Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Collecting Multiple Copies of the Same Issue13406

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 26 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 27 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Looks like you got took on some second class books. JK... those are beauties!!! Super jelly.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Very impressive collection.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@xjagnew it's an excessive post and for that I do apologize. When I got back into collecting I was a big believer in collecting multiple copies of the same book for certain books. There was a time when I'd have 4 or 5 copies of many books. It made it easier to sell some of those books to help finance other books I wanted....if I only bought a single copy of books I wouldn't have sold any books and it's likely I wouldn't have some of the bigger books in my collection.
Post 30 IP   flag post

@BrianGreensnips Thank you, I appreciate that! I was trying to illustrate a point that when possible, if it's a book you love, to me, more copies are better than a single copy.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Totally agree. Sometimes multiples are just better... excessive or not.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 33 IP   flag post

Post 34 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Hoarding multiples is one of the biggest surprises I found when I got back into comics 4-5 years ago. I never really saw that growing up. You wanted a comic, you bought it. If you upgraded to a nicer copy, you sold the lesser one to help pay for it.

Oh, sure, there was speculation. There's always speculation ... buying a bunch of a comic to hold for awhile, and then sell off? (Or give away, if you missed the mark?) Sure. And overstock. Sometimes stores will have boxes full of dreck that just didn't sell.

But actually buying a collectible comic, over and over and over again? I never saw that before.

But now, you see a lot of crazy - and sometimes amazing! - examples. I've started keeping a folder for the pics when I come across them. These aren't mine, but just a few examples I've found.

Post 35 IP   flag post

Post 36 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley great books!!!!
Post 37 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid it's wild to see some of that stuff. If I had disposable income like that, I'd be retiring before my goal of 50 years old
Post 38 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid I scrolled up your post from the bottom to the top. As I got closer to the top and it got better, I kind of started to lose my breath a bit. I was wondering who on this forum would be the owner of that collection. I Was wondering if seeing it would change the way I viewed them and their posts, lol.
Post 39 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
These posts are impressive. I feel like I'm coming off the bench of the jv team compared to the pro collectors. I unintentionally have multiple copies of The Maxx #1, and a few other $1-$3 books, I did have three Wolverine #1 Limited Series slabs at one point, sold two and kept the 9.6 copy I purchased as a kid.

Post 40 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Awesome books! GS X-Men 1 and Hulk 181 are on my want list. Someday when I save up
Post 41 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 42 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe tomorrow I'll post my Fourth World multiples.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Fewer than ten graded copies of this classic Reed Crandall book last time I checked.

Here are two of them...

Post 44 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
Fewer than ten graded copies of this classic Reed Crandall book last time I checked.

Here are two of them...

That cover always cracks me up, with how much the artist misunderstood the scale of that bridge. In reality the cable is something like five times bigger than drawn. Those people are giants!

Post 45 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
I could do this all day, lol, sadly. There is one pic I'd love to show you all, that has 23 NM uncirculated copies of a 1950s comic one shot that came from a old book store, which were found in a box in 1970s. However, I'm leary how it might affect the market if I showed it. Or do you think it wouldn't matter much? I think there were 8 on cgc census last I looked years ago, none on cbcs.

Post 46 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
These were included in a group lot at an auction.

mm
Post 47 IP   flag post
I really wish smaller images could line up side by side.

Post 48 IP   flag post

Post 49 IP   flag post

Post 50 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
heh yeah group shots would be clutch.

@earthshaker01 post it! you won't break any hearts
Post 51 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user

Post 52 IP   flag post

Post 53 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 54 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Don't know how you can keep multiples. Looks good but I just can't do it. Long time ago I had 5 copies of TTA 70 3 copies of ironman and Sub-mariner 1 and 2 copies of Avengers 1 and I ended up keeping the highest grade and selling them to buy books I didn't have.
Post 55 IP   flag post
601304 245 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?