Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Missing package shipped via USPS to CBCS13333

Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
I have shipped hundreds of packages to CGC and then to CBCS, starting back in 1999. Every one has been shipped via USPS.

I have never had a shipment to either CGC or CBCS go missing within the Post Office - until now. The last one I sent to CBCS is just stuck in transit, with no updates on my PO tracking for about a week.

I would hope that someone from CBCS could check with their local Post Office, to see if they can find the missing package within the Post Office.

Can anyone tell me who I should contact, and how? Such as "contact Darryl, at this email" address?

The package is worth thousands of dollars and means a great deal to me, so I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks in advance.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
It's best for you to file a claim with the post office if you believe the package to be lost in transit. As long as you have your shipping receipt with a tracking number, proof of insurance on the package, and a proof of value, you can file the claim.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector HarrisonMade private msg quote post Address this user
Usually talking to your local post office post master can help. They can see more of what is going on than you can and help locate last point of contact within the system. Had a package get lost for almost a month and they tracked it down for me.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
What do you use as proof of value?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Think you can use a copy of the paperwork submitted to the grading company of itemized books and their fair market value I'd suspect. Also may help to have photos of the books before you send. I've never sent books to cbcs thru the mail. I always hand them in person. Think I do that just to minimize the risk of lost in transit.

Also don't you have a insurance level of value when you ship thru the post as well ?
Post 5 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
The Post Office has been hobbled in recent months and delays like this are more and more common.

Last month I ordered a package from an Amazon seller that was shipped promptly and everything seemed to be going fine then the tracking updates stopped and just had the “Arriving late” message. After no updates for about two weeks I filed a report with USPS which I never got a proper follow-up from, unusual because the USPS had always been quick to follow-up and resolve my issues. A wee or so later the package started moving again.

Long story short my package stopped updating for like three weeks before being delivered
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
During this pandemic the post office has suffered greatly in the quality of ship times.

Ebay had even told me to use another carrier as the post office could no longer keep up with the backload of packages. During this unprecedented time I ship all packages to CBCS & CGC by way of next day mail through the post office.

If you ship before a certain time, you are guaranteed a delivery time before 3pm the next day.

The cost is quite high for this service but offers me piece of mind the package will not be lost in transit and delivered next day, which I can track. If the package was ever lost, I would receive full insured value and the cost of original shipping refund.
Post 7 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
USPS lost my UF4 in shipment as well. Insurance was not fun to file.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks to everyone who replied, I really appreciate it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
601250 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?