Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Silver AgeQuestions

Blue label? Green label? Or a .5 label?13350

Collector jaysonslade private msg quote post Address this user
Iā€™m so confused. I understand some things can be subjective. But how can this book from the other guys ever be allowed a blue label?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Following šŸ‘
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
my understanding is the submitter has the choice of green or blue....green ignores the major flaw in grade....blue includes the major flaw in grade. 1.5 vs. .5 I believe is just the difference in definition of the amount/size of the cut out.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Someone explained it really well in another thread...although it is probably archived by now. But yes it gets very confusing.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
my understanding is the submitter has the choice of green or blue....green ignores the major flaw in grade....blue includes the major flaw in grade. 1.5 vs. .5 I believe is just the difference in definition of the amount/size of the cut out.

Yes- If the owner chose a green label, the grade would have been a 4.0 or whatever it might be if not for the missing panel.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Mutton dressed up as lamb
Post 6 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross Love it! LOL!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Mutton dressed up as lamb

Yeah, the only time a Green label wouldn't bother me is on a signature I witnessed, or "trusted." Calling the condition something it clearly isn't just doesn't work for me.

It would have to be a MONSTER key for me to not look at it with mild disgust;
Hulk 181 missing a value stamp, but green labeled a 9.6? Keep it away.
A Tec 27 missing a coupon, or something not affecting the story? Out of my range, but I'd still want it (CRACK!).
Post 8 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
There isn't a single scenario I can think of where Green should be generally acceptable by all collectors. @Siggy Your specific example is as close as it gets but like you said, that example would/could be acceptable to the one person who saw the signing...anyone else should not accept it or at the very least be suspicious of it.

A company whose foundation service is the grading of comics offering a service that ignores flaws is counter-intuitive to me.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I don't mind minor keys with major flaws as the price is cheap and in my wheel house.
Why I dropped off my flash 105 to cbcs.
New the flaws when I bought and prefer the label color to match my other books and the flaws are clearly printed on the label. As it should be.

Looks great.

I'd hate to send it somewhere else for grading with different colors on the label.

Purple and green if I asked.
Maybe get a witness sig of a actor who played the Flash.
Then it could be purple,green and yellow.

Label looking like a licorice all sort šŸ‘
Post 10 IP   flag post
598060 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?