Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Signature ASPSigning Opportunities

Question about signing event13652

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I’m thinking about sending this book to the Marco Checchetto signing.

Would it be a bold, risky, or stupid move to have the back signed? Is that even allowed?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
As long as you window bag it, it'll get signed where you want it. I'd be more concerned the comic gets slabbed backwards.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Every "preference" type of question that comes up; I always ask If this is for you to sell or to keep for your personal collection.
I say that because they are often quite different.
For me, stuff I sell/get signatures for is miles apart from stuff I purchase or obtain signatures that I collect for myself and have no plans to ditch.

If looking to sell, I would not go against the modern trend which is signature on the cover and submit for the slabbing. It's an established methodology. It's the trend these days. And I have to believe it brings max money. And make sure you get a "well placed signature" because that seems to monetarily matter also.

If for Personal collection, I think you toss out considerations for the monetary aspect and just do what you like; and it sounds like you're leaning towards the back cover. I say go for it if it's for you.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
As long as you window bag it, it'll get signed where you want it. I'd be more concerned the comic gets slabbed backwards.

🤔 I didn’t think about that.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111
It’s for the PC, but I wouldn’t hesitate to sell given the opportunity. There’s no attachment other than I like the work. Personally I’d prefer the sig on the back as it has a lot open space and it’s a part of the books identity. The front does not have good sig placement.
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
It is allowed and will be notated on the label

Post 6 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite wow that’s cool. I really liked Thomas Jane as Punisher.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash Happy B-Day!
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Noblebeast315 thanks!
Post 9 IP   flag post
601308 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?