Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector badgrandpa private msg quote post Address this user
I did check the newbie guide and searched (a little) for an answer but did not see it.

I am new to getting books graded and just want to make sure I understand the order/submission process.

I have a couple of books (Modern) I want to start out with, I added them, chose press and grade screening + image. I added them and my total for the order is only $24. Is the $24 just the total for the extra stuff? pressing etc, or am I submitting them wrong and not getting the price for grading?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
With grade screening; you will be charged accordingly after the screening. If a book does not pass the grade screen; you will pay for standard grading $10 (Mylar bag & board with seal). If the book passes grade screening you will pay for the grading & encapsulation $18.

So you’d be paying for the selected services up front then the grading after screening.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector badgrandpa private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash ty for the quick answer. Submitting my books now
Post 3 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgrandpa
@HulkSmash ty for the quick answer. Submitting my books now

NP. Welcome!
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@badgrandpa Love your name! (great movie too!)
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
If a book does not pass the grade screen; you will pay for standard grading $10 (Mylar bag

Judging from the information @badgrandpa provided I don’t think that is 100% correct.

Raw Grading in the event of a failed grade screen is optional if Raw Grade is selected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCS Website
One important feature of the Raw Grade service is that it can be utilized in conjunction with CBCS’s Grade Screen option. When chosen during the submission process, any book that fails its CBCS Grade Screen can automatically be graded using the Raw Grade service.

Otherwise, books that fail grade screen are simply returned ungraded. There is no additional fee so long as a good number of screened books pass their screen.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite you are correct. I made the assumption grading was being done regardless.
Post 7 IP   flag post
597883 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?