Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern Age

New Spidey costume coming.13627

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
In case you haven't heard yet, Spider-Man is getting a new look!! Here are the previews for January and a cover with the new costume. Everyone seems to think 62 will be the one to get. But looking at the preview for 61, I'm of the opinion of getting both.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector comixcited private msg quote post Address this user
yikes!! blue beetle?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
where did you find intel???
Post 3 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Terrible costume design! Also, why??
Post 4 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Reelgee I first heard of it on Facebook, but I found it on Marvel also. Marvel announcement link.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I saw this on facebook as well and immediately deleted it from my pull list. I also looked through Patrick Gleason's art and he has some amazing covers, not sure what happened with this one.

Although I'm now reconsidering. It might be so bad it could be worth having, but it's got nothing on this:

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
cool thanks
Post 7 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
It's Sonny from I, Robot

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Of course. Because it’s not like Spidey’s costume is iconic or anything.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
No thank you to this new costume.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector andy49 private msg quote post Address this user
new costume, sure, but which pronoun will be used?
Post 11 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Where's the barf smiley when you need it?

Looks like another Stark design, probably with special gadgets, and vaguely similar to the one pictured below.

I think this one was labeled the Spidey-Tron costume. I don't know how long that one lasted as I stopped reading ASM long before Big Time.

Post 12 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Not a fan of the look. Some costumes are iconic. Superman, Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy, Spider-Man, etc. Even the black costume for Spidey was sleek and cool looking. Maybe there's a cool reason for the suit in the story, but I don't read much in the way of new Marvel so I have no clue. As long as there are no banner ads on the costume, I guess it's a win.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t care for the look, but I guess we’ll see the reason for it. Maybe OG suit is at the cleaners 🤔 I’m definitely getting a both books though.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
Marvel:
“Introducing - the totally awesome brand new Spider-Man 2021!”

Spider-Man fans:

Marvel:
Post 15 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Not a fan of the look. Some costumes are iconic. Superman, Mermaid Man & Barnacle Boy, Spider-Man, etc. Even the black costume for Spidey was sleek and cool looking. Maybe there's a cool reason for the suit in the story, but I don't read much in the way of new Marvel so I have no clue. As long as there are no banner ads on the costume, I guess it's a win.

Lol!!!!!!!! 🍻
Post 16 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley The craftiness, savviness, and brilliance of your humor resonates very well with me. Bravo!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
When I looked at the picture, I thought that it looks like one of the redesigned costumes that Jim Towe did for Youngblood a couple of years ago.

We should start a thread in which everyone predicts when they will change it back.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
The bad guys will see him a mile are 2 away with bells a ringing.Not for me.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Redmisty4me private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Terrible costume design! Also, why??

To keep people talking about Spidey.

From what I can see, it's working.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Stantheman private msg quote post Address this user
Terrible costume design!
Another score from the House of Ideas!
Post 21 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
This is the new version of his suit called the Negashit Zone suit.
Post 22 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy

Hmmmm....I don't think that's the official name from Marvel.
Post 23 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy

Thank you. I need a laugh every so often and your post did it.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Where's the barf smiley when you need it?

Looks like another Stark design, probably with special gadgets, and vaguely similar to the one pictured below.

I think this one was labeled the Spidey-Tron costume. I don't know how long that one lasted as I stopped reading ASM long before Big Time.

I bought this book from DF when it came out (I had just newly returned to collecting after many years). I like that they try new things...as of recent years, rarely does it work and it never stays longterm.

Post 25 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 26 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I'll take a flier and say that this suit eventually gains consciousness ruins Peters' or is it Bens'?? life before seeking a new host????
Post 27 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
@Studley_Dudley The craftiness, savviness, and brilliance of your humor resonates very well with me. Bravo!

My mother always said the smartest thing about me was my mouth.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
How did the artist get the editor to authorize the white plumber's shoe covers? Just so bad.

Here are some blue ones

Post 29 IP   flag post
601474 29 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?