Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

All down hill for the USPS13473

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
USPS must be jammed up.

Had a second customer today asking me to fill out the where is my package form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MASAmH6JbWs
Post 151 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:
USPS must be jammed up.

Had a second customer today asking me to fill out the where is my package form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MASAmH6JbWs

Absolute bullshit.

If USPS tracking has no activity for 10 days but the package is still in transit the seller has done his job.

3 weeks to a month with no activity might be another story.

Ebay is going to put sellers out of business if they keep this up.
Post 152 IP   flag post
@drchaos

In case you have not noticed it ebay has changed the requirement to win an appeal. Before you could win an appeal if the tracking shows delivered. Now ebay has changed the requirement so that it needs to be delivered within the estimated delivery time in order to win an appeal.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards/appeal-defect?id=4871&st=12&pos=1&query=Appeal%20a%20defect&intent=appeal
Post 153 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@drchaos

In case you have not noticed it ebay has changed the requirement to win an appeal. Before you could win an appeal if the tracking shows delivered. Now ebay has changed the requirement so that it needs to be delivered within the estimated delivery time.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling/seller-levels-performance-standards/appeal-defect?id=4871&st=12&pos=1&query=Appeal%20a%20defect&intent=appeal

I am considering shorting ebay stock.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
@drchaos

In case you have not noticed it ebay has changed the requirement to win an appeal. Before you could win an appeal if the tracking shows delivered. Now ebay has changed the requirement so that it needs to be delivered within the estimated delivery time.

I am considering shorting ebay stock.

They are making a lot of money. They are no relying on sellers like us.

Instead consider to use a different courier during X-mas
Post 155 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos @poka How about a thread revealing the Ebay names of buyers who have been unreasonable during these difficult shipping times? Then other sellers here can block them. And if they ever google their Ebay username, they can find that their unreasonable actions had consequences.
Post 156 IP   flag post
Collector Redmisty4me private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
@drchaos @poka How about a thread revealing the Ebay names of buyers who have been unreasonable during these difficult shipping times? Then other sellers here can block them. And if they ever google their Ebay username, they can find that their unreasonable actions had consequences.

What does "unreasonable" mean?
Post 157 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
Calling people was a bust for me until the package was marked as delivered, so if you don't want to wait I guess I would suggest going to your post office and having them look up the tracking. Once someone can see that it's in completely the wrong place, they can flag it for you one way or another.

I'm not sure it IS in the wrong place. It was going to MCS and it says, "Your item arrived at the ARLINGTON, TX 76010 post office at 12:45 pm on December 26, 2020 and is ready for pickup." It also says it was out for delivery before that, but I don't know why they wouldn't have left it. Even if no one is there on Saturday (?), they must have a place for packages. And it didn't require a signature (though they might have thought it did, since I used a CGC box).

Anyway, I'll try to call someone tomorrow, see if I can get some more information. But it isn't really late yet, compared to some ... I just mailed it on the 23rd, and the expected delivery date is tomorrow.

While the package COULD be in the wrong place, the more common mistake is a scan error that said it was in the wrong place.

Years ago i sold an AF 15 on eBay and shipped it Registered Mail. Both my customer and myself were quite agitated when tracking said it was in Chicago, Illinois - first "out for delivery" and then "available for pick up" later in the day. I had no luck calling USPS. Customer service at 1-800 could only tell me what was on tracking - and no one answered the phone at the USPS branch the package was supposed to be at. Not for Customer Service, not for me.

Two days later the package showed up in Chico, CA. Which is where it was supposed to be.

So more than likely - at some time in (hopefully near) future tracking will show it's actually at or traveling to where it is supposed to be.
Post 158 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmisty4me
Quote:

What @Poka was referring to. The buyers who are taking steps that knock the sellers feedback or reputation based on shipping delays that were out of the sellers control.

Post 159 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I liken the watching of my shipment packages "In"; as well as packages "Sent" as sitting in the corner of a room and watching Paint dry.

Seriously - has anything moved since before Christmas? This is painful
Post 160 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What @Poka was referring to. The buyers who are taking steps that knock the sellers feedback or reputation based on shipping delays that were out of the sellers control.

I guess I'm not a big fan of blacklisting, especially when people who aren't sellers & dealing with this stuff every day (& thus sharing our knowledge) are just seeking their expected goods.

eBay & USPS delays are the problem, not buyers who just want their stuff.

Holding our much more extensive awareness about these issues against Joe Buyer just feels excessive to me.
Post 161 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I liken the watching of my shipment packages "In"; as well as packages "Sent" as sitting in the corner of a room and watching Paint dry.

Seriously - has anything moved since before Christmas? This is painful

A tiny purchase I made weeks ago has FINALLY arrived; it's really been something, but COVID...
Post 162 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I guess I'm not a big fan of blacklisting, especially when people who aren't sellers & dealing with this stuff every day (& thus sharing our knowledge) are just seeking their expected goods.

