Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

RIP Darth Vader - Dave Prowse passes away at 8513441

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
The actor inside Darth Vader and who trained Christopher Reeves for Superman has passed away at the age of 85

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Ironwill75 private msg quote post Address this user
Very sad I met him when he came to my school years ago as the green cross code man, I’ve never forgotten seeing him, shame he fell out with George Lucas. RIP.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
He brought such a physical presence to the role on screen, but was so much more than Darth Vader, appearing on Benny Hill, Doctor Who, and A Clockwork Orange, to name a few. RIP
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
rip
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
My condolences go to his family and friends in their time of loss. RIP Mr. Prowse, thank you for all of the wonderful memories. 😔
Post 5 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
RIP

effing 2020.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user
One of the nicest and polite people I’ve ever met at a con. RIP good sir.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
What an iconic role. Darth Vader will be remembered for many generations to come. RIP Dave Prowse.

Also a bodybuilder back in the '70s!

Post 8 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
RIP
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector bigcontracts private msg quote post Address this user
loved that documentary about him on netflix.

RIP.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
RIP Dave Prowse. Besides your well know part as Darth Vader and others your role as The Green Cross Code Man (child road safety) is recognised as vastly lowering child road deaths during the 70's in the UK
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector garreth39 private msg quote post Address this user
Met Mr. Prowse several years ago. I believe it was one of the lasdt conventions he traveled to America for........I had him sign a couple of prints. Jeremy Bulloch was also there so had him sign one of the prints also.

Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Rest In Peace David Prowse and thank you for your greatness.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Met him back in Brisbane at a convention many many years ago.

Rip.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I had heard that after the first movie he speculated in the media that Darth Vader might be Luke's father. I guess that started a permanent rift with the production team. Apparently he was very friendly, open and approachable to both fans and media alike. The production team felt that he was too open, and too chatty with the media. It's really too bad it went down that way, he sounds like the type of genuine fan-oriented person that you would hope a celebrity would be. RIP.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
I had heard that after the first movie he speculated in the media that Darth Vader might be Luke's father. I guess that started a permanent rift with the production team. Apparently he was very friendly, open and approachable to both fans and media alike. The production team felt that he was too open, and too chatty with the media. It's really too bad it went down that way, he sounds like the type of genuine fan-oriented person that you would hope a celebrity would be. RIP.

Yeah.... Coincidence does not equal causation. Lucas felt that Prowse "leaked" information. But Prowse claimed he was only speculating and engaging in fan talk. Lucas kept details secret from even the actors because he was very secretive and hated leaks. So Lucas never had Prowse to the official Star War celebrations. Didn't even let it be his face that was revealed in the final chapter of the first trilogy.

IMHO, Prowse was the better person in that fight.
Post 16 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@IronMan Prowse was at Celebration IV, the one back in 2008. That’s where I met him.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite

I did not know he was at any of them. Thank you for the correction
Post 18 IP   flag post
600626 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?