Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Are these promotional prints?13595

Collector ajdmagick private msg quote post Address this user
I was wondering if anyone could tell me are these promotional prints? I got these at my lcs and these were found in a bag and board tucked away in a long box. They are blank on the back so they aren't actual covers that were cut from books. They appear to be prints of some sort and in the place where the 50 years of Captain America would be is a Jim Lee Lee signature. I have never seen these and wanted to know where they promotional items that shops gave away? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Post 1 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I've never seen these. The sigs look identical, so I'm thinking they're printed. These could be preview inserts.
How do they feel compared to a comic cover? Are they at all thicker, like on a poster?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Siggy yes they feel a little different they aren't thick but they have a different feel from a normal cover I would say like poster. I agree the signatures look like they are printed. I thought the same that these were inserts but I never saw these. I remember when these books came out I bought them years ago and never saw anything like these.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Following
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector CEPubDude private msg quote post Address this user
Peeping...
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
The sig does not really look like his, though...at least not the way his sig looks now.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
20 years of conventions and other signings will shorten a sig.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
My guess is they are some type of promotion item that were sent out to comic shops with their orders.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thank you all for the replies.
Post 9 IP   flag post
601477 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?