Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgePop Culture

TMNT comics worth collecting13336

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
CBCS will not even grade this book. They said it is too easy to reproduce. However, they graded a turtlemania special 100 book. Go figure.

But you are referring to a IDW published regular size comic book, versus a smaller independent publisher printed on smaller cardstock paper....
Post 51 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke

I didn't realize the dimensions were different. I thought they were identical except for the 100 vs 1.

Thank you for pointing that out
Post 52 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Yep Turtlemania #1 Special from Metropolis Comics is about half the size of the IDW comic that is acually issue #100 but with a variant cover resembling the original special one-shot issue from 1986.
Post 53 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke

So, I am going to submit for signature. Should I splurge for remarque? I kinda dislike the quick turtle sketch he does. It looks so poorly detailed. I was thinking asking for splinter or shredder. What are your thoughts? (They say you can request, but no guarantee what he will actually do)
Post 54 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

TMNT Lego NYCC Exclusive Antonio's Pizzarama Pizza Slice.

This is one of the rarest lego sets ever made in existence. I searched for 8 years for this and passed on a scalper one time 5 years ago and paid top dollar for this one in 2020. (Probably same one) There are less than 20 made, and maybe 10 known in existence. This piece is worth over $3,000.

lol!! Lego slice is for Amusement...not consumption!!! I don't know about that...I think it would be pretty amusing watching some Darwin award winner trying to consume it!!!
Post 55 IP   flag post

FYI,
Eastman and some other guy are offering sigs and remarks through CGC!
Post 56 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
A few of my Turtle goodies...

Post 57 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I signed up to be a member of the Kevin Eastman fan club a couple days ago. I checked the site a few minutes ago and these are available again after being sold out previously. Limit one signed and one unsigned per customer for those that did not order previously.

Last Ronin Fan Club Exclusive:

https://fan.kevineastmanstudios.com/product-category/members-only-store/members-only-comics/
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector NoahSult private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
FYI,
Eastman and some other guy are offering sigs and remarks through CGC!

It’s Ben Bishop, one of my friends. He is One of the interior artist on The Last Ronin. And has done numerous covers and interior work for tmnt’s idw run.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Quote:
@kaptainmyke

So, I am going to submit for signature. Should I splurge for remarque? I kinda dislike the quick turtle sketch he does. It looks so poorly detailed. I was thinking asking for splinter or shredder. What are your thoughts? (They say you can request, but no guarantee what he will actually do)

He's known for his turtle head sketch. He doesn't do anything else.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

How did it go down from a 9.6 to a 9.0?!

Yikes
Post 61 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I signed up to be a member of the Kevin Eastman fan club a couple days ago. I checked the site a few minutes ago and these are available again after being sold out previously. Limit one signed and one unsigned per customer for those that did not order previously.

Last Ronin Fan Club Exclusive:

https://fan.kevineastmanstudios.com/product-category/members-only-store/members-only-comics/

Arg I missed it - says sold out
Post 62 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
He did a Casey Jones on a friend of mines Raph. Also a Usagi on his IDW 1:50.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

Never seen that before
Post 64 IP   flag post

What I can't believe is my #1 first print is worth over $15,000 now!
Post 65 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Never seen that before
It was on 2 separate occasions, both times I was pretty butt hurt. I know he went home today but I'll see if I can get pics to share this weekend. I couldn't get that guy to send the IDW Usagi in for a Sakai either. It pissed me off. I tried buying it off him so I could do it and he wouldn't sell.... Some friend eh, lol.
Post 66 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke well they sold out before and were relisted so keep an eye out and they may pop up sometime.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
@kaptainmyke

Ok. They had a section to put in requests. Lets see if he honors it. If not, I can live with a turtle sketch...
Post 68 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
@kaptainmyke

Ok. They had a section to put in requests. Lets see if he honors it. If not, I can live with a turtle sketch...
Give it a shot. I would tend to agree with @kaptainmyke except I've seen it as an anomaly twice for the same guy. Scrub my wording if necessary but I shit when I saw him do the Casey Jones.
Post 69 IP   flag post
I wish I remembered him as an option. He was pretty bad ass if I recall correctly.

Its been too long since I looked at a turtle book.....

=(
Post 70 IP   flag post
I just wanna say that ALL YOU PEOPLE SUCK!! because of all this talk about what TMNT to collect I went and did this tonight!!

Happy now???!!!

Have had issues 3 and 4 for a while now (also somehow 2 TMNT Adv #1?) and was thinking of sending them in for the CGC event but now I have no $$ left!!

Post 71 IP   flag post
Pro tip: you can buy some back issues on the mirage studios website, still!

https://miragelicensing.com/html/catalog.html
Post 72 IP   flag post

This is one of my favorite sketches he's done for me. Ignore the hideous rivet label.
Post 73 IP   flag post
I can't compete with you guys but I do have a couple that are pretty dope. My favorites are a Raph second print signed and a #4 Second print signed. This was fun to get but im sure I've shown it before....
Same said friend had a foot soldier elite sketch done.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Quote:
I just wanna say that ALL YOU PEOPLE SUCK!! because of all this talk about what TMNT to collect I went and did this tonight!!

Happy now???!!!

Have had issues 3 and 4 for a while now (also somehow 2 TMNT Adv #1?) and was thinking of sending them in for the CGC event but now I have no $$ left!!

AAAAwww man, I know someone you could have contacted..
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:

Thanks for this, I picked up a few things and looks like I have a new 401k plan...I hope I don't get shell shock
Post 76 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:

Thanks for this, I picked up a few things and looks like I have a new 401k plan...I hope I don't get shell shock
Quote:
Quote:

Happy now???!!!

AAAAwww man, I know someone you could have contacted..
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector whowill private msg quote post Address this user
I’m a huge fan of these editions. This one for sure. As it has Kevin Eastman. Courtney Eastman on the cover.This cover is the second appearance of Courtney Eastman as Artemis. Epic battle the creature meets his creation.

Post 78 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

How did it go down from a 9.6 to a 9.0?!

Yikes

Two different books
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user
That Mirage site is pretty cool. Waiting to see what I get from Kevin Eastmans “Cowabundle” from volume 1 before I shop at Mirage. I too joined the K.E. Fan club for the first time!
Post 80 IP   flag post
597866 157 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?