Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I'm pretty certain I've seen "Frogs" long ago. But I can't remember anything except it was slimy.
Post 576 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
“Svengoolie” presents his big broadcast of “Frogs” (1972) with Ray Milland, this Sat. on Me-TV

Post 577 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
“Svengoolie” presents his big broadcast of “Frogs” (1972) with Ray Milland, this Sat. on Me-TV

Now THAT'S a movie poster!! 🐸
Post 578 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Since we have some 3 Stooges fans here, I thought I would share what I saw in September's previews on MCS. There are several different covers available, of course. I may end up getting one myself.

I had to stop working on my stooges collection about 20 years ago. It got out of control.
Gold rimmed plates, plush toys, coffee mugs, ink pens, statue, models, bobble heads and I don't even know what else.
Most of it is stuffed away in a closet somewhere....
Post 579 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Fifteen minute warning!!!!!
Post 580 IP   flag post

LOL!!! Did anyone else see the tape/rope/whatever tied around the gator's jaws?
Post 581 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Dang it! Missed it.
Post 582 IP   flag post
@DWeeB1967 they tried to make it so it looked like some weeds.
Post 583 IP   flag post
“Svengoolie” presents his big broadcast of “It Came From Outer Space” (1953), this Sat. on Me-TV

Post 584 IP   flag post
One of the true classics of 1950s sci-fi. Well worth seeing in 3D although I know Sven isn't broadcasting it that way. Still really good in 2D, though.
Post 585 IP   flag post
About 20 minutes to go!

Post 586 IP   flag post
I LOVE that fireplace!!!
Post 587 IP   flag post
This scene reminded me of this EC.

Post 588 IP   flag post
Five ... count them ... FIVE!!!!! Five monsters in one movie tonight!!!

Post 589 IP   flag post
Awesome!
Post 590 IP   flag post
Celebrate the spooky season with Svengoolie's Halloween BOOnanza, starting Oct. 1!
It's all treats, no tricks, with an often-requested movie, a season premiere and Sven's first-ever one-hour primetime special!

Halloween has been Svengoolie's season for years now, but this year the party is busting out of the coffin all month long!

It starts with a shriek on October 1st when we kick off with a movie that still haunts the nightmares of MeTV viewers to this day... Trilogy of Terror! We've heard over the years how many of you were terrified by the Zuni doll growing up, so he's finally getting the Svengoolie treatment!

7 things you may not have known about Svengoolie, as told from his panel at C2E2 2022
The night is going to be so packed with spooky goodies that we had to start the party an hour early! Svengoolie on Oct. 1 will be showing Trilogy of Terror starting at 7P | 6C.

Following the classic horror anthology, tune in for Svengoolie's biggest adventure yet in Svengoolie Uncrypted. In his first-ever one-hour primetime special, the coolest of the ghouliest escapes his dungeon to journey far and wide, meeting new friends and having new adventures along the way. You won't want to miss this look at Svengoolie's career over more than four decades... and especially the crypt-shaking special reveal at the end! Catch Svengoolie Uncrypted Saturday, Oct. 1 at 9P | 8C.

Following the special, the red tuna of terror swims back to the screen with the Sventoonie season two premiere! Sventoonie and his "blob of the macabre" co-host Blob E. Blob are celebrating the season with a special one-hour premiere episode starting Saturday, Oct. 1 at 10P | 9C.

And that's just the beginning! All month long we'll be showing special Halloween episodes of your favorite classic shows, spooky Sunday Block Party programming and other hauntingly good surprises!

Eastern/Pacific time
clickable text

Central/Mountain time
clickable text
Post 591 IP   flag post
It's time!!!
Post 592 IP   flag post
Later tonight!!! I like these 70's movies.

Post 593 IP   flag post
Get your popcorn ready!!!
Post 594 IP   flag post
Better late than never. I've been gone all day nd ready to kick back and relax
Post 595 IP   flag post
I'm not catching it tonight. I'll be front and center for "Trilogy of Terror" next Saturday, though.
Post 596 IP   flag post

The world premiere of Svengoolie Uncrypted, TONIGHT!
Svengoolie's first hour-long primetime special premieres tonight, Oct. 1 at 9P | 8C! Svengoolie Uncrypted is filled with celebrities, long lost archives, and a crypt-shaking ending!

