Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Collecting Multiple Copies of the Same Issue13406

Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 126 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 127 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
At first I thought this was a joke, but after seeing all the dupe posts, not so much.

lol It is.
I have, I think, a small collection. I don't have an official count yet, but it's less than 10,000 comics in a small, crowded room more suited to storage rather than display.
The Kirby DC's are a combination of my collection and the collection I bought from Mike Royer when they didn't sell at SDCC'19. Most of the others are simple upgrades, as is often evident in the images.

Man, I love seeing all those very-high-grade Bronze and Silver age books. There's nothing better than finding comics from that era in the wild, sending them in, and getting back a 9.6 or 9.8 with bone-white pages and sharp corners.

@Siggy, I gotta ask: did you take all those comics out of bags and boards and take pictures just for this post? Or do you already have large swaths of your collection photographed?
Post 128 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
2k slabs? Wow.
I cant even imagine how much room that would take. The cost of stabbing alone would have been astronomical from my perspective.

Did someone say they had 2,000 slabs? I missed that post. That many would be hard to handle in a PC. I've got about 250 at MCS that are for sell, and I don't really count those ones. My PC is about 270 right now, with another 20-30 I'm about to mail to MCS. Plus, another 150 at CGC waiting to be graded, and 25 at my presser's, and another 50 going out the next couple days. All those will be sold, though, so they don't really count towards my PC either.

If I had ten times as many slabs here, I don't know where the hell I'd put them. Hard enough making space for my ~5000 raws. I'll add a few more slabs here and there, but I am definitely slowing down.
Post 129 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid

@Siggy, I gotta ask: did you take all those comics out of bags and boards and take pictures just for this post? Or do you already have large swaths of your collection photographed?

I try to scan my comics soon after they arrive for insurance records (assuming they'll help, if needed). I've gotten a little lazy about it in the last couple years though,
Post 130 IP   flag post

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy Looks like you collect everything in pairs. Your not building an Ark by chance in your back yard are you?
Post 131 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I try to scan my comics soon after they arrive for insurance records (assuming they'll help, if needed). I've gotten a little lazy about it in the last couple years though,

or comics all over the floor?
Post 132 IP   flag post
Undercopies and upgrades.

Post 133 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
@Siggy Looks like you collect everything in pairs. Your not building an Ark by chance in your back yard are you?

Nah, they're almost all undercopies and upgrades. Sometimes I'd have a group of books, but then later I'd buy the whole run (What If? Marvel Two-In-One).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Quote:

or comics all over the floor?

Are comics all over the floor? No, they still go in boxes.
Post 134 IP   flag post

Post 135 IP   flag post

Post 136 IP   flag post

Post 137 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomEwan
This won’t make anyone jealous but here is mine w/o Rawls:

wow I totally forgot about that book. 2013 seems so distant
Post 138 IP   flag post
Collector KYDU private msg quote post Address this user

Post 139 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 140 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYDU

Gee, what's behind that Stan Lee looking spider?
Post 141 IP   flag post
Maybe something rated PG or X?
Post 142 IP   flag post
Collector KYDU private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYDU

Gee, what's behind that Stan Lee looking spider?

Maybe it’s a 10.0 grade I don’t want anyone to know about (that would be great) or most probably a grading company that’s not supposed to be shown here.
Post 143 IP   flag post
This was a recent "Wait, I have 2 of these?" discovery. Both are the glossy covers.

Post 144 IP   flag post
It turns out I do not own a 'normal' copy of this issue LOL.

Post 145 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy - I don't think I have seen the yellow top of the "A" before with the yellow background. Are any of the errors, or perhaps the corrected version, worth significantly more? It might be a fun issue to look for in the wild, one of these days.
Post 146 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Siggy - I don't think I have seen the yellow top of the "A" before with the yellow background. Are any of the errors, or perhaps the corrected version, worth significantly more? It might be a fun issue to look for in the wild, one of these days.

The printers had a rough time with this issue. They're all over eBay lol

There's no value to it other than the joy of the hunt for the varying defects. I think I've seen 3 common types, but I only have these two.

I see them on eBay, I just have no desire to buy a single cheap book there, and I don't want to buy more than this book just because of the first reason. Unless we're in the Twilight Zone and this discussion drives prices, I can wait.
Post 147 IP   flag post
I forgot to post my favorite cover.

Post 148 IP   flag post

Post 149 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Ready for the rise of the Multiple Man...or Ronin.

Post 150 IP   flag post

Post 151 IP   flag post
I've always enjoyed this Hulk vs Thor story by Stan Lee with Eric Larsen's first Marvel work.

Post 152 IP   flag post

Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
Collecting multiple copies of the same comic? Wel I guess there was this extremely lucrative purchase of 250 copies of the same comic. I just sent off another 33 copies to be slabbed. I pre-screened them so they should all come back as 9.8s. That will make about 80 9.8s out of that case so far.

Post 154 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
how many are you actually keeping for personal use?
Post 155 IP   flag post
601455 245 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?