Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsSignatures

Signed Comics with Pressing Success?13444

Collector Erudito private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone,

It is my understanding that sometimes comic books will be denied pressing due to the marker used to sign the comic book. Who here has had successful pressing, and whose signature was on the comic book? Also wondering if anyone has had successes with Stan Lee signatures, as I have a comic with rippling and his signature; Amazing Spider-Man #539, Medina Varient (2007).
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
I have had no issues pressing witnessed signatures or verified. Even Stan Lee’s but all his were witnessed
Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
No issues with denial for type of pen...although I think all were sharpie

All my Stan were witnessed but from past posts some of this later signatures can be dicey as there are large differences to his "normal" signature...guess it's your luck if it was early or late in the signing process or if he was having a good or bad day as he got older.
Post 3 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Erudito Pressing can cause issues depending on the type of pen used, notably artist’s paint pens which dry differently than sharpies or ballpoint pens which make up the vast majority of signatures on comics. I don’t believe Stan Lee used anything so exotic so I would say you would be fine getting your book pressed.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
The only comics that cannot be pressed would be textured comic covers, jeweled or bedazzled comics, and paint markers, like the ones Mike Mayhew and others use.
Post 5 IP   flag post
597866 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?