Stick around afterward for the season two premiere of Sventoonie! The red tuna of terror makes his second-season splash with the interestingly titled Eegah.

clickable text

Post 597 IP   flag post
Trilogy Of Terror Trailer (1975)

Post 598 IP   flag post
This is going to be fun!!!!
Post 599 IP   flag post
Less than 10 minutes to go!!!
Post 600 IP   flag post
It's on at our place. 👍
Post 601 IP   flag post
Karen Black Dies at 74
The star battled cancer for almost three years

By Associated Press and K.c. Blumm Published on August 8, 2013

Oscar-nominated actress Karen Black died Thursday at the age of 74 after a long battle with cancer.

The Easy Rider star’s husband, Stephen Eckelberry, announced her death on his Facebook page, saying, “It is with great sadness that I have to report that my wife and best friend Karen Black has just passed away, only a few minutes ago. Thank you all for all your prayers and love, they meant so much to her as they did to me.”

Black was diagnosed with ampullary cancer in November 2010 and had a third of her pancreas removed. She was declared cancer-free in 2011, but in March of this year, a fundraising page was set up to help raise public donations for experimental treatment in Europe that was not covered by insurance.

On Aug. 7, just a day before she passed, Eckelberry posted an update saying that Black had become bed-bound as the cancer had spread to her spine and back and they were unable to go to Europe. But he said he had “given up predicting what is going to happen to Karen.”

“You look at the scans, they tell you one thing, then you meet Karen, and what you are left with is how amazingly alive she is,” he wrote. “She can’t help but take life head-on and be completely engaged in the moment, always interested, always curious, always present.”

Award-Winning Roles

Known for her full lips and thick, wavy hair that seemed to change color from film to film, Black often portrayed women who were quirky, troubled or threatened. Her breakthrough was as a prostitute who takes LSD with Dennis Hopper and Peter Fonda in 1969’s Easy Rider, the hippie classic that helped get her the role of Rayette Dipesto, a waitress who dates – and is mistreated by – an upper-class dropout played by Jack Nicholson in 1970’s Five Easy Pieces.

Cited by The New York Times as a “pathetically appealing vulgarian,” Black’s performance won her an Oscar nomination and Golden Globe Award. She would recall that playing Rayette really was acting: The well-read, cerebral Black, raised in a comfortable Chicago suburb, had little in common with her relatively simple-minded character.

PHOTOS: Tributes: The Stars We’ve Lost in 2013

“If you look through the eyes of Rayette, it looks nice, really beautiful, light, not heavy, not serious. A very affectionate woman who would look upon things with love, and longing,” Black told Venice Magazine in 2007.

“A completely uncritical person, and in that sense, a beautiful person. When [director] Bob Rafelson called me to his office to discuss the part he said, ‘Karen, I’m worried you can’t play this role because you’re too smart.’ I said ‘Bob, when you call “action,” I will stop thinking,’ because that’s how Rayette is.'”

In 1971, Black starred with Nicholson again in Drive, He Said which Nicholson also directed. Over the next few years, she worked with such top actors and directors as Richard Benjamin (Portnoy’s Complaint), Robert Redford and Mia Farrow (The Great Gatsby) and Charlton Heston (Airport 1975).

She was nominated for a Grammy Award after writing and performing songs for Nashville, in which she played a country singer in Robert Altman’s 1975 ensemble epic. Black also starred as a jewel thief in Alfred Hitchcock’s last movie, Family Plot, released in 1976.

“We used to read each other poems and limericks and tried to catch me on my vocabulary,” she later said of Hitchcock. “He once said, ‘You seem very perspicacious today, Miss Black.’ I said, ‘Oh, you mean “keenly perceptive?” ‘Yes.’ So I got him this huge, gold-embossed dictionary that said ‘Diction-Harry,’ at the end of the shoot.”

Black was married four times. She is survived by Eckelberry, a son and a daughter.
Post 602 IP   flag post
Today on Svengoolie!
It! The Terror from Beyond Space (trailer)

Post 603 IP   flag post
I just posted this on the METV Svengoolie forum
Hopefully, we'll get some new groupies lol!

Post 604 IP   flag post

"$50,000 Guaranteed! The Revelation Shocker of Things to Come!" Original 1958 United Artists theatrical poster art with the “Insurance” gimmick/disclaimer tie-in for “It! The Terror from Beyond Space.” Sidebar: The “It! The Terror From Beyond Space” insurance policy gimmick was not connected to one of United Artists’ future owners, Transamerica! –C.H.
Post 605 IP   flag post
601523 738 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?