CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Next Saturday, January 2, 2021

5 PM Pacific...

Post 1 IP   flag post
Post 2 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I watch every week.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@sportshort Great! If I forget, you can help and post a reminder.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
since i'm on the west coast it will be too late for some
Post 5 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Love it!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Thanks!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Tonight...

Post 8 IP   flag post
Tomorrow...

Watch 'The Leech Woman' at 8PM | 7C, Saturday, January 2nd, on MeTV.

Post 9 IP   flag post

Post 10 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
I watch Svengoolie every Saturday evening, immediately after the 2hr Three Stooges marathon.

"Leech Woman",... I can't recall ever watching this movie. The trailer looks good.

"Creature from the Black Lagoon" - Jan 16,... Awesome! Always enjoyed the original, but never cared much for the sequels.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
"Leech Woman" has now commenced.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Watching Leech Woman also
Post 13 IP   flag post

Post 14 IP   flag post
Svengoolie and The Beast with Five Fingers start in 5 minutes on METV!
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'll be watching both Svengoolie and Washington vs Tampa Bay.
Post 16 IP   flag post

Peter Lorre dies
Actor starred in 'M,' 'Casablanca'

By Variety Staff
March 23, 1964

Peter Lorre, 59, Hungarian-born actor whose deceptively mild manner and low-pitched voice made him one of motion pictures’ favorite villains, died in Hollywod March 23 of a stroke. Lorre has recently completed role in Jerry Lewis’ “The Patsy” and was due to start AIP’s “Bikini Beach” on April 12.

When Fritz Lang selected him for the pathological killer in his German-made “M,” Lorre created one of the screen’s classic criminals and started his lengthy motion picture career. While in England to make “The Man Who Knew Too Much,” Lorre learned English and in 1934, went to Hollywood.

Important credits during his film years include “Casablanca,” “The Maltese Falcon,” “Beast with Five Fingers” and “20,000 Leagues under the Sea.”

His estranged wife Annemarie was due in court on day of his death to obtain a default divorce decree. He is survived by a daughter.

— Based on Variety’s March 25, 1964 obit
Post 17 IP   flag post
Creature From The Black Lagoon - commences in less than 30 minutes.

I'll also be watching tonight's NFL playoff game. Movie on the TV, game on the laptop - like at a tennis match.... left-right, left-right, left-right.....
Post 18 IP   flag post
I was on vacation last Saturday so I recorded Creature From The Black Lagoon. I thought I'd watch it now. I love the Universal monsters (and Julie Adams)!

Post 19 IP   flag post
As a publicity stunt, Universal Studios once declared her legs "the most perfectly symmetrical in the world" and insured them for $125,000.

Post 20 IP   flag post
The Atomic Monster trailer 1941 aka Man Made Monster with Lionel Atwill and Lon Chaney Jr.

Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
I was on vacation last Saturday so I recorded Creature From The Black Lagoon. I thought I'd watch it now. I love the Universal monsters (and Julie Adams)!

I remember me and my friends getting 3-D glasses at 7-eleven when I was a kid and watching Creature from the Black Lagoon on Svengoolie in 3D. It seemed like a big event at the time. The 3D was a huge disappointment but it's a great memory.
Post 22 IP   flag post
@Helric1 3-D was high tech back then lol!
Post 23 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster - Julie Adams had quite a career in films and television. She shared the big screen with James Stewart, Rock Hudson, Tyrone Powell, Charlton Heston, Glenn Ford, and even Elvis! And on TV she was Sheriff Andy Taylor's girlfriend on the Andy Griffith Show, Chuck Connors' girlfriend on the Rifleman, and James Stewart's wife on the Jimmy Stewart Show. Not to mention guest-starring roles on Perry Mason (including the once case he lost!), Maverick, the Incredible Hulk, Murder She Wrote, and so many more. Sadly, she passed two years ago at age 92. She will live on forever in so many great memories.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Atomic Monster/Man Made Monster. I can't recall ever seeing this one. Starts in less than 20 minutes.
Post 25 IP   flag post
I'm all set to go!
Post 26 IP   flag post
What does it say about me that I actually liked his "man with three ears" bit?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
What does it say about me that I actually liked his "man with three ears" bit?

I have absolutely no idea what that is about. Never heard of it.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Paul seems to be a power-hungry jerk!
Post 29 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder it was a bit Svengoolie did tonight. He was doing a sideshow parody like "see the man eating lobster" and then he shows a man eating a lobster. The three ears bit was "see the man with three ears". Then he shows a picture of Shatner as Captain Kirk. He explains that Kirk has a right ear, a left ear and (insert drumrol) the final front-ear!!! Yeah, it's stupid, but I laughed.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600782 738 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?