Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Collecting Multiple Copies of the Same Issue13406

Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
heh yeah group shots would be clutch.

@earthshaker01 post it! you won't break any hearts
Post 51 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user

Post 52 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 53 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 54 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Don't know how you can keep multiples. Looks good but I just can't do it. Long time ago I had 5 copies of TTA 70 3 copies of ironman and Sub-mariner 1 and 2 copies of Avengers 1 and I ended up keeping the highest grade and selling them to buy books I didn't have.
Post 55 IP   flag post

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Graded:

Raw:

Post 56 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I just love Mignola on Batman. And his is one of my favorite Joker covers. I bought five copies when it came out, and I think I have two left.

What's great about this one, in my mind, is: EVERYONE draws Joker covers with the Joker laughing. Every. Single. Time. Hugh gales of laughter, wide open mouth, BIG grin.

Except this one.

Leave it up to a master like Mike Mignola to do something no one has ever done before with a 45 year old character. (Now 80 years old, of course.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
These were included in a group lot at an auction.

mm
Post 57 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I knew I had some ungraded copies somewhere. I didn't realize it was this many.

Post 58 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson Going hard on the Salem Seven!
Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

mm

Nice black crisp newsstand. Impressive.
Post 60 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Holy Mutant Massacre Batman!

Putting these up on ebay.

The 212s are listed, the rest go up tomorrow.

Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector daredevilart private msg quote post Address this user
What kinda weirdo would do that?

(ahem)...these are my raw copies. I have several slabbed as well.

Post 62 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I knew I had some ungraded copies somewhere. I didn't realize it was this many.

WOW, that's a lot of FF #186!!

I have a couple NM ungraded copies (at least 9.4?) & understand the appreciation for this particular issue. PURE Len Wein/George PĂ©rez HEAVEN!!! This was around the time when I was introduced to FF, not sure what exact issue it was from the 1970's, but this & FF# 184 had the most impact on me...think these 2 issues were bought by me in those wonderful 3 or 4 pack bundles. I am pretty sure #165 was the first FF issue that interested me because my Uncle had a copy. Before discovering FF I was mainly into Batman & Justice League comics.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Fewer than ten graded copies of this classic Reed Crandall book last time I checked.

Here are two of them...

That cover always cracks me up, with how much the artist misunderstood the scale of that bridge. In reality the cable is something like five times bigger than drawn. Those people are giants!

Crandall was probably working from a photo without any near field people to provide scale.

OTOH, at one time I had both of these beauties (now just the one below)...

Schomburg apparently had no reservations about altering scale for impact!
Post 64 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb

WOW, that's a lot of FF #186!!

I have a couple NM ungraded copies (at least 9.4?) & understand the appreciation for this particular issue. PURE Len Wein/George PĂ©rez HEAVEN!!! This was around the time when I was introduced to FF, not sure what exact issue it was from the 1970's, but this & FF# 184 had the most impact on me...think these 2 issues were bought by me in those wonderful 3 or 4 pack bundles. I am pretty sure #165 was the first FF issue that interested me because my Uncle had a copy. Before discovering FF I was mainly into Batman & Justice League comics.

FF 186 is the first comic book I remember ever owning. It was bought on a ferry going from Washington state over to Vancouver, I think. Any way, I couldn't read at the time and my older sister had to read it to me. After repeated requests for her to read it again, she rolled down the car window and threatened to throw it out. The wind caught it and out it went. I guess that's why I now have this deep seated need to possess more copies than any one person should be allowed to own.
Post 65 IP   flag post
One of only a few second copies that I bought and usually by
mistake.

I wonder how many coverless copies there were since the inside of
the front cover and back cover featured cutout space ships.

mm
Post 66 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Holy Mutant Massacre Batman!

Putting these up on ebay.

The 212s are listed, the rest go up tomorrow.

All of the books in the above photo are now listed on ebay.

Next up are five signed copies of Uncanny X-Men # 205 as I continue putting books up in reverse alphabetical order.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Another one time duplicate of a much loved book...

Eventually traded the under copy for another grail, but kept this beauty...

Post 68 IP   flag post
Secret Moderator MatterEaterLad private msg quote post Address this user
I have five copies of FF94 that are currently on submission for grading.
Post 69 IP   flag post
The next two batches of ebay listing include more X-Men multiples:

Post 70 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 71 IP   flag post

Post 72 IP   flag post

Post 73 IP   flag post
I not sure that inventory you have amassed and listed for sale counts as collecting multiple copies of the same issue.
Post 74 IP   flag post
I finally finished [yesterday] gathering all scans I have of my Kirby/Royer collection, and will later be freezing this thread with all the multiples I have lol.
I just don't have the drive to pull them all out so I can take group shots. Apologies in advance.
Post 75 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

mm

It's funny I saw this and and a few days earlier I had found these in one of my boxes

Post 76 IP   flag post
These books have Mike Royer's Annikki, a character he developed in the late 60's. The High Adventure- 1971 (the indicia says 1973, but that's a misprint) is her 1st appearance, and ARC reprints the story in 1979.
The last image obviously isn't a multiple, but it also reprints the story in 1974.
Barry Geller and I keep trying to convince him to market her in some way.

Post 77 IP   flag post
Creepy #30 has a 6 page Rosen/Royer story. #32 has a 6 pager by Glut/Royer.
Eerie #25 also has a 6 page Rosen/Royer story, and Eerie #32 also has a 6 pager by Glut/Royer. Eerie #34 has a 7 page Hewetson/Royer story.

Post 78 IP   flag post

Post 79 IP   flag post

mm
Post 80 IP   flag post
597867 245 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?