Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgePop Culture

TMNT comics worth collecting13336

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

These two issues from the Archie series are really low print run, and really difficult to obtain in any grade. High grade copies fetch past $200-$300 each
Post 101 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

This book is actually misprinted and a recall edition. It's printed BACKWARDS and was graded as such, too!

This book is uncleaned and unpressed, as well.
Post 102 IP   flag post

Here is another recalled edition...there's no yellow ink on cover!
Post 103 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Apparently these are rare, I looked at Ebay and #30 is extremely high priced. How much do you think they'll sell for and does anyone have more info on these?

Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector russ3llk private msg quote post Address this user
If anyone has a TMNT adventures #24 with signatures let me know. I have a few raw but really want a yellow label one. That is my favorite cover.
Post 105 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@russ3llk

If you can't find one, CGC is having a signing. Thats one way to definitely get one....
Post 106 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Apparently these are rare, I looked at Ebay and #30 is extremely high priced. How much do you think they'll sell for and does anyone have more info on these?

That's for all 30 issues though, so about $20 per issue. That's overpaying unfortunately, imo. That wasn't a very good series run.
Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user
Just ordered 12 issues from vol.1 at the Mirage site. And 4 exclusives from Jetpacks site. Also got my Kevin Eastman fan club membership card along with a “cowabundle” so ended up getting 17 comics? I’ve gone TMNT crazy!
Post 108 IP   flag post
Good starter pack, imo @Firehawk2069
Post 109 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Not to compare to TMNT, but Flaming Carrot shows up with them on occasion. The 1981 one-shot was limited to 6,500 copies. Each copy was signed and numbered by Bob Burden post production. CGC can't recognize the signature, they show it as "Name written on Back", so very few have been slabbed. CGC census on GoCollect shows only 4 slabbed copies. That must be incorrect because I own 2 of them and one of my grades (9.0) does not even appear on the census. There are also at least 2 more currently for sale on Ebay. If I were buying another I would look closely at the raw copy for sale on MCS and another at Ebay auction starting at $100. One day CBCS will introduce a magazine size slab and they will be able to verify the signatures. Very Fine to NM raw copies can be bought for $150-$250. Once CBCS is able to slab (and verify the Bob Burden signatures) I would expect the value of those books to increase significantly. It hasn't popped yet, so I like the risk/reward ratio of speculating on this book. Worst case, you get to be part of a small group of people who own this book. For those reasons, that book is my favorite (slightly) Turtle related speculation.
Post 110 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Don’t forget the flaming carrot cover McFarlane did with the turtles and flaming carrot in a hot air balloon.
Post 111 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I found these in one of my boxes along with the TMNT Adventures 1 Variant
Get graded and sell or sell as is?

Post 112 IP   flag post
@MutantMania if selling as is $?
Post 113 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone know of a tutorial of how to prep TMNT #2, 3, and 4 in window bags for the Eastman Signing? I'm not looking for a silver age or other tutorial. They are oversized and am looking for one with the correct sized bags and boards.
Post 114 IP   flag post
https://www.kaptainmyke.com/comics/submit/windowprep.htm

You will have to order some magazine sized backer boards and bags instead of silver age size but the process is the same.
Post 115 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke

As you know magazine bags and boards are too wide. The books tend to slide left and right in them. I want the books signed and remarked in a very specific place. Any ideas on how to get the books not to move in the bag?
Post 116 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater - Cut a magazine board slightly larger than the comic. Put the board and comic in the magazine bag. Fold the excess bag along the spine over and tape it to the back. Fold over the top and tape. You now have a tight fitting bag that you can make a signing window in.
Post 117 IP   flag post
@esaravo Good idea
Post 118 IP   flag post
Does anyone know a way to contact Garret Ho? He was an artist who worked on the TMNT adventures run.
Post 119 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I saved this when it came out in 1990. Just an advertisement from First Publishing. Thought some here would get a kick out of seeing it.

Post 120 IP   flag post
@DavidM very cool!
Post 121 IP   flag post
I just received the 3 last ronin ash cans. They didn’t have any bags or boards. What do you use for the oversized comics?
Post 122 IP   flag post
I just wanted to update on my collection and get everyone's thoughts on which issues I should send in to CBCS to be graded and what to keep boarded and bagged.

Graded: Turtlemania #100, TMNT Adventures '88 #1, TMNT Adventures '89 #1, IDW Ninja Turtles #1 (Variant-Signed by EastmanLaird)

Currently getting graded: Turtlemania #1 (Signed by Lavigne), Mighty Mutanimals 1-3 (Signed by Lavigne), Savage Dragon Crossover 1-2 (Signed by Lavigne), Michelangelo Christmas (Signed by Lawson)x3

Raw:
Mirage: Savage Dragon Crossover #1x2, Turtle Soup 1-4,

Archie: TMNT Adventures 2-3, 12-16, 19-34

Image: Bodycount 1-4

IDW: Ninja Turtles 1-8 97-111, TMNTBatman 1-6,TMNTBatman II 1-6, TMNTBatman Animated 1-6, Bebop and Rocksteady destroy Everything 1-5, Bebop and Rocksteady hit the road 1-5, Dimension X 1-5 x2, Urban Legends 1-26, TMNT SDCC Ashcan x5, Last Ronin Ashcan x3, Last Ronin #1 x2, Last Ronin Variant x2, Jennika #1, Deviations #1

Also there are CGC graded copies of Ninja Turtle Adventures 71-72 on Ebay. What is a fair offer for each. I thought $100 each would be a good offer.

Russ
Post 123 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ3llk
Also there are CGC graded copies of Ninja Turtle Adventures 71-72 on Ebay. What is a fair offer for each. I thought $100 each would be a good offer.

Those 2 books are in the $200-$300 range, so don't expect an offer to be accepted. They are rare and very low print.

Quote:
Last Ronin Ashcan x3, Last Ronin #1 x2, Last Ronin Variant x2

As far as grading, CBCS cannot do the Last Ronin Ashcans as they are too big to fit in a holder for them. You'd have to do magazine tier at CGC.

Quote:
get everyone's thoughts on which issues I should send in to CBCS to be graded and what to keep boarded and bagged.

Turtle Soup 1-4
IDW: Ninja Turtles 1
Bebop and Rocksteady destroy Everything 1
TMNT SDCC Ashcan

I would skip grading everything else as the cost of grading and shipping will sink you below profit margins on the values of everything else at the moment. You really want the original issues 1-4 from Mirage graded and the one shot issues from Mirage, and enjoy everything else raw as is.
Post 124 IP   flag post
Did anyone else track that TMNT #1 CGC 6.5 blue label copy that ended last night on Comic Link? It ended at $11,350.00.

Post 125 IP   flag post
I tried to trade them my first born but they were not interested. 😬
Post 126 IP   flag post
My 9.0 keeps climbing and climbing each month wowweeeeeeeeeeee
Post 127 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke And it certainly doesn't hurt my 7.0
Post 128 IP   flag post
The price on the book reached levels I never thought it would reach. I remember when I got my copy. I had chased it for years. I never saw a copy of it in person until the very early 1990's. Being from a smaller market meant that you heard about it but no one had a copy. Yes, one could find 2nd or later reprints but a 1st print was a unicorn.
Post 129 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
TMNT #1 is insane!! One of the very few modern books that's worth every penny. I missed the boat on this one because I was collecting silverage books only. I was aware of the book and had opportunity years ago but didnt pull the trigger....regret that for sure.
Post 130 IP   flag post
600688 157 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?