Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector mscheel15 private msg quote post Address this user
I have the first four issues of TMNT (unfortunately my #1 is a 3rd printing) in pretty good shape but some minor blemishes on the covers. Does anybody know if pressing works on these? They are more like the "news stock" type paper, not the normal glossy cover paper on most other comics.
Post 1 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, pressing will work on them. The amount of success depends entirely on the amount of pressable defects on the books. Some things are correctable with pressing. Some things aren't. Pictures would help a lot.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector mscheel15 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Yes, pressing will work on them. The amount of success depends entirely on the amount of pressable defects on the books. Some things are correctable with pressing. Some things aren't. Pictures would help a lot.

I appreciate the feedback. I wasn't going to bother uploading images as I was really just curious if the process worked on that kind of paper stock. I am sure the book would benefit from pressing. Wish CBCS graded these.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Yes. Easy.
Post 4 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Yes. Easy.
aaaand, go with what this guy says.....
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector furlo316 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Yes. Easy.
This is the only opinion you need on this subject.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
☝️What @furlo316 said
Post 7 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
In my experience all can be pressed.

1 is more difficult due to the black inks. Very unforgiving if you don't know what you are doing.
2 is the easiest in my opinion.
3 is an easy book to work on.
4 seems to be the issue I see the that experiences the most foxing. Presses like the others but seem prone to foxing for some reason.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
The newspaper type of paper used is very pliable and malleable. You have to watch for fingerprints and scratches on issue #1 with that black cover. Issue #3 can be a little tougher to get dents and creases out. Issues 2 and 4 are the easiest to deal with, in my experience.
Post 9 IP   flag post
597981 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?