Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversCBCS Graded

Post your best of 2020!13466

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
2020 is almost over!

Time to look back on the best new additions to your collection added in 2020!

For me, with pretty much every major convention cancelled meant that this year I spent more on sketch covers. Here are a couple but I’m hoping to have a few more pieces slip in just before the end of the year!

I absolutely love this cover by Peach Momoko! I had arranged for it late last year before everything went crazy. I love her covers and some are now a little more expensive than I’d want to pay but I’ll always have this one!

So this one I’d actually been thinking about for years! It’s based on the video game Epic Mickey where Mickey finds he accidentally ruined an alternate Disneyland created for Disney’s forgotten characters. In this land, Mickey isn’t the leader but his “big brother” Oswald the Lucky Rabbit is and at the end of Main Street is this version of the famous “Partners” statue that replaces Mickey with Oswald.

I’ll definitely be posting more once I get home but I wanted to start the ball rolling!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user

From my Crain signing. Got a 300 silver signed too at a 9.6.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector WndrWmn74 private msg quote post Address this user

Signed by Ray Parks. The actor who played Darth Maul in Star Wars.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Huge year for me.

Here are the highlights

Bought these as well

ALL STAR COMICS (1940-78) #5, CGC FN-: 5.5
JUNIOR COMICS (1947-48) #16, CGC F/VF: 7.0
FIGHT COMICS (1940-54) #41, CGC VF-: 7.5
ALL AMERICAN COMICS #90, CGC F/VF: 7.0
ALL AMERICAN COMICS #92, CGC F/VF: 7.0
SLAVE GIRL COMICS #1, CGC FN+: 6.5
RANGERS COMICS (1941-53) #31, CGC VF: 8.0
RANGERS COMICS (1941-53) #27, CGC FN: 6.0
SILVER SURFER (1968-70) #9, CGC NM+: 9.6
STRANGE ADVENTURES #180, CGC VF: 8.0
THOR (1966-96; 2009-11) #156, CGC NM/M: 9.8
AQUAMAN (1962-78) #1, CGC FN: 6.0
AQUAMAN (1962-78) #29, CGC VF/NM: 9.0
ANNIE OAKLEY #1, CGC VF-: 7.5
MY GREATEST ADVENTURE #80, CGC FN: 6.0
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
After @drchaos just dropped the mic, I feel like most anything else is a letdown, but here are a few of my best from this year...

A few other Jumbo and Planet Comics in there I don't have pictures of handy.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@CatCovers I am a big fan of Planet comics but can't seem to keep them in stock.

Every time I get one or two they end up selling quickly.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

[/img]

I’ll definitely be posting more once I get home but I wanted to start the ball rolling!

Congrats on the Momoko sketch.

The artist is so hot now that I am sure the price is higher now.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Torn between keeping all of these, or selling a few.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:

[/img]

Congrats on the Momoko sketch.

The artist is so hot now that I am sure the price is higher now.

I am not normally a fan of her covers, but that Sketch is Epic. Awesome grab man. Glad to see some folks have been having a good 2020 haha.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@flanders Raphael is red hot right now.

I have a raw one with a Casey Jones head sketch.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@flanders Jeez you definitely had a good year haha.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Noblebeast315 thanks!
@drchaos I hope you keep it, I definitely won't be selling mine unless I upgrade.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
best sketches of the year are these two....have to think about what comic would be best.

Post 14 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user

Didn't buy a lot this year, but I did add this one to the collection.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Just a couple of many this year. First two from Neal Adams collection.

All books I bought raw on the cheap and got graded. It’s been a great year.
Post 16 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 17 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty good year for X-Men.

And a few others.

And a few raws.

And I had a lot of help from many of my CBCS friends to obtain several of these - thank you!
Post 18 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

huge year for me, knocked lots off the list. There's still a crap load of books I'm not showing. The scamdemic made a good year for the pool industry
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Amspider private msg quote post Address this user
I have bought a few and sent a few to get graded this was my F@&$ You 2020.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@MatterEaterLad have you looked into having the color touch removed, awesome book
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Batman66 I’m pretty sure you cleaned the house on best 2020!
Post 22 IP   flag post
@Zombie_Head HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! 🎉🎂🎁
Awesome books!
Post 23 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315
@Zombie_Head HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! 🎉🎂🎁
Awesome books!

Thx brother
Post 24 IP   flag post
My 2020 was pretty mild. I think I did more selling than buying. I am a very particular buyer though and this may be why I don’t have as much to show. I was able to find some cool books at the right price though and I am happy to
Present them to you.

This issue features the first Wrightson art published as fan art. I took a snap for those that are curious.

This is a really nice book. It has the fine cover creases on the cover but that is not flaw that comes from neglect. It was just a flaw in the paper it was printed on. I know it would probably effect the grade a little book this is a really nice book that au was happy to grab. I may even press it again to see if I can get those creases looking better.

This book I got on EBay and is actually getting graded by CBCS right now. It was a great press candidate and I believe it to be at least a 9.0. High hopes for a 9.4 though!

Final book purchased from our own Ganasoth. I didn’t realize it was him at first, but when I saw the last name “Rice” and say the mailing address was in South Carolina I thought I might ask. As it turned out it was him, and this book was also a great press candidate. I am happy I was able to get it up to a 9.6. Nothing else to crazy. All these books were great buys and I am happy I was able to add them to my collection.
Post 25 IP   flag post
@KatKomics would have given you four checks if I could haha!
Post 26 IP   flag post
@Noblebeast315 doubt it, poka and catman haven't chimed in yet, but thanks anyway
Post 27 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 28 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
The hulk and batman books were pressed this year even though I owned them for years prior....

Post 29 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
2020 is almost over!
For me, with pretty much every major convention cancelled meant that this year I spent more on sketch covers. Here are a couple but I’m hoping to have a few more pieces slip in just before the end of the year!

I absolutely love this cover by Peach Momoko! I had arranged for it late last year before everything went crazy. I love her covers and some are now a little more expensive than I’d want to pay but I’ll always have this one!

I have absolutely no idea who Peach Momoko is, but honestly that looks exactly like the cover I would expect someone named Peach Momoko to draw.
Post 30 IP   flag post
602149 64 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?