good. No trimming, original staples (unless they missed it). Those of you that don’t care for restoration probably would have great trouble if you saw what they do to paintings, old books, furniture etc... I think if there is transparency it’s good.

An unrestored AF 15 in that grade is so expensive. I have a interest in a AF 15 exactly like this on the radar but it’s a bit too soon. Is trade in any form an option?? Regardless best of luck I would be happy with that AF 15.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Actually I swear they never miss new staples, if anything 3/4 times they are the same exact original staples they came with and they get it wrong when they say they are replaced (they always err on the side of caution) same with cleaning and glossing, my guy never ever does that, but more than half the time they say its been done just in case. I might consider a cash/trade type deal for the Hulk/FF, AF 15 is my only copy so I am not super excited to sell that one, but if its mostly cash with some trade I might give it a listen. Thanks for the interest!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYDU
They look great, the AF15 looks really good. No trimming, original staples (unless they missed it). Those of you that don’t care for restoration probably would have great trouble if you saw what they do to paintings, old books, furniture etc... I think if there is transparency it’s good.

An unrestored AF 15 in that grade is so expensive. I have a interest in a AF 15 exactly like this on the radar but it’s a bit too soon. Is trade in any form an option?? Regardless best of luck I would be happy with that AF 15.

Are you referring to necessary conservation, or perhaps well-executed restoration?

It's fairly well established that poorly executed restoration severely downgrades the value of an object, particularly when it's so outrageously poor/ham-fisted that it may not be reversible without even further damaging the object.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I dont really have a horse in this race, as I have these books already, but one thing I will say about this comment....there are no ugly low grade copies. They are all gorgeous examples of writing and art that are the basis for many of our collecting themes still today ...some might be in worse shape, and some better, but none of them are UGLY
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@RedKnight welcome to the Forum
Post 30 IP   flag post
601428 76 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?