Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Collecting Multiple Copies of the Same Issue13406

Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 151 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I've always enjoyed this Hulk vs Thor story by Stan Lee with Eric Larsen's first Marvel work.

Post 152 IP   flag post

Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
Collecting multiple copies of the same comic? Wel I guess there was this extremely lucrative purchase of 250 copies of the same comic. I just sent off another 33 copies to be slabbed. I pre-screened them so they should all come back as 9.8s. That will make about 80 9.8s out of that case so far.

Post 154 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
how many are you actually keeping for personal use?
Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Ready for the rise of the Multiple Man...or Ronin.

GSFF 4 is tough to find in high grade. Good looking batch you have there.
Post 156 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I think I sold or traded away the 9.4.

Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector KYDU private msg quote post Address this user
No image this time but related to this topic, when I was a kid I would sometimes go see Max Seeley who always had those comics for sale ads in Marvel comics. (Probably late 70’s early 80’s).

He used to sell out of an apartment downtown(I still remember the smell of all those books) He was always nice to me and didn’t act like I was wasting his time with my 3 dollar purchases.

Once I asked him if he had any early FF or Spideys. He said sure and reached into the filing cabinet behind him. (Most of his books were on shelves.)

He pulled out FF 1 to 5, AF 15 Spidey 1-5.

5,6,7,8 copies of each issue. From 3.0 to 9.2(maybe higher). I have never seen that again, not at any convention, not with any single dealer. My poor little heart, what an experience!
Post 158 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
It turns out I do not own a 'normal' copy of this issue LOL.

Not my copy, Scott, but had to show you this - part yellow and part white version! Now you have to get that one too.

Post 159 IP   flag post

And his Canadian cousin

UK Version and Alan Moore signed copy

Post 160 IP   flag post

Post 161 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@Hcanes that's a good problem to have!
Post 162 IP   flag post
Collector Nystalgik private msg quote post Address this user
Currently buying multiple copies of Venom #3 3rd print and Ultimate Fallout #4 - what else? oh yeah Miles Morales keys.
Post 163 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 164 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

Not my copy, Scott, but had to show you this - part yellow and part white version! Now you have to get that one too.

Yep, that's the 3rd version I've been 'looking' for.
Post 165 IP   flag post
Took me a while to get the grade I wanted. These square bound books are tough to find in a quality grade.

The first one I got signed, Joe had not seen in a while and he flipped through the book with such joy. It was a joy watching him point to his pages in excitement.

RIP Joe

Post 166 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 167 IP   flag post
While looking for a #6 cover for the "Calendar" thread, I found another comic that I apparently bought whenever I saw one. I probably should have sold them a few years ago.

Post 168 IP   flag post
My favorite Valiant title.

Post 169 IP   flag post
While going through my LOSH books for a forum member, I found that I had numerous doubles, and in some cases - Legionnaires disease.

Post 170 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
Hope to have most of the raws graded soon.

Post 171 IP   flag post
I hate when I can't remember whether or not I posted something!
Post 172 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy

Post it again. The only folks that will harp about it will be the ones that have nothing better to do than pick on such a trivial matter....
Post 173 IP   flag post
lol Thanks I just finished going through the thread [again] and it looks like I only repeated Omega Men #3.
Post 174 IP   flag post
My OO Speculation collection from the 90's (I'll be taking over the thread for awhile ). I really should sell these and free up a shirtload of space.

I believe I have 10 of these, maybe 15, but only have scans of the best 6.

Post 175 IP   flag post
Collector Track17 private msg quote post Address this user
100 copies of Deathmate Black. Worst $500 investment I ever made. I've had them for 27 years so maybe I'll break even in the year 2040!

Post 176 IP   flag post
My McSpidey Collection... Not necessarily the right ones, and not sure where #2 is.
Just a few multiples each for 1-5.

Post 177 IP   flag post
Anyone ever notice Spidey has 2 left hands on the cover of #8?

Post 178 IP   flag post

Post 179 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@Track17 Take a pic of each one and post one long runner like others are doing. Just kidding nice group pic I bought 100 copies of Turok #1 thankfully those are long gone.
Post 180 IP   flag post
600868 245 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?