Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Silver Age

One of the many reasons I'm sending more books to CBCS13663

Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
Just got this back from CGC. Yes, that's inside the slab.

At least it looks like the monster is eating it.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Also, this is not a GRR.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
I have a hair trapped on the CGC hologram of my Eternals 11 slab. I win on gross-out factor.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector manfred_spain private msg quote post Address this user
That hair must be a part of their new program to enable tracking the DNA of the person who graded the book. But seriously...total ick factor there.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Mugroantics private msg quote post Address this user
Glad I’m not the only one with presents on the inside of the CGC slab.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Poor quality control. Honestly anyone can make a mistake. I have had some issues pop up with CBCS slabs, but I can say that I have never had anyone’s body parts end up in them. 🤣
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Hopefully the superior plastics used for CBCS cases will no longer have have the "ripple" when anyone resubs.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
As a whole - they're the big guy and they just don't give a rats @ss.
Hopefully, these persistent quality and consistency issues will ultimately have an effect where they clean up their act
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntergreene2
I have a hair trapped on the CGC hologram of my Eternals 11 slab. I win on gross-out factor.

Oy! That's always been a criticism of PGX. Secret mystery hairs.

Maybe it's staffing trouble? Maybe it's just the sheer volume of books? I've slabbed hundreds of books with CGC and never really had that much of a problem until last year, then things started to get wonky.

It's an FF1 for Pete's sake. You'd think it would get a better look before it went out the door.
Post 9 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I think adding the hair is by design...and it worked...we're not talking about newton rings. 🍻
Post 10 IP   flag post
@GAC I think the hair keeps the inner surface from touching the outer slab, thus preventing the rings. Who knew it was that easy to avoid them.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@MatterEaterLad I agree, that's like a car dealership selling a Corvette (the cool new midengine one)and leaving it covered in muck and dust at the time of delivery. FF1 demands a certain amount of respect.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I think adding the hair is by design...and it worked...we're not talking about newton rings. 🍻

Newton Curls???
Post 13 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
A sent a package of Magazine size to CGC and they arrived Saturday. I got worried because my account shows absolutely no indication whatsoever of a shipment. I got someone from customer service on the phone and she said A) submissions will not show on your account when they are submitted, only after they have arrived and been checked in. B) They are currently checking in submissions that arrived on December 21. Can anyone verify this, that my account will show no indication of a submission until they check it in? Seemed a little odd that there is no sign that I even filled out an order form, in fact I have no order number to reference.
Post 14 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
A sent a package of Magazine size to CGC and they arrived Saturday. I got worried because my account shows absolutely no indication whatsoever of a shipment. I got someone from customer service on the phone and she said A) submissions will not show on your account when they are submitted, only after they have arrived and been checked in. B) They are currently checking in submissions that arrived on December 21. Can anyone verify this, that my account will show no indication of a submission until they check it in? Seemed a little odd that there is no sign that I even filled out an order form, in fact I have no order number to reference.

Even with making an online submission through CGC, it won’t show up on your account until CGC has not only had it delivered, but received it. That can take a couple weeks. I keep a copy of the submission paperwork for my records as it’s the only thing containing that info until CGC receives it.
I think they may send a submission email but not sure.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector CAMSMITH private msg quote post Address this user
CGC does send a notification once your item(s) have been entered into their system. They have been facing a backlog. I had sent some books in for an inhouse signing. It was signed for by one of their receivers at CGC on December 16th. CGC then sent me an email on December 28th stating that they had received my books. Give it a couple of weeks after your books have been delivered.
Post 16 IP   flag post
600823 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?