Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgePop Culture

TMNT comics worth collecting13336

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Pro tip: you can buy some back issues on the mirage studios website, still!

https://miragelicensing.com/html/catalog.html

Thanks for this, I picked up a few things and looks like I have a new 401k plan...I hope I don't get shell shock
Post 76 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Pro tip: you can buy some back issues on the mirage studios website, still!

https://miragelicensing.com/html/catalog.html

Thanks for this, I picked up a few things and looks like I have a new 401k plan...I hope I don't get shell shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I just wanna say that ALL YOU PEOPLE SUCK!! because of all this talk about what TMNT to collect I went and did this tonight!!

Happy now???!!!

Have had issues 3 and 4 for a while now (also somehow 2 TMNT Adv #1?) and was thinking of sending them in for the CGC event but now I have no $$ left!!

AAAAwww man, I know someone you could have contacted..
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector whowill private msg quote post Address this user
I’m a huge fan of these editions. This one for sure. As it has Kevin Eastman. Courtney Eastman on the cover.This cover is the second appearance of Courtney Eastman as Artemis. Epic battle the creature meets his creation.

Post 78 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
A few of my Turtle goodies...

How did it go down from a 9.6 to a 9.0?!

Yikes

Two different books
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user
That Mirage site is pretty cool. Waiting to see what I get from Kevin Eastmans “Cowabundle” from volume 1 before I shop at Mirage. I too joined the K.E. Fan club for the first time!
Post 80 IP   flag post

I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
New comics added today. I missed out on one of them (the unsigned Roiland sketch was sold out already) and decided to go a bit crazy and get a triple signed for $260.

https://fan.kevineastmanstudios.com/product-category/signed-comics/

Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector russ3llk private msg quote post Address this user
I just got 3 ashcans myself.
Post 82 IP   flag post

A couple different remarque's. They weren't requested, Eastman just did them.
Post 83 IP   flag post
I can't compete with you guys but these are my biggest ballers in my TMNT collection.

These went on sale on the fan site and sold out in 3 minutes.

I bought 3 of these to get the highest one I could. They weren't expensive at the time but kind of hard to find especially in 7.0 + condition.

Nothing to say about this one.

This book is probably my favorite book I own and will go with me wherever I go when I croak. It has more sentimental value to me than just about any possession I have.

I almost walked away from this book over 50 bucks 3 years ago. Go ahead and find one.
Post 84 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I see your second printing and raise you a second printing recalled edition!

Post 85 IP   flag post
Quote:

yeah see..... This is why I hadn't posted.

Edit: I feel like messing with you because you raised me, who pressed yours?????? HAHAHAHAHA, sorry I had to do it. Your collection is impressive my friend.
Post 86 IP   flag post
Quote:

A couple different remarque's. They weren't requested, Eastman just did them.

Ralph 1 is my dream comic but they are so expensive.
Post 87 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Edit: I feel like messing with you because you raised me, who pressed yours?????? HAHAHAHAHA, sorry I had to do it. Your collection is impressive my friend.

All rivet label books of mine are unpressed and uncleaned. I have a long list of comics I want to open and work on myself then send in to cgc. (All the blue labels.) I will likely send the red and yellow rivets back to cbcs for reholders.
Post 88 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad

People will always have better / bigger collections. Be happy with what you have. There is always someone you will have more than... in regards to turtles, that turtlemania book is the only book I own still. So your collection far exceeds mine....
Post 89 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

All rivet label books of mine are unpressed and uncleaned. I have a long list of comics I want to open and work on myself then send in to cgc. (All the blue labels.) I will likely send the red and yellow rivets back to cbcs for reholders.
For the record I was clowning Mike. After all, I wouldn't ever want you to stop giving me advice if I hit you up! I do want to send in that 95 for a yellow label as you mentioned
Post 90 IP   flag post
Took me 20 years to obtain the massive collection of toys, comics, movie posters, and vinyl records. And it's a royal b!tch to move locations. It's a terrible responsibility keeping up with all of it. Sometimes I wish I didn't have such a huge collection. We are going to require a very large house when we move (if we move with this pandemic) next year.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Is that life size turtle your's thats your profile pic?
Post 92 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad My LCS has that TMNT #4 for about $250. Are you saying I should email them and tell them to put it in my file?
Post 93 IP   flag post
Quote:
Is that life size turtle your's thats your profile pic?

No it's a zoomed in shot of one of my 2008 NECA TMNT Michaelangelo clamshell blister packaging sealed. I paid $100 for him about 5 years ago and he's worth $200 today.

A full set of these figures including April and Mousers are about $1000 today.
Post 94 IP   flag post

Another item I'd recommend tracking down is a complete Fan Club Kit. The rare ones are the orange bandanna. I have a red, orange, and blue kit, all opened. One time about 3 years ago a SEALED one sold for $650 at auction as I recall
Post 95 IP   flag post
I mean, I've never seen another than mine, but its also high grade. I think there are only 3 on the bay but to be honest dollar value isn't my specialty. Go take a look at it. If it doesn't say look like a 8.0 or above, haggle.

Disclaimer: I'm horrible at value, TMNT thru the is thru the roof right now but I stumbled into the 4 second print. When I say I almost walked over 50 dollars I meant it was 50 or I didn't buy it. That was just 3 years ago. Maybe that aids market decision buyer right now.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
New comics added today. I missed out on one of them (the unsigned Roiland sketch was sold out already) and decided to go a bit crazy and get a triple signed for $260.

https://fan.kevineastmanstudios.com/product-category/signed-comics/

Crazy, prices nearly tripled from the pre orders.
Post 97 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Apparently, if you picked one of these out of a dollar bin in the last 30 years, you made out like a bandit
My copy has been with CBCS since June. Really lookin forward to seeing it again. Not sure what made me send it in, it really wasn’t worth much 6 months ago
Post 98 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexMuff
Apparently, if you picked one of these out of a dollar bin in the last 30 years, you made out like a bandit
My copy has been with CBCS since June. Really lookin forward to seeing it again. Not sure what made me send it in, it really wasn’t worth much 6 months ago

Thanks for the heads up!!! I bought one in a mixed ebay lot a few years ago. I doubt I even paid a dollar for it. It was bagged and boarded and in nm condition. I kept it because Bebop and Rocksteady are two characters I really liked on the animated cartoons. I have no idea where it is right now, but it's nice to know it went up in value!!
Post 99 IP   flag post

Post 100 IP   flag post

These two issues from the Archie series are really low print run, and really difficult to obtain in any grade. High grade copies fetch past $200-$300 each
Post 101 IP   flag post

This book is actually misprinted and a recall edition. It's printed BACKWARDS and was graded as such, too!

This book is uncleaned and unpressed, as well.
Post 102 IP   flag post

Here is another recalled edition...there's no yellow ink on cover!
Post 103 IP   flag post
Apparently these are rare, I looked at Ebay and #30 is extremely high priced. How much do you think they'll sell for and does anyone have more info on these?

Post 104 IP   flag post
If anyone has a TMNT adventures #24 with signatures let me know. I have a few raw but really want a yellow label one. That is my favorite cover.
Post 105 IP   flag post
600675 157 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?