Questions

Board Rules about Political Posts: Please Read13511

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user

and the first edit and second edit/accusation too
Post 101 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
If Ted or anyone posts something that could be considered political to some of our less tolerant members, then Jessie gets 5-6 messages saying it’s political.

@Jabberwookie Snitching (reporting posts) should be an automatic one day suspension and a public pantsing.
Post 102 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
If Ted or anyone posts something that could be considered political to some of our less tolerant members, then Jessie gets 5-6 messages saying it’s political.

@Jabberwookie Snitching (reporting posts) should be an automatic one day suspension and a public pantsing.

Post 103 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:

That, and I'm wiling to bet that regardless of other forum member's opinions, Jesse and any other moderators, are competent enough to judge a post's political-ness based on its own merit in spite of how many notifications they might receive.

That being said, if a post is in any way political, then just don't post it or create an outside link to it. It's that simple. You know, when I was little, my cousin talked me into peeing on an electric fence. After that, I didn't pee on three other fences to see if the same thing would happen. Lesson learned the first time.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson it’s not about competence or incompetence; it’s just human nature.

If a poster posts something perceived as political and they send a PM to Jessie, it’s already framed as an issue.

If two or three people do it then the moderator might already have enough of a bias to do something.

We see that happen in sports, the media, everywhere.

One side cries no fair, and whatever governing authority moderates their behavior in favor of the complainer.

Unless the mods are reading every post, then they are operating off complaints.

I’m not saying the folks here are bad, incompetent or malicious. I’m saying their human and just suggesting some recalibration.

Trying to make boards better isn’t a bad or hostile thing.

And, if we want to make this around one-person, it doesn’t really matter about that person.

If I were running things, I wouldn’t let him back unless there were really serious errors.

It would set a bad precedent that complaining gets results.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I'm curious why the questions being asked aren't being sought via PM. The rules of the forum state the following:

"Do not question moderators or a moderator's actions in the open forum. Use private messages to chat with moderators."
Post 106 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Worst thread ever....
Post 107 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 108 IP   flag post
602909 108 8
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.