Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgePop Culture

TMNT comics worth collecting13336

Collector russ3llk private msg quote post Address this user
I have recently begun collecting TMNT comics. I was wondering which ones worth worth getting for display and collecting.

My collection so far:
IDW: 1-8,50,100, Dimension x 1-5, Last Ronin 1

Mirage: Tmnt/savage dragon 1-2, Michelangelo Christmas

Archie: Tmnt adventures 1(mini series), TMNT adventures 1, Mighty Mutanimals 1-3 (Mini series)

Image: Bodycount 1-4

Thanks for any input.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user
Right now I’d say all you can get your hands on!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Mysticsnake private msg quote post Address this user
Right now TMNT comics are really hot. Just collect the whole IDW series. It’s a great read, and there is plenty of keys, but if you are looking for some that are ones you want to get now: 95 and 96 from the IDW run.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't read too many but I've considered getting a membership and buying comics directly from https://fan.kevineastmanstudios.com/

It might be worth checking out.
Post 4 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I don't follow the current TMNT series, but I do have fond memories of the series when it was made by Mirage studios. While they may be a tad expensive, if I were to invest in TMNT, I would try and start there.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I’m looking at the city at war issues 50-62 of old mirage. Maybe go backwards to slow the loss of money lol.
Post 6 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I haven't read too many but I've considered getting a membership and buying comics directly from https://fan.kevineastmanstudios.com/

It might be worth checking out.
3 year fan club member here. Do it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I was a fan club member but I forgot to renew. I need to get back on it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
What is the value with variants? Last ronin did a lot and trying to determine wether to grab variants or stick to cover A.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I've been a member of Kevin Eastman's fan club since it's beginning.

The variants to TMNT books is a long and loaded question. Just get what you like. I hope you have deep pockets.

I would recommend highly the original 1984-1993 Mirage series 1-62 if you can. It will take a few years to obtain all of them in completion. This includes the one-shot macro series titles and "Haunted Pizza", and Movie Adaptations books. It's also going to cost a lot of money.

I would also recommend the 1989-1995 Archie Comics Group Series "Adventures".

For today's books, I'd highly recommend the IDW Series from 2011-Present Volume 6 1-Present.

The Last Ronin is hyped just like any modern age book to gain sales and popularity. It's a story written by Kevin and Peter 30 years ago that was intended to be canon after the Volume 1 series was to end. So in full circle it's been released 30 years later. It's a good story, but too soon to really criticize it's elements until issue 5 has been released. I would skip all the variants personally. Try to track down the oversized 5 page Ashcan however, those are going to be really hard to find.

If you have any toy questions, that's a huge issue of discussion altogether. I have almost every toy and comic ever produced. My toy collection is quite large and all mint on card or mint in box. It's taken me close to 20 years to obtain most of my TMNT collection of books and toys. I can tell you just about anything regarding variants, or extremely low print, low production number releases and promotional marketing items.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I have owned one of Eastman's TMNT #1 for years. That and TMNT #2, and #3 are all that I have left in the comic part of my collection. I bought a bunch of the Mega Blok lego type sets when they used to be out planning that my son would play with them. Also, we have a 4 foot Michelangelo that my son says guards the home it is located within. The turtles always have held a soft spot in my heart. Now, that my son is getting into them I'm glad I made the stretch and bought one of Eastman's copies when I did.

I own about 5 to 10 pieces of TMNT OA too.

Good luck with your collection.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
If you're looking to expand your slabbed collection, there's a TMNT specific auction at Heritage comics coming up in 3 weeks:

clickable text
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector rtdcomics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 13 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 14 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
You know its bad when even I have a copy.....

Post 15 IP   flag post

Post 16 IP   flag post

Post 17 IP   flag post

Post 18 IP   flag post

Post 19 IP   flag post

Post 20 IP   flag post

Post 21 IP   flag post

Post 22 IP   flag post

Post 23 IP   flag post
I wanna post a pic of cool comic. I’ll just post that f my painting lol
Post 24 IP   flag post
that's pretty cool did you do the painting or someone else?
Post 25 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ3llk
I wanna post a pic of cool comic. I’ll just post that f my painting lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
that's pretty cool did you do the painting or someone else?
yeah thats definitely cool!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Kyle “rise” Irving did it. He is on Etsy for those intrested. He has done a bunch of cool stuff for me.

Post 27 IP   flag post
I used to have this but sold it for $4,000. It is signed by the entire Mirage Studios organization artists and concept design artists, and CEO Gary Richardson

Post 28 IP   flag post

This holy grail piece is one of my favorite in my collection. He's worth $3,000
Post 29 IP   flag post

TMNT Lego NYCC Exclusive Antonio's Pizzarama Pizza Slice.

This is one of the rarest lego sets ever made in existence. I searched for 8 years for this and passed on a scalper one time 5 years ago and paid top dollar for this one in 2020. (Probably same one) There are less than 20 made, and maybe 10 known in existence. This piece is worth over $3,000.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601275 157 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?