Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I've kind of been slacking off on posting stuff here in the forum. I've been very busy building an on ancestry tree and I've made some MAJOR discoveries and breakthroughs!

Post 726 IP   flag post
This Saturday on Svengoolie!

The Curse Of The Werewolf (1961) Official Trailer (HD)

Post 727 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster researching a family tree can be SO much fun and intriguing!! Congrats on your discoveries!
Post 728 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@OGJackster researching a family tree can be SO much fun and intriguing!! Congrats on your discoveries!

Settlers' Rock, has the names of the original European settlers (1661). My 9th Great-Grandfather's name is on there.
Settlers' Rock is on Block Island, an island of the Outer Lands coastal archipelago, located approximately 9 miles south of mainland Rhode Island.

I have a relative that served with John Paul Jones who was a Revolutionary War hero known as the father of the U.S. Navy.

Also, two members of our family have served in the United States Congress and my 4th cousin (5x removed)was sitting with Abraham Lincoln when he was assassinated by John Wilks Booth. When I found out all of this information, my mind was blown!
Post 729 IP   flag post
@OGJackster that is some awesome history!!!
Post 730 IP   flag post

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow that's awesome, @OGJackster. I've done quite a bit of research into my family tree but I haven't gotten any info that's nearly as cool as that.
Post 731 IP   flag post
Ten minutes!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
This Saturday on Svengoolie!

The Curse Of The Werewolf (1961) Official Trailer (HD)

Post 732 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm actually not home this evening so I'm missing it. I'm at my mom's. Today is her 88th birthday. But I do have "Curse of the Werewolf" on blu-ray so I can watch it later.
Post 733 IP   flag post
Well, it looks like I'll not be watching Svengoolie anymore. At the facility I am at, Spectrum redid everything. They are getting rid of individual cable boxes in the rooms. Instead, it's just a coax cable going to the TV and I now change the actual TV channel. MeTV is not on the new list of channels available. My only viable option is to get the FRNDLYTV app. After looking at their site, I'd only watch MeTV once a week for Svengoolie. I might watch H&I because they do have some great old shows on there. I'd probably try out ION Mystery. All other channels I already get or am not interested in. So ... do I spend $7 a month to watch Svengoolie? I probably won't.
Post 734 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Welcome to the #CBCSad club
Post 735 IP   flag post
Well that sucks, @Jesse_O. Pretty soon I'll be having give you guys Svengoolie movie play-by-play since ya'll can't watch. ☹️
Post 736 IP   flag post
Well, I may not be watching Svengoolie anymore, but I'm still a fan!!! This comic is in the April Previews. I'll for sure order one of the covers, maybe both.

Post 737 IP   flag post
Nice! Thanks for the heads up, @Jesse_O.
Post 738 IP   flag post
601334 738 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?