Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

Just made a deal on a Collection. Fingers crossed.13277

Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
That's fantastic. I hope I get to do this someday. I haven't had the opportunity to buy a collection yet. I'm jealous.

Pumped to see the rest!
Post 76 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I was going to jump on the spawn books but I have all those ones already. I'm searching out the 200s right now and I'll have a full run 1-310
Post 77 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
The Bone hardcover book would be cool
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I was going to jump on the spawn books but I have all those ones already. I'm searching out the 200s right now and I'll have a full run 1-310

No worries. 👍🏼
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim Really impressive score! Congratulations!
Post 80 IP   flag post

Random find while reorganizing. This sticker caught my eye. Not bad for a random modern.

Post 81 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Terry88, have you posted a link to your shop? if not please do.

sorry @00slim, didn't mean to hijack your thread. i am super excited about what i've seen so far. I don't see myself ever getting that lucky so congrats.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a full set of Death in the family ?
Post 83 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
@Terry88, have you posted a link to your shop? if not please do.

soory @00slim, didn't mean to hijack your thread. i am super excited about what i've seen so far. I don't see myself ever getting that lucky so congrats.

Don’t worry about it. It’s all good.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Is there a full set of Death in the family ?

Sadly, no. I’ll double check, but I think it’s just those two. I do have a full set, though. Would you be interested? I don’t mind parting with them.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
haha no, I don't have a store, I just meant my regular haunt.

I'm just a dood with a buying problem.
Post 86 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I'm looking to get a set of news stands. Had a set years ago. Wouldn't mind replacing if they are news stands. If the 426 and 429 are the only news stands then I'd just maybe interested in those 2.

Also is there by chance a killing joke in there first print ?
Post 87 IP   flag post
@southerncross Turns out, 427 in my PC is a newsie. It’s a very sharp copy. Top left corner has the slightest knick. I’ll inspect it closer, but at the moment, I’d say it’s higher grade.

Post 88 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Random find while reorganizing. This sticker caught my eye. Not bad for a random modern.

That is a great series!!! I don't know the value of it, but I'd say that is a great score!!!
Post 89 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Looks like the last one sold for $38. I’ll probably put it on e-bay for $50?

Edit: unless you’re interested?
Post 90 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim cool books! Let me know If you’re selling any Spawn, punisher, or spidey.
Post 91 IP   flag post
@HulkSmash Everything in this collection is for sale, with the exception of the Batman Adventures 12 & Flash 139.

Please see post #73, in reference to the Spawn books.
Post 92 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim I'm not interested, but thanks for that. I got the first 4 or 5 issues and really enjoyed it. Now I'm wondering why I stopped. LOL
Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
What are you asking for the Batman 163??
Post 94 IP   flag post
@Ginosdad I was considering grading that one. But it’s structurally sound. The inside cover has the original owner’s address rubber stamped on the 1st page.

Creasing at the bottom right corner (could press out?)

In the right lighting, I think there may be the beginning of oxidation to the cover.

Paper quality is quite nice, the first page is more tanned than the rest of the book.

I’d say VG, but it presents so nice. It looks Fine. Depends if the defects press out.

$50, shipped?
Post 95 IP   flag post
@Ginosdad

Post 96 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@HulkSmash Everything in this collection is for sale, with the exception of the Batman Adventures 12 & Flash 139.

Oh! I didn't realize that. Then yes, I'd be interested in quite a few! The ASM #300 and #301, the Batman #404, one of the Gambit's, Secret Wars #8, and the Wolverine Limited #1 (and #2, if that one is in there).

Do you think these are 9.6/9.8 candidates?
Post 97 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid I just made the decision recently.

The Secret Wars 8 looks close, I’d have to double check. The ASM 300 is gonna get slabbed before I sell it.

One Gambit is available. A friend of mine locally expressed interest in the other. But I can get grade estimates together for the others.
Post 98 IP   flag post
The Newsstand X-Men 266 is sold as well as the Death in the Family books.

The Direct Edition of X-Men 266 is going in for grading.

I’ll keep you guys posted on what’s available raw. I’m still sorting and inspecting them. I want to be as honest as I can about condition before throwing out numbers.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Not many 9.8 candidates in this collection, I think the majority are VF, but certainly some 9.4s.

I’m still figuring out what to send in for grading, guys. Please bear with me.
Post 100 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Very much looks like an intact collection at what sounds like a 'too good to be true' price. Good to know this can still happen. Good for you!
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Ginosdad private msg quote post Address this user
Just curious. What part of the US, state or city did you find this. I’m finding out that the majority of collections come from the Midwest. I’m from the San Francisco Peninsula and it seems the dealers outweigh the collectors 2-1 out here. Great find!!!
Post 102 IP   flag post
@Ginosdad I’m in Stockton, California. Seller was from Modesto.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@Tedsaid I just made the decision recently.

The Secret Wars 8 looks close, I’d have to double check. The ASM 300 is gonna get slabbed before I sell it.

One Gambit is available. A friend of mine locally expressed interest in the other. But I can get grade estimates together for the others.

Thanks! I'm in no hurry, so please, get your sea legs under you, and reach out at any time.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector Murm private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim Amazing pickup you inspired me to start a a new thread working on it now.
Post 105 IP   flag post
601536 187 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?