Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Return Shipping Question...13486

Collector Trespa68 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all...I have been on the forum for a while, but more as just a reader then a poster! But I have a question for all you knowledgeable folks....

In the past when i have submitted books, I was always home to receive the FedEx return package and sign for it. Now, with a new job, and everyone else in the house not available during the day I have no one here to sign for packages. Are there other shipping options available? Can one ship directly to a local FedEx facility for pickup?

Thanks in advance for the help....

S-
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Once you have a tracking number, you should be able to use FedEx website to redirect the package to a local Walgreens or have it held at FedEx location. If you have a FedEx account, you should be able to have a blanket “hold” put on your address, too.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Broker1 private msg quote post Address this user
I use a Kinko's FedEx location as my shipping address. They hold my box, send me a text and I have 5 days to pick it up
Post 3 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Good to have you, @Trespa68.

I'll second what @cyrano0521 said: I generally redirect FedEx packages from CBCS to my local Walgreen's. The package remains there safe and sound until I get time to go pick it up. It's been a great option for me since, like you, I'm generally at work during the day. Well, I was pre-Covid, anyway.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Trespa68 - Welcome to the CBCS family. Get the FedEx app for your phone or iPad. It’s free and will track your package. It also allows you to set a different delivery location - a place like a local Walmart or other store, as other posters have mentioned. By the way, I have received several FedEx packages over the last 8 or 9 months, some from CBCS too, and even though they were listed as “signature required” not one driver asked for a signature, the packages were just left on my front stairs. Good luck, and make sure you share some pictures with us!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I’d opt for a alternate delivery address. Because of COVID drivers are not “required” to have you sign. It’s more of good faith that they didn’t leave the package unattended. My perspective is they should make damn sure someone is available to accept a package that requires a signature, but that is not happening. Aside from valuables being left unattended; it’s super annoying at work when they drop unnoticed. I kinda need to know product was delivered even if I don’t sign for it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Trespa68 private msg quote post Address this user
So, on my end, it looks like the consensus is get the FedEx app, wait for a tracking number, and change the destination to a local pickup place.

Here's another quick question: How about sending submissions down to CBCS? Do they accept different delivery services? I am hesitant to use USPS, especially during the holiday season. (But I really want to take advantage of the December coupon!)
Post 7 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Sure, I think they'll accept any method that can get the package to them. Just make sure you insure any books that you send just to be safe.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Trespa68 yep! any way you can get the books to them they will accept...well...maybe not pony express or carrier pigeon!!
I've sent from FedEx (Canada), USPS (when the boarder was open) and CANPAR with no issues!
Post 9 IP   flag post
600783 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?