Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
My wife and I are ready...
Post 676 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Enjoy!
Post 677 IP   flag post
Later today on Svengoolie,
The Invisible Man (1933) Official Trailer

Post 678 IP   flag post
Even though DISH hasn't gotten METV back, I'm all hooked up "old school" with my antenna to watch tonight!

Post 679 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster WOW! That TV/VCR player really brings back some memories! I had one of those in my room at my family's cabin as a teen. It got in three channels, so I pretty much wore out more than a few VCR tapes!!!

Tonight, I'll be switching back and forth between Svengoolie and the NFL game.
Post 680 IP   flag post

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Even though DISH hasn't gotten METV back, I'm all hooked up "old school" with my antenna to watch tonight!

Glad you got up and running, @OGJackster. Hopefully, Dish and METV will work things out soon enough.
Post 681 IP   flag post
Here's the movie for tonight. The Giants/Eagles game is tonight, so I'll be flipping channels again.

Post 682 IP   flag post
Looking forward to this one.
Post 683 IP   flag post
I love the bat scene at the end!!! With the Eagles dominating the Giants, it was a great night to watch Svengoolie!!!!
Post 684 IP   flag post
Right! I liked how they combined animation and real (rubber) bats to make it really look like it was a large cloud of bats.

I liked this movie. I'd never seen it.
Post 685 IP   flag post
I'll be glad when DISH gets METV back. Apparently, METV doesn't broadcast in the Las Vegas area anymore for free. My antenna wouldn't pick up that channel. It really sucks not being able to watch Svengoolie on Saturday nights!
Post 686 IP   flag post
Hopefully soon, @OGJackster.
Post 687 IP   flag post
@OGJackster I hope they get it back soon for you!!!

@DWeeB1967 I've seen the movie a few times before, but it's been a few years. All I really remembered (before Svengoolie started tonight) about it was the bat ending. LOL
Post 688 IP   flag post
No Godzilla for me Still waiting for the negotiations to get moving.

Post 689 IP   flag post
Godzilla, King of the Monsters (1956) ORIGINAL TRAILER

Post 690 IP   flag post
I'm going to be skipping Svengoolie tonight. I will have a video chat with my youngest son tonight. Plus, WWE Royal Rumble is tonight on Peacock. I've seen "Godzilla" numerous times before. I enjoy it, but not enough to miss the Royal Rumble. I hope everyone who does tune in tonight has a great time!!!!
Post 691 IP   flag post
If you've never seen it, the original Japanese Gojira is much better than the American-ized, Raymond-Burr-starring version of "Godzilla." I can't imagine Svengoolie ever showing that one, though.
Post 692 IP   flag post
There are some good movies coming up!

Post 693 IP   flag post
Duel is awesome!!!
Post 694 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I've never seen Duel.

Looks like a good schedule for February.
Post 695 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
I've never seen Duel.

It's a pretty short movie (made for TV originally, I believe) about a man (Dennis Weaver) being chased and harassed by an 18-wheeler with a driver you never really see. It's a good one.
Post 696 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
I've never seen Duel.

It's a pretty short movie (made for TV originally, I believe) about a man (Dennis Weaver) being chased and harassed by an 18-wheeler with a driver you never really see. It's a good one.

Okay, I've seen it. Yeah, that was a good one.
Post 697 IP   flag post
Finally, METV!!! I had to get a different antenna. Not the best but it will do for now

Post 698 IP   flag post
Excellent, @OGJackster. 🍻
Post 699 IP   flag post
112 channels wow! If my wife would agree I'd ditch the DISH.
Post 700 IP   flag post
@OGJackster How much does Dish cost per month?
Post 701 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 With the package we have it's around 117.00 a month.
Post 702 IP   flag post
Yea you could go old-man antenna and a streaming service or two and still come out way ahead.

I had the same discussion with my wife a couple of years ago. She's a TV junkie. We had AT&T U-verse at the time. She was hesitant about cutting the cord but it was going to save us over $100 per month so she couldn't say no.

The other day, for the first time, I heard her tell her mom that she's really happy that we did it and she'd never go back.
Post 703 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 I think our main motivation to keep DISH is the DVR. We hate commercials and it's great being able to FF through all of the garbage. We also have well over 100 shows set to record between the 2 of us. She has the "how to kill your husband and get away with it" shows and I have all the Alaska, gold, sci-fi, and cop shows. I could survive without it but you know what they say about a happy wife
Post 704 IP   flag post
Yes I do, @OGJackster. 🙂
Post 705 IP   flag post
600634 738 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?