Holding our much more extensive awareness about these issues against Joe Buyer just feels excessive to me.

Working over a seller to get a full refund for a book you receive is not the sort of behavior that should be tolerated on this forum.

Outing bad buyers is every bit as important as outing bad sellers if we want this hobby to thrive.
Post 163 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Working over a seller to get a full refund for a book you receive is not the sort of behavior that should be tolerated on this forum.

Outing bad buyers is every bit as important as outing bad sellers if we want this hobby to thrive.

Wha'?

Who is doing that?

Did I miss something?

Can you point me to the post that claimed anything of this kind happened?
Post 164 IP   flag post
Quote:

Wha'?

Who is doing that?

Did I miss something?

ebay's new policy gives buyers the opportunity to use the delays at the post office to file an item not received claim and win if the tracking has not shown the item moving within ten days.

After receiving the forced ebay refund from the seller the buyer then received the item they ordered as described when the post office gets their shit together and finally delivers the items.

Buyer ends up with the item they ordered, a full refund, and probably positive feedback the unwitting seller gave them at the time of payment.

Meanwhile the seller is out the item with no compensation and is out of pocket for shipping costs.

Buyers who exploit this policy to steal from honest sellers should be outed here.

That is what the exchange here is about.
Post 165 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Wha'?

Who is doing that?

Did I miss something?

ebay's new policy gives buyers the opportunity to use the delays at the post office to file an item not received claim and win if the tracking has not shown the item moving within ten days.

After receiving the forced ebay refund from the seller the buyer then received the item they ordered as described when the post office gets their shit together and finally delivers the items.

Buyer ends up with the item they ordered, a full refund, and probably positive feedback the unwitting seller gave them at the time of payment.

Meanwhile the seller is out the item with no compensation and is out of pocket for shipping costs.

Buyers who exploit this policy to steal from honest sellers should be outed here.

That is what the exchange here is about.

So you're just creating an imaginary bad guy buyer, and saying they should be outed/blacklisted if they ever actually materialize?

It seems like an exercise in overactive imagination to me, but have at it.
Post 166 IP   flag post
@Redmisty4me

@EbaySeller is the one who made the suggestion but I agree with him.

It may seem silly to you but if you were sending $1,000+ plus books out to strangers who bought them from you on ebay on a regular basis you should be terrified.
Post 167 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Redmisty4me

@EbaySeller is the one who made the suggestion but I agree with him.

It may seem silly to you but if you were sending $1,000+ plus books out to strangers who bought them from you on ebay on a regular basis you should be terrified.

I didn't say it seemed silly, and you have no idea what I'm sending out on a regular basis.

I understand the concern and sense of vulnerability, and if this now imaginary Evil Buyer shows up & gets somebody's $1k book AND a refund AND eBay doesn't correct it, I'd like to know about it, sure.

But to claim that anyone *should* be terrified by the fantasy that sellers are going to be plundered, and that we thus need to set up blacklists?

THAT is silly.

The only thing we have to fear?

Fear itself.
Post 168 IP   flag post
@Redmisty4me

If you like your cardboard box you can keep your cardboard box.
Post 169 IP   flag post
earlier this year there was a similar delay. i had to refund about 10 buyers. out of the 10 - 8 of them gave back the refund (less a discount i offered them for the delay) after i reached out to them after they finally received their package . 2 buyers got their books for free - about $150 in total as they ignored me. this time i have about $2k books outstanding - so will see. i managed to switch over to UPS for all valuable books (and they are all delivered) except for 1 ($1k book ) which is with usps - shipped dec 12 as 2 days priority and no update in tracking yet.
Post 170 IP   flag post
I think all that @drchaos is trying to say is that, in any walk of life, if there is a way to take advantage of someone, there are a small percentage of individuals that will.
It may be purposeful, and yes it may just be pure old lack of patience (no ill will intended)

As a seller I would want to know either case - individuals who are either purposely taking advantage and those that have little to no patience. They are out there as I have encountered them myself.

And I'd just rather not deal with either situation as a seller, because ultimately I am the one that suffers with this Post Office currently operating like a 6 year old's lemonade stand. It's pathetic.

We Ebay sellers on here are generally the little guys; not Amazon or Walmart and every return; every Ebay Case, every "I don't want to wait anymore" is just not something we want to deal with going forward. Either situation has either a aura of dishonesty (when purposeful) or a P.I.A. (when patience is not a virtue).
I'd just prefer to block either situation as buyers, since I don't need nonsense in my tiny little Ebay seller life.
Post 171 IP   flag post
As a side note: For most of my entire life I've thought the DMV to be the worst run "entity" out there in the public. This last year has gotten me to the point where USPS is beginning to take that #1 spot on my sh&t list over the DMV for poorly run entities.
Post 172 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Redmisty4me

If you like your cardboard box you can keep your cardboard box.

