Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature VSPQuestionsSignatures

How do you display your comics?1365

Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
How do you display your comics? I saw a sweet youtube video of a guy who used J channeling with a small strip of scrap wood behind to push it forward just a bit to prevent them from falling forward. Does anyone else have any cool ideas to display some comics?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
At conventions I see a lot of dealers use wire shelving turned on its side to display comics - haven't tried it but it looks nice there.

And because it is wire it can be easily attached to a wall. Have to angle it out a bit at the bottom to make sure the comics stay put.

(no, no ownership in the company that makes these shelves and I don't work for a store that sells them either)
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector OrbitCityComics private msg quote post Address this user
In boxes in my closet.

I, also, buy those wooden crates in craft stores and turn them sideways and use them as bookshelves. They hold about the same as a short box and make moving them easier.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitCityComics
In boxes in my closet.

I, also, buy those wooden crates in craft stores and turn them sideways and use them as bookshelves. They hold about the same as a short box and make moving them easier.

I used to do that, then my wife allowed me to double my man cave space so I took full advantage of the big empty wall. In my single days I used long boxes and I'm glad I don't, I have to many cool comics to show off!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector reggieb private msg quote post Address this user
Similar to the OP, but I think much better looking, is a simple Picture frame shelf: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GIRNBFO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR BigRig private msg quote post Address this user
For raw copies I like the free floating picture frames to hang in the living room
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Mine are all in short boxes in the closet. The ungraded ones most valuable I place in fullback my-lites.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by reggieb
Similar to the OP, but I think much better looking, is a simple Picture frame shelf: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GIRNBFO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do you know of any cheaper one? $30 each seems steep.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniofett
Quote:

Do you know of any cheaper one? $30 each seems steep.

Nope, got that one at $26, which I thought was fair, though it's pretty darn simple, I think it looks nice. You can see my massive slabbed collection barely fits on the one.

I'm going to need a second when my first slabbing order comes in, but I don't have much of a collection at this point, and I'll probably never have a ton. So this and one more will work for me.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
How do you display your comics?

In boxes out of the light.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:

That word...I'm not sure it means what you think it means.
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I don't display my books as a general rule. But my son did make this up for me for Christmas a few years back. Each book is signed by somebody, but I forget who at the moment.

Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak
I don't display my books as a general rule. But my son did make this up for me for Christmas a few years back. Each book is signed by somebody, but I forget who at the moment.

thats awesome!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Here is my display. The top ones are in comicskins and I bought those comic display brackets off of eBay. For the raws, I just used bag and board with a 7" folding cardboard easel stand adhered to the bag.

Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Here is my display. The top ones are in comicskins and I bought those comic display brackets off of eBay. For the raws, I just used bag and board with a 7" folding cardboard easel stand adhered to the bag.

Thats a cool setup!
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by conditionfreak

Take good care of that top left book.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That word...I'm not sure it means what you think it means.

Perhaps. But his comics won't be light faded
Post 17 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Wolverine private msg quote post Address this user
I only display a few out of the sunlight. Waiting to rig up some more display shelves once the new mancave is finished.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
I display my books in a trophy case at the local mall. Sure, it is expensive and time consuming to rent out the space and hang out at the mall all day, but I love it!
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector WCollecbales private msg quote post Address this user
An idea I've been toying with is PVC square tube. My dad renovates houses and always has a crap load of these lying around. My plan is to cut of one side with a hacksaw, reinforce them then attach them to a sheet of wood/corrugated card which I can hang like a normal picture frame. Figured it's a dirt cheap way to display comics, for me it would be totally free. As long as I only display raw comics they should hold just fine.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@WCollecbales I think I see what you're describing. The PVC would act as a tray to hold the comic much like chalk is held in a tray on a black board, right?
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine
I only display a few out of the sunlight. Waiting to rig up some more display shelves once the new mancave is finished.

You mean you only display a few out IN the sunlight, right?
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
I don't !
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector WCollecbales private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@WCollecbales I think I see what you're describing. The PVC would act as a tray to hold the comic much like chalk is held in a tray on a black board, right?
Yup, you'd need to adjust it to make sure the comics are secure, but it's a dirt cheap solution.
Post 24 IP   flag post

This is my setup, I like using the j-channel because its cheap! In this image I just cut 2 strips of j channel in half and put strips of scrap wood behind to push them out. I think this setup cost about $8 to make.
Post 25 IP   flag post
600893 25 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?