Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I don't have any Black Cat comics, but I do have a comic with a black cat on the cover.

Post 251 IP   flag post
Meowwwwwwwww
Post 252 IP   flag post

Post 253 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I really enjoyed the movie. The title made me think I had seen this before, but the entire movie activated no memory cells.

Maybe I'm thinking of some other classic cat movie.
Post 254 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
I really enjoyed the movie. The title made me think I had seen this before, but the entire movie activated no memory cells.

I was thinking the same thing about the title, but I had never seen it either. I enjoyed it, but it was very cheesy in my mind. I loved watching the "cement blocks" of the wall move whenever someone bumped into them!!!
Post 255 IP   flag post

I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

I was thinking the same thing about the title, but I had never seen it either. I enjoyed it, but it was very cheesy in my mind. I loved watching the "cement blocks" of the wall move whenever someone bumped into them!!!

Oh heck yeah.. IMO the cheesier the cooler.

Even the classic comic books can be so corny and cheesy,.. which makes them so much cooler.
Post 256 IP   flag post
This looks great!!

Post 257 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Sadly I'm going to miss out on this classic. I'm in Billings Montana for a few days.
Post 258 IP   flag post
No Svengoolies in Montana?
Post 259 IP   flag post
I'm sure I could find it on my computer but we'll be visiting my daughter
Post 260 IP   flag post
lol - I figured you were probably out of town visiting. Have a fun and safe weekend, and see you on the next Svengoolies classic. I have no idea what's next on their menu.
Post 261 IP   flag post
I like the recycled civil war hats!!!
Post 262 IP   flag post
Definitely enjoyable!!!
Post 263 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I liked it way more than I thought I would. It reminded me of Blade Runner a bit, especially the part with the robots (replicants) not knowing they were robots, replicants, and robots falling in love, Roy (Rutger Hower) and Pris (Darryl Hanna). And of course, robots/replicants eventually procreating - Blade Runner 2049 (didn't dig this movie much at all). Clearly not the best movie out there but some pretty cool ideas.
Post 264 IP   flag post
@sportshort when I was a preteen, I enjoyed reading Isaac Asimov novels and "Magnus the Robot Fighter" comics. The whole idea of robots killing humans has always gotten my full attention. Then the idea that robots could have human consciousness transferred into them and pass as human ... well ... mind blown!!!! I'd like to see a modern reboot of that movie. With the right finances, actors, effects department and director, I think it would be a massive hit.
Post 265 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O I hadn't thought that far ahead, but you know? that's a great idea. a little rewrite here and there and a better budget (I know, I know, you want to keep the civil war hats-lol), it would probably be a pretty good movie.
Post 266 IP   flag post
@sportshort LOL!! No, I'd ditch the hats and uniforms!!!

I think the concept and the general story line is solid. But there would need to be a lot of changes. Thankfully, we now have the CGI capability to really knock the set out of this world!! I just see this movie as being full of possibilities.

I can't remember the name of the TV show, but it was about androids that became sentient and escaped from their owners. If they were caught, they were reprogrammed. I think it flopped tremendously.

The main selling point for the movie, to me, is the transferring of human consciousness. It's the ultimate prosthetic!!! A person could live forever!!! That reminds me of a Queen song ....

Post 267 IP   flag post
Quote:
@sportshort when I was a preteen, I enjoyed reading Isaac Asimov novels and "Magnus the Robot Fighter" comics. The whole idea of robots killing humans has always gotten my full attention. Then the idea that robots could have human consciousness transferred into them and pass as human ... well ... mind blown!!!! I'd like to see a modern reboot of that movie. With the right finances, actors, effects department and director, I think it would be a massive hit.

I think that would be awesome! And I'm not talking about 93 minutes of edited theatrics with cool CGI,... but maybe 2-1/2 hours of some real cerebral meat.

And since we are discussing a futuristic remake (so to speak), would these robots be controlled by a Central AI..? Probably.

But WHAT IF all these robots that may develop human consciousness, or tap into the AI, come to the conclusion that things are not conforming to the idealistic way they think things should be. That would be pretty mind blowing,.. and chaotic as well.
Post 268 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I think that would be awesome! And I'm not talking about 93 minutes of edited theatrics with cool CGI,... but maybe 2-1/2 hours of some real cerebral meat.

And since we are discussing a futuristic remake (so to speak), would these robots be controlled by a Central AI..? Probably.

But WHAT IF all these robots that may develop human consciousness, or tap into the AI, come to the conclusion that things are not conforming to the idealistic way they think things should be. That would be pretty mind blowing,.. and chaotic as well.

Oh yeah, it'd have to be longer time wise, no doubt!!

While I like the idea of a central AI, I really like the idea of placing an individual's mental and emotional qualities in an android/robot. Can you imagine your body being virtually eternal with no health issues? I'm wondering how a person's morals and basic outlook on "life" would change when they are 300 years old with the body of a 20 year old. A reboot of "Creation of the Humanoids" could spark a whole new sci-fi series.

I get what you mean by a central AI and robots developing human consciousness and wanting to create an idealistic world. I think something like that would be awesome also. Basically, I'm all for robot/human hybrid storylines!! I blame Asimov!!! LOL
Post 269 IP   flag post
Asimov is AWESOME!
Post 270 IP   flag post

Post 271 IP   flag post
About 30 minutes to show time!!! I've never seen this one, but with Karloff AND Lugosi, I'll be there!!!

Post 272 IP   flag post
I'm there! I wasn't sure if I'd be back in time. Went to Freemont St. (here in Las Vegas) to go play around for my birthday (not for a couple of days yet) anyway, I won a couple of hundred and came home
Post 273 IP   flag post
Quote:
About 30 minutes to show time!!! I've never seen this one, but with Karloff AND Lugosi, I'll be there!!

I'm not sure I've seen this one. Just got my Stooges fix, so I am there.
Post 274 IP   flag post
Ok, I MAY have seen this one a long time ago. I knew the bellhop was going to say that he had a special way of knocking. So either there is another movie or show with that line, or I've seen this one.
Post 275 IP   flag post
Tonight Svengoolie is showing a very good movie!! It's been years since I've seen it and I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

Post 276 IP   flag post
I've never seen this and it looks awesome!

Post 277 IP   flag post
Collector Dawnstar private msg quote post Address this user
I was a fan. Haven't seen it since I was a kid but there was one funny line from the show I never forgot... After coming back from commercial he said, "And now back to The House Of Black Death!! It was the House Of Pancakes but they left em on the griddle too long." lol He was great
Post 278 IP   flag post
About a ½ hour to go!

Post 279 IP   flag post
That was pretty good!
Post 280 IP   flag post
601340 738 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?