Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Board Rules about Political Posts: Please Read13511

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
In the past there has been no rule about discussing politics on the CBCS Forum. Violations happened if there was a disruptive post or if posts became personal disputes between users. The moderation team has decided that it is time to modify the rule, or in this case, lack of a rule. Going forward, political posts will not be allowed on the CBCS Forum.

Let me repeat that; Going forward, political posts will not be allowed on the CBCS Forum.

This is the one and only warning. Making posts about (but not limited to) political subjects, political parties, or someone else's political leanings will result in the offender being given a strike.

My hope is that everyone here can talk about the one passion we all share, and do so in peace and harmony. Each of us is different, and that's what makes us awesome!

Happy collecting!
Steve
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector GAC private msg quote post Address this user
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»πŸ»
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
can you pin this to the top and lock it...that way it's there for everyone to see for all time (thinking about new people to the board who may not see it!)
Post 4 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics I'm going to let it float for a day because not everyone reads the stickied threads. This will give more people a chance to see it. I'll pin it tomorrow.

I'm also going to add the rule to the forum rule threads that are already pinned, but I may not get to that today.
Post 5 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Nevermind, I went ahead and put it into the already pinned threads. I'll pin this one tomorrow.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Nevermind, I went ahead and put it into the already pinned threads. I'll pin this one tomorrow.


Do politic comics like basing or complimenting Trump or any official not allowed?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I vote not to pin this thread. Pretty soon we will all have to move to the 2nd page to read new threads πŸ‘
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
The politics are driving everyone crazy.Lets keep it quite guys.The boss is watching us.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Dang. I was gonna roast our city councilman something good, too.
We can still bash Nazis, right?

EDIT: If it's comic related, I mean.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you. This place should be a safe haven for nonpolitical discussions. There were many threads that have gotten locked because the discussion veered off to politics. This should be, first and foremost, about comics related stuff. Which side you affiliate yourself with is your business, I am just here to poke fun at PGX and drool over good slabs I wish I had. Bless you all.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thick Skinned OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Long overdue. I suggested this a while back because of strong divisive issues. THANK YOU!
Post 13 IP   flag post
CBCS President & Comic Cover Connoisseur sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Comic books are more fun than politics!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
If y'all need a political fix that won't raise your blood pressure I suggest "The Crown" on Netflix. Been watching every night for the last couple weeks. Seems the Royals have a knack for falling in love with people that custom does not permit them to marry. It's politics British style, lol.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
So the forum is like the bar now. Excellent.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
So the forum is like the bar now. Excellent.


Is the forum shut down?
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
So the forum is like the bar now. Excellent.


Is the forum shut down?


More importantly, is the forum serving alcohol?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm definitely happy with this... very happy.
My lone caveat burning in my gut - there's always that gray area, particularly with comics.
And it's the gray area that worries me; not the black & white.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Maritimer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
If y'all need a political fix that won't raise your blood pressure I suggest "The Crown" on Netflix. Been watching every night for the last couple weeks. Seems the Royals have a knack for falling in love with people that custom does not permit them to marry. It's politics British style, lol.


Great series! Top notch acting (Claire Foy and Matt Smith nail it) and it's a walk through history. Harold Wilson was my favourite British PM to interact with the Queen and my fave episode was 'Dear Mrs. Kennedy" in Season 1.

And yes, Royal protocol messed up a bunch of lives.
Post 21 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
This should have happened a long time ago.


Post 22 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritimer
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
If y'all need a political fix that won't raise your blood pressure I suggest "The Crown" on Netflix. Been watching every night for the last couple weeks. Seems the Royals have a knack for falling in love with people that custom does not permit them to marry. It's politics British style, lol.


Great series! Top notch acting (Claire Foy and Matt Smith nail it) and it's a walk through history. Harold Wilson was my favourite British PM to interact with the Queen and my fave episode was 'Dear Mrs. Kennedy" in Season 1.

And yes, Royal protocol messed up a bunch of lives.


@Maritimer, It took me about 4 episodes to really appreciate just how good the acting is. Claire Foy and Matt Smith both have amazing screen charisma, but Matt Smith steals the show in my opinion. The only actor I could think of who might portray a young Prince Philip better would be Jude Law.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
In four years some people are gonna have a hard time. There's always someone who just can't resist and it's the gray areas where it usually starts, like if someone wants to discuss the ASM Obama cover. I know absolutely zip about what happens between the covers, so I don't know how political it gets, but just having him, or any former president on a cover can open the door.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
In four years some people are gonna have a hard time. There's always someone who just can't resist and it's the gray areas where it usually starts, like if someone wants to discuss the ASM Obama cover. I know absolutely zip about what happens between the covers, so I don't know how political it gets, but just having him, or any former president on a cover can open the door.


That’s why I asked and have not gotten an answer.
Post 25 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
But out of the thousands of covers of different books, why tempt fate with a political cover?

After the warning, common sense should say skip it. If not you take the suspension, apologize and learn from your mistake.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
But out of the thousands of covers of different books, why tempt fate with a political cover?


It could start innocently with a post in "What's new to your collection?"
Post 27 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I made what I thought was an innocent remark and I got a 1 week suspension. I apologized to the moderator and took the suspension without argument and I carry on being more mindful on what I choose to say and participate in.

If a person chooses to enter a grey area that is a risk they take. If they get burned then just like a child touching a hot stove they learn consequence. If they are incapable of learning, then they dont need to be participating in my opinion.

There isn't a law forcing folks to comment even if the cover is politically tinged. Im told even a child can learn not to be blatantly honest about the overweight stranger or homeless gentleman. I've seen plenty of covers I find "questionable", I skip over it and go check on the ones I do like. Hell there are conversations I find rude racist or just offensive. I step past it. Its part of being an adult.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I made what I thought was an innocent remark and I got a 1 week suspension. I apologized to the moderator and took the suspension without argument and I carry on being more mindful on what I choose to say and participate in.

If a person chooses to enter a grey area that is a risk they take. If they get burned then just like a child touching a hot stove they learn consequence. If they are incapable of learning, then they dont need to be participating in my opinion.

There isn't a law forcing folks to comment even if the cover is politically tinged. Im told even a child can learn not to be blatantly honest about the overweight stranger or homeless gentleman. I've seen plenty of covers I find "questionable", I skip over it and go check on the ones I do like. Hell there are conversations I find rude racist or just offensive. I step past it. Its part of being an adult.


I agree, but there is always "that person" who can't resist once a gray area opens the door. The late ConditionFreak was that kind of person. He got a time out every time iirc- He just couldn't not post.
Post 29 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
In four years some people are gonna have a hard time. There's always someone who just can't resist and it's the gray areas where it usually starts, like if someone wants to discuss the ASM Obama cover. I know absolutely zip about what happens between the covers, so I don't know how political it gets, but just having him, or any former president on a cover can open the door.


That’s why I asked and have not gotten an answer.

When in doubt leave it out and do without.
Post 30 IP   flag post
419160 108 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.