Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch CoversCBCS Original Art Program OAPCBCS Signature ASPQuestions

Inker/Colorist Commission Recommendations?13304

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
So I am having a pencil sketch commission on a blank comic done by an artist that was to be inked and colored by a second artist but unfortunately thinks with the colorist kind of fell through so I was wondering if anyone had recommendations (and hopefully samples) of reasonably-priced inkers and/or colorists they have worked with before.

The piece is more of a good-girl/pin-up piece so hopefully an artist that can handle that genre well. I’m open to various mediums from colored pencil, copics, to acrylic paint. I am also not opposed to having a separate inker and colorist so please, share your recommendations!
Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Scott Hanna is no only a prolific inker but he also has done some great sketches for me as well.

Great guy to deal with and attends a lot of conventions (when there are conventions).

He is in the Lehigh Valley area of Pennsylvania.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks! I’ll check out his work!

I’m definitely curious to see who gets mentioned here so I can check out their work even if not for this commission then for others down the line.

I did remember about Joseph Michael Linsner. I’ve gotten some commissions from him in the past and he certainly has the good-girl/pin-up look down! He is at about the top of what I would like to pay on this one

Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
could always try a few from here https://www.catskillcomics.com/

Brett Breeding, $al Bu$cema!! I think there may be a colourist on the site too, most of the others only do art.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Try Mike DeCarlo. He can be reached through his website. He's done 4 different creations for me. He reasonable and fast. I don't know if he does coloring but he might be able to point you to someone he trusts.

Custom Commissions by Mike DeCarlo
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I was going to suggest Mike Royer since he told me he's still taking on commissions, but I don't think he's interested in doing sketch covers. I can ask.
Post 6 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Laura Martin is a wonderful colorist. I don't believe she inks though. I had Karl Story ink one of the pieces she colored.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Laura Martin is a wonderful colorist. I don't believe she inks though. I had Karl Story ink one of the pieces she colored.
Oh! her coloring looks pretty awesome and Some of her original ink illustrations might be the perfect fir for another commission I was looking to have done!
Post 8 IP   flag post
601196 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?