I have no idea what that means, but the whole issue is now moot - the crazy shipping season is over, and we don't have to compete with gramma's cookies anymore.

As far as the idea that eBay would start refunding buyers who haven't gotten their $1k books when they can clearly see the good record of a seller, the record of the buyer (including how new they are to eBay), the tracking information, and are painfully aware of delays with ALL carriers, it was always a far-fetched fear.

These refunds are for $10-$15 doodads from China to keep impatient new buyers happy, not to jump into the transactions of good sellers acting in good faith on high value transactions delayed by unprecedented USPS volume.

The concerns expressed here are just a variation on the box of rocks urban myth; ghost stories designed to pass the fear around.
Post 173 IP   flag post
Quote:
earlier this year there was a similar delay. i had to refund about 10 buyers. out of the 10 - 8 of them gave back the refund (less a discount i offered them for the delay) after i reached out to them after they finally received their package . 2 buyers got their books for free - about $150 in total as they ignored me. this time i have about $2k books outstanding - so will see. i managed to switch over to UPS for all valuable books (and they are all delivered) except for 1 ($1k book ) which is with usps - shipped dec 12 as 2 days priority and no update in tracking yet.

Thank you for sharing this, and I'm guessing this may have been happening before eBay got wind of the overall USPS COVID delays.

I'm assuming you reported the 2 buyers to eBay & got your money back?

I hope all is well with the package you have out now, and I'm guessing it will be.
Post 174 IP   flag post
Quote:
I think all that @drchaos is trying to say is that, in any walk of life, if there is a way to take advantage of someone, there are a small percentage of individuals that will.
It may be purposeful, and yes it may just be pure old lack of patience (no ill will intended)

As a seller I would want to know either case - individuals who are either purposely taking advantage and those that have little to no patience. They are out there as I have encountered them myself.

And I'd just rather not deal with either situation as a seller, because ultimately I am the one that suffers with this Post Office currently operating like a 6 year old's lemonade stand. It's pathetic.

We Ebay sellers on here are generally the little guys; not Amazon or Walmart and every return; every Ebay Case, every "I don't want to wait anymore" is just not something we want to deal with going forward. Either situation has either a aura of dishonesty (when purposeful) or a P.I.A. (when patience is not a virtue).
I'd just prefer to block either situation as buyers, since I don't need nonsense in my tiny little Ebay seller life.

I understand, and have had to deal with some serious eBay nutjobs myself.

But a blacklist for anything other than the most unlikely egregious behavior...?
Post 175 IP   flag post
Quote:
As a side note: For most of my entire life I've thought the DMV to be the worst run "entity" out there in the public. This last year has gotten me to the point where USPS is beginning to take that #1 spot on my sh&t list over the DMV for poorly run entities.

I think the USPS has come through like a champ for the past year, but the DMV IS a nightmare, especially now.
Post 176 IP   flag post
Quote:
But a blacklist for anything other than the most unlikely egregious behavior...?

My company has a negative Yelp review from someone who was upset that we don't travel to her city for work. Never did any business with us, just doesn't like that we don't service her side of the county line. Internet and Social Media have made the buyer/seller relationship so completely out of balance. Big companies don't have to worry much about this and even customers have no leverage with them. But the general public has significant leverage over small operators, even when they are not a customer.
At least with Yelp we can sometimes look up a potential customer and see what they've said or done to other businesses, before we sign a contract with them. With Ebay a seller has pretty much no say in the quality of customer they are agreeing to do business with it. I don't think it would be such an extreme "blacklist" to know who's lack of patience during a global crises has caused problems for other sellers.
Post 177 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
My company has a negative Yelp review from someone who was upset that we don't travel to her city for work. Never did any business with us, just doesn't like that we don't service her side of the county line.

I think you can get that removed, if they aren't a customer. Yelp doesn't like reviews from people who have never used the service they are reviewing.
Post 178 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I have had customers try to hold me hostage with the threat of a bad online review. I always just tell them to write what they feel is necessary, but I know that I have always treated them correctly and fairly.
Post 179 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you for sharing this, and I'm guessing this may have been happening before eBay got wind of the overall USPS COVID delays.

I'm assuming you reported the 2 buyers to eBay & got your money back?

I hope all is well with the package you have out now, and I'm guessing it will be.

Ebay policy is that if buyer do not get their books within estimated delivery time and open a "id not receive case" as a seller you have two options, 1) you refund buyer. If buyer subsequently receives the package it is up to the buyer to decide whether to give back your refund. Ebay will not assist. 2) If you do not refund, ebay will refund on your behalf. Previously, if the package subsequently was delivered within 30 days of the closed case, you could appeal and ebay would refund you. Ebay has now changed the policy that unless package was delivered at the time ebay refund, ebay will no longer assist / refund you

So in short to your question - no the $150 was a business loss.

On a good note, I just checked and my $1k package is moving again after almost 3 weeks
Post 180 IP   flag post
598059 340 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?