Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Covers with Heroes from Different Publishers1356

Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
I wanted to ask if anyone that has a Machine Man #19 graded if it has mentioned the people in Batman & Superman costumes on the cover on the slab.

Also how common is it to have characters from different publishers on covers in a comic that is not a special cross over issue? I have my copy of MM #19 sent in and was curious if it was special enough for it to be mentioned.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
I don't have a graded copy, but I would guess no mention would be made. I seem to recall Clark Kent and Lois Lane making an appearance in a Marvel book (can't remember which) and I think mention is made of it, but I honestly cannot remember if the mention was on a label or in a price guide.

Mentioning Lois and Clark makes sense since it's them (or supposed to be), whereas the MM is just the costumes.

2c
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector HelmOhio private msg quote post Address this user
I have that Clark & Lois appearance somewhere ... just can't remember what book is in ...
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelmOhio
I have that Clark & Lois appearance somewhere ... just can't remember what book is in ...
Thor #341? Clark and Lois are also in at least one Avengers, and Clark appears on TV in a Marvel Team Up(among others I'm forgetting).
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I have a spider-man superman comic book. It looks weird.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinthecity
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelmOhio
Thor #341? Clark and Lois are also in at least one Avengers, and Clark appears on TV in a Marvel Team Up(among others I'm forgetting).

That Thor #341 issue looks interesting to me. How they make some fun lil Superman references. I may have to pick that up.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
@enaz13 The Simonson Thor run rocks!
Post 7 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here's the cover and panels. I have multiple copies available (for most Thor's in the 340's).

Post 8 IP   flag post

I finally got my Machine Man #19. It didn't mention the Superman & Batman costumes on the cover like it wish it did (although from people's comments it would of been a surprise).
Post 9 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I'm kind of surprised Not Brand Echh hasn't been mentioned yet

Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I'm kind of surprised Not Brand Echh hasn't been mentioned yet

I totally forgot about those. I only found out about them after having this forum discussion with the owner of my local comic shop. I'll probably buy some issues because I do love the crazy things they come up with.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Because of this thread I ended picked up some Brand Echh

Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Does this count? Jughead on an Image comic cover:

Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinthecity
Does this count? Jughead on an Image comic cover:

I would say so. That's definitely a bit odd, at least from someone that doesn't know anything about the comic.
Post 14 IP   flag post
600726 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?