Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector gunner private msg quote post Address this user
I want to submit comics for grading through the Canadian branch, but when I do I can't use grade screening. When I click on sending them to the US direct from my house grade screening can be used. What i am wondering is What is the difference? and Why is it that when you use the Canadian shipping site you can't use grade screening?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
One thing to realize is that CBCS Canada isn’t just a Canadian address to send your submissions. CBCS Canada operates under a different tier structure and offers a more restrictive set of services. So options there are not 1:1 with submitting directly.

As for why, I would imagine it involves the logistics of gathering the books in Canada and shipping them en masse to the Texas office and back, which already has longer turn-around times and to keep the operation profitable by not having to ship back ungraded books. Possibly more

It’s worth taking a look at the Newbie’s Guide for submitting to CBCS Canada. Keep in mind that it is slightly out of date. Most if should still apply but the facility address has changed
Post 2 IP   flag post
601200